PDA

View Full Version : What's the name of that place in Mexixo?

b wilburn
10-02-2007, 07:58 PM
The family and I visited during April of 2005 and April of 2007. In 2005, we took the boat ride through Mecixo. The ride has since been refurbished but we passed a spot where patrons were having a wonderful, peaceful time sitting and relaxing at tables with lanterns glowing with the feel of authentic Mexico. I would love to visit this myself on our upcoming visit but have no clue if this is a restaurant or counter service area. Could it just be a place to sit back and take in the sights?

I would appreciate any feedback on this topic. From the boat it just looked like a pleasant place to be as we have been to Mexico and it brought back so many beautiful memories, even my young children want to stop in. Thank you.:sombrero:

illini
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I believe you're talking about San Angel Inn, which is a table service restaurant. I haven't eaten there, but if you make a post over in dining, I'm sure you'll get lots of feedback on it!

emmingo
10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Its a table service restaurant, San Angel Inn. I love the atmosphere: its kind of a twilight-y backdrop and you can sit by the river if you are lucky (and assertive) and watch the boats from the Rio de Tiempo ride go by...:)

..and the food is pretty good, but every time I've been there, the service has been weird. Not bad...just weird and kind of slow.

GrmGrninGost
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
I believe you're speaking of the San Angel Inn. This is a table service restaurant. :mickey:

caryrae
10-02-2007, 08:13 PM
San Angel Inn
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Hours: Lunch Noon - 4:00 pm
Dinner: 4:30 pm - Varies with Park Close
Type: Table Service
Price Range: Most Items $5 - $24
Advanced Dining Reservations: Yes
Cuisine: Mexican
Description: Relax on the banks of the river of time and enjoy a number of Mexican dishes like Pollo a las Rajas, Mahi-Mahi a la Veracruzana, or Puntas De Filete.

caryrae
10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
You can also try this thread;
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=116615&highlight=angel

crltkcagle
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
and the food is really good too!

caryrae
10-02-2007, 09:11 PM
and the food is really good too!

I read in link above that the food is ok some said it was not good and the service is really bad and that you can get better food at like a Chi Chi's resturants.

mousetrapper
10-02-2007, 10:13 PM
It does serve rather standard Tex Mex restaurant fare, IMHO...but it is tasty! Authentic Mexican food it is not.

But the atmosphere is wonderful! We love it, even just to walk through, enjoy the marketplace area and the view (Mayan temple?) with the starlit skies...

Just breathtaking!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2007, 11:38 AM
The family and I visited during April of 2005 and April of 2007. In 2005, we took the boat ride through Mecixo. The ride has since been refurbished but we passed a spot where patrons were having a wonderful, peaceful time sitting and relaxing at tables with lanterns glowing with the feel of authentic Mexico. I would love to visit this myself on our upcoming visit but have no clue if this is a restaurant or counter service area. Could it just be a place to sit back and take in the sights?

I would appreciate any feedback on this topic. From the boat it just looked like a pleasant place to be as we have been to Mexico and it brought back so many beautiful memories, even my young children want to stop in. Thank you.:sombrero::secret: It is San Angel Inn. We ate there last time and it is fun to watch the people on the ride going by. However, we felt the counter service Mexican food was better.