PDA

View Full Version : 2007 is the busiest yr @ WDW on RECORD! worried about Dec trip!

streudel423
10-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I just read on some website (which now I have no clue WHICH one) that 2007 may be the BUSIEST year for WDW on RECORD !! Anyone who visits frequently agree? disagree? or think it's the same?

We are going the first week of December this year. But this latest info has me all worried! I hope it's not packed!! How was it last year the first week of December? Now I'm all scared because I'm afriad since this is the busiest year on record that it's going to be packed the week in December we are there!!

People on other Disney sites are saying it is busier and that the first week of December this year will be PACKED. Is this true? I just can't imagine it being like peak season? thanks!!

LoriMistress
10-02-2007, 06:04 PM
The first two weeks of December is not crowded at all. Very reasonable waits (about an hour during peak times.) During Christmas week and New Year's Eve the park will be increasingly more crowded each day.

fastpassgal
10-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Generally speaking, the first couple of weeks in Dec. aren't bad at all as far as the parks being packed. That will come later in the month.

Come on down and enjoy the holiday season with us. :deer:

Best wishes.

SurferStitch
10-02-2007, 08:00 PM
No worries!

We went last December (7 - 18), and crowds were pretty light. Weekends were busier, but that's to be expected. Crowds didn't get big until the last couple days of our trip (and just continue to grow through New Year. We got out just in time!)

We loved it so much that we're going back this December (6 - 17).

Relax, and have a great trip!!!

caryrae
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Here is an article of what you were talking about. I wonder if the YOAMD had some to do with attendance.

New attractions pay off for parks, Disney's Iger says
By Andy Fixmer Bloomberg News
September 19, 2007

Walt Disney Co., the world's biggest theme-park operator, may post record attendance at its U.S. resorts this fiscal year as new attractions have lured more visitors, Chief Executive Officer Robert Iger said Tuesday.

Attendance in fiscal 2007, which ends in two weeks, may exceed the record number of tickets sold in 2006, when all Disney's parks celebrated the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, the company's first theme park, Iger told a Goldman, Sachs & Co. conference in New York.

Disney will continue to add attractions at its domestic and international resorts, Iger said. A Finding Nemo ride at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., and the Expedition Everest roller coaster at Walt Disney World in Orlando have helped boost sales at the theme-park unit. In the nine months ended June 30, theme-park revenue was up 6.2 percent to $7.84 billion.

Expedition Everest opened in April 2006 in Disney World's Animal Kingdom theme park. Mixing a roller coaster with a story about a Yeti creature and a mountain, the ride has drawn praise for pleasing teenagers and young adults without scaring away their parents or younger siblings.

"We think the trends are good in terms of bookings," Iger said of Disney's resorts. "Some people will keep the family vacation and not replace the faulty refrigerator, and that's an interesting phenomenon."

Disney, owner of about 26,000 hotel rooms nationwide, also announced Tuesday that it will expand its Grand Californian Hotel & Spa in Anaheim to increase the accommodations there by more than 30 percent.

The expansion, expected to be completed in late 2009, will add more than 200 hotel rooms and 50 vacation villas with kitchens, Disney said.

Disney is building more accommodations and shopping areas at both Disneyland and Disney World to help boost sales and profit margins at its theme-park and resort unit. The division accounted for 29 percent of Walt Disney Co.'s $34.3 billion in revenue last fiscal year.

On Wall Street, Disney shares rose $1.20, or 3.6 percent, Tuesday to close at $34.58 on the New York Stock Exchange. The Burbank, Calif.-based company's shares are up 2.3 percent so far this year.

Strmchsr
10-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Park attendance for every month has been increasing each year since it dropped so low in 2001-2002. Early December has grown to be very popular. I see bigger crowds each time I go. however, it won't be like peak season. Expect moderate - not light, not heavy - crowds. It's definitely not empty like it used to be (and I wish the guidebooks would quit printing that as that is part of the reason it's gotten so crowded) but it won't be unbearable either.

Spaceship Tigger
10-03-2007, 07:24 AM
I know that two years ago in September the parks were very empty - zero to ten minute waits for everything. This year in September crowds on the streets were much higher and waits were generally more in the ten to twenty minute range. That leads to believe that crowds increased dramatically in two years, possibly to the point of doubling for that week in September. Not sure how much that had to do with free dining. But it seems that there really is no completely empty time at WDW anymore like there used to be - maybe parts of January?

kakn7294
10-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Just my personal opinion, but the crowds in August were what I hoped for, a little better than I expected. Last December 2 - 10, the crowds were somewhat worse than I expected but not really bad by any means. Weekends were really busy but it was still better than summertime crowds. The best crowd levels we ever experienced were in Sept 2005.

pugslave
10-03-2007, 09:52 AM
I too am going the first week of Dec. (1-8). We have been this week before, with the last being in 2005. We went last year during Veteran's Day week in November, and it was quite crowded. We plan on taking advantage of the FP and also taking time to hear the christmas stories, etc., and not worry so much about the rides. Just looking at the decorations is a beautiful thing. Try not to stress about it. I'm trying to get into the mind set "I am at WDW during the christmas celebration" and "at least I'm not sweating my *** off while I wait!":fan:

TBY2225
10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Just got back. Crowds seemed much heavier in the parks, but wait times were still very reasonable 5-10 minutes most places and some walk ons. It was more busy than the same time last year, but still very manageable. I think the first of December will be fine!

kbean
10-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Wow, I can't believe that. Everytime I went last year, the crowds were great. Even towards the end of spring break, the longest wait was an hr for the RnR.

luvkatiebug
10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey, don't worry about it. I think it is all about your mind set. As long as you aren't trying to do everything in one day, you should have a great time. I always have to say to myself, "relax, and only do what you absolutely have to" b/c I know my kids will have a great time any way. Enjoy, the weather should be great!:mickey: