PDA

View Full Version : wet rides

jpmsrivers
10-03-2007, 11:04 AM
We are going to WDW in November and I had a question about the wet rides....Do they turn down the water in the cooler months? I just wondered if you got as wet in the winter as you do in the summer. I have never been at this time of year and my kids really want to ride these, but the thought of walking around soaking wet on a cool day doesn't sound too good to me. THanks for your help! :mickey:

kbean
10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
I would be very surprise if it is cool in November down here. It didn't get cold till Jan. We were in shorts for Xmas. I wish it would cool off.

#1donaldfan
10-03-2007, 12:08 PM
The way this years been going I seriously doubt Nov will be cold.....maybe a little cooler at night......you should be fine and have fun ....

Disney Doll
10-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Seems like I remember hearing that water levels are different in the colder months. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I have been on many times in Feb and I never seem to get that wet. Maybe I'm just lucky? Anyhow, here's my strategy for Splash Mountain.
1. Ride in the middle of the afternoon when it is warmest
2. Wear a light jacket
3. After the ride take off the damp jacket and tie it around your waist. Once it gets cool again in the evening your jacket will probably be dry.
4. If I really do not want to get wet I'll wear a poncho. Sometimes I feel silly, but I can usually spot at least one other poncho wearer in line.

Sweezy
10-03-2007, 01:29 PM
as the others have said, november really shouldnt be very cold...

but i do believe the water rides run the same regardless~

Momof2boys
10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Last October we got soaked on Splash - even when we were there in May & June we didn't get as wet as we did last year.

Imagineer1981
10-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Water rides are reduced, but only the special effects. You can't control how much you gets splashed going down hills but the air cannons are generally turned off or reduced

jpmsrivers
10-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all of the responses...it is good to know that it usually isn't too cold in November. :cool:

KatGat
10-04-2007, 09:37 AM
We go every November and while we've had some warm weather, we've definitely had some very cold weather, too! A few years ago, we got really wet on the Rapids and ended up shivering our way over to a shop to buy towels. Now, we bring ponchos and try to do those rides in the warmer part of the day. The good news is, we now have a tradition of buying a towel each trip to commemorate that year!

IloveDisney71
10-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I went to Disney in Feb. one year and it got really cold! I was with someone who had never been and really wanted to ride Splash Mt. Thankfully, I had brought along some $1.00 ponchos. We didn't feel silly at all when we put them on - it was COLD. Anyway, we rode SM twice and had a blast. We didn't get that wet (thanks to the ponchos) and our clothes dried pretty fast.
The good thing is that there was NO line at all. We walked right up and got right on the ride. After riding the second time someone else said, "man I wish we had ponchos" - we gave them ours. I was just going to throw them away anyway! :)