PDA

View Full Version : Coral, Marrakesh, CG, Yachtsman & AP reviews

Crow
10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
just some thoughts from the TS places i ate at. I was on free dining for first 4 then Dining w Imagineer at AP. and i do have menus from them. I did also drink w dinner:marg::beer:
1 TS Coral Reef- had to wait a few min and had table right by the tank. waitress was nice.
App Lobster Soup $7.49 wasnt bad.Grilled Mahi Mahi $25.99 was good served over couscous. Choc Wave $7.99 wasnt bad but i would try something else if i went back.
it is a bit noisy there at times.
Marrakesh 1 TS- no wait. waiter very good. He made suggestions that were great, even saying to try a less exp entree cause the other was more Americanized like Red Lobster.
app Seafood Bastilla $6.95..very good
Tagine of Fish $25.95 great. it was a fillet of fish cooked in a pot w shrimp, tomatoes,olives,potatoes,carrots & peppers.
Bastilla $5.95 good also. as was the Morrocan wine.
Out of these 2 places for 1TS i would lean towards Marrakesh..and they have a bellydancer who is the same one that performs w Mo Rockin now it appears not the one who used to perform w them.
CA Grill 2TS just a little wait to checkin, went up and had wine at bar but hardly had time to sip it before my pager went off. Waitress very nice. i had a view of Swan/Dolphin etc. I will ask to sit at the counter next time since i found out about it...sushi, grill or dessert counter.
She recommended i tried the Spicy Sensation sushi $18.00 since i had tried the Double Crunch roll last time...it was awesome:thumbsup:
against her first suggestions i tried the Buffalo steak $36.00 w corn Pancake, Fava Beans, mushrooms,bacon and crispy shallot. It was good but i will probably go w something diff next time.
she suggested the cheese $17.00 over the Blueberry dessert. 5 diff cheeses each paired w something different (chutney, almonds,honey comb,Raisins on the vine, Apricot Paste) very nice way to end the meal. of course i also had wines, sake and cappacino. the wines are exp so be careful. my ADR was 530 but i wasnt rushed and by the time i finished it was almost 8 so i watched Wishes...my meal and service were great but i know the couple i met from Intercot dined here shortly after me and had bad service.
Yachtsman Steakhouse 2TS. didnt have to wait long. Waiter was ok not bad not great.
Heirloom Tomato Salad $12. not bad but i wouldnt get it next time
RibEye $37 served w horseradish Mashed potatoes and red wine butter...id have to say one of the best ribeyes ive had. also got a side of mushrooms which were good and a big serving
the miscue was when they brought the wrong dessert after a bit of a wait. i realized it just as i put my spoon in it but didnt taste and he came to bring me the right one..$8 seasonal dessert but dont remember what right now sorry
Artist Pt Dining w an Imagineer $99+
Portobello Mushroom Soup,Grilled Beef Tenderloinw mushrooms, tomatoes, arugula,croutons..good
Berry Cobbler. not bad but not the greatest dessert ive had.
very good meal and fun to hear stories from the Graphic Designer Imagineer and learn about some hidden mickies. He had done work on the castle for the last celebration, Mission Space, Mickeys Philharmagic, Saratoga Springs etc. He couldnt answer upcoming things that havent been announced of course but was very nice. and he pointed out the hidden mickey in the fireplace at WL. it was a diff dining exp and we were given a ceramic plate, menu and placetag to remember it by

To sum up- for the 1 CS Marrakesh topped Coral Reef i would say
of the 2 TS places, CA Grill has the best view, but busier and some people wore shorts. the food is great
Yachtsman if you stay nearby id say go to for a good steak
AP is in the amazing lodge and not quite as busy. the food is good. close but right now CG might b #1 by a hair.

ElenitaB
10-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks so much for posting.

I would have loved to dine with the Imagineer you did. Thanks for sharing that!

Natazu
10-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Terrific review my friend. Thanks for sharing your observations with us.

Caroleh
10-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for sharing!!! We'll be eating at Marrakesh in Dec!!

Crow
10-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Enjoy Marrakesh!
and if you get a chance to dine w Imagineer it was interesting.