PDA

View Full Version : Intercot Radio and VIP?

DisneyDudet
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I have been listening to Intercot radio non stop for a few weeks now. I get home today, and start it up, and its a VIP only station now! Is this correct?

John
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Sorry - INTERCOT radio in it's current incarnation is going away. It costs more than $300 a year to operate - and the bill was due today... I decided not to renew. It brings in no revenue and therefore is a cash drain. I had hoped favoriting of the station and shared revenue with Live365 would work out, but it didn't and I just can't bankroll it anymore.

Sorry. We'll have to look into other options to bring the music back... but with the state of licensing and such... it's a huge pain.

Live365 allows it to stay there as a VIP station - so if you really want to listen, you can pay them.

DisneyDudet
10-02-2007, 09:15 PM
If I pay to be a VIP, do you see any of that money?

John
10-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I think if you are a VIP and you have us favorited, we get something, but not enough to make any sort of a difference.

Honestly, I would just listen to one of the other free stations.

MinnieMommie
10-02-2007, 10:25 PM
sorry to learn this. Intercot Radio was an asset to live 365.

DisneyDudet
10-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, let me tell you, the other stations aren't as good! I loved Epcot night last night, though!

I am listening to a station that I used to listen to before Intercot radio, and its not as good!

I will always miss Intercot Radio. May it RIP, along with Horizons, JII, and Alien Encounter. :(

JPL
10-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I want to thank all of you for your nice compliments since I reprogrammed the music last spring for Intercot Radio :D
I have to say that John is 100% correct the $300 a year was for the basic package and looking at revenue generated it's not worth the money. The basic package only allows a limited amount of music and not only was it limiting but very time consuming as far as adding new updates and removing old tracks to make room for the new. I can only imagine what Intercot would have become if we had the right resources adn could really program a station without the limitations of live365. I would suggest channel surfing the other stations there are some good ones out there that I listened to get an idea of what would work for Intercot Radio. I am in a sense sad to see it go as well but who knows in the future we might find something that works better.

McGoofy
10-03-2007, 06:01 PM
I will truly miss Intercot radio. :( Thank you for all that you did to keep it up and running prior to now. Our family loved it. My DH had rigged the sound of the computer through the wireless network to the stereo in our house. We were able to listen to Inercot through the whole house just like we had XM radio or something!:mickey: I am now trying to find a different station that is close to what Intercot played. I haven't had much success yet. Are we allowed to post names of stations that we like or don't like? If we are, can anybody reccomend some good Live 365 stations? Thanks!

dolphinmickey9170
10-07-2007, 10:04 AM
:music:McGoofy, I miss I-cot radio too! However, I also listened to Mouse World Radio, Sorcerer Radio and Park Hopper Radio. I also will listen to DIS Radio which is a professional music station. These are all great stations, but never will be Intercot Radio.

If you put the word "Disney" in the search box, you will get so many choices. I have saved the above stations to my favorites!

I hope this helps!