PDA

View Full Version : The ride you can't miss...

Bluesky481
10-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Okay, admittedly I'm completely bummed! I just found out Splash Mtn. (the ride I was most looking forward to riding) will be closed for refurb. during my upcoming Jan. trip :(

Hence my question, what's the one ride at DW you'd be extremely disappointed to see closed during your trip?

I guess on the flip-side, these closings do give us an excuse to plan another DW vacation:thumbsup:

illini
10-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Splash is the one ride that I would reschedule my trip for.
I'd be extremely disappointed if several others were down, including Space Mtn, PoTC, HM, Peter Pan, and ToT. I'll probably add EE and Soarin' to that list in 6 weeks. :mickey:

Dyanna
10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
BTMRR as this is the only coaster I can go on more than once & not get sick on. Unfortunately it will be closed when I am there next week. BUMMER:mad:

dolphinmickey9170
10-02-2007, 02:35 PM
HM, ToT, RnRC!!

But, I get to go again in 72 days, so I am HAPPY!

AbeeNormal
10-02-2007, 02:37 PM
We are going to be there in jan. as well..... and I am so dissapointed. :sob:
Last time we were at Disneyland the POTC was closed for referbishment... I have to say that was worse. So POTC would be my 1st choice :cry:

Tygger7
10-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Space Mountain...and I'm crossing my fingers that it won't go down for rehab during our trip in May 2008. :mickey:

MickeyandTink
10-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Having not been in almost 20 years, I was looking forward to several new rides. I would have to say I enjoyed just about every new ride/attraction, but was disappointed with some of the refurbs, especially HM and POTC (of course, having some moron taking several flash pictures during POTC, including one right in my face, didn't help the experience). The Meet Jack Sparrow experience was pretty cool, though. He could have been Johnny Depp's twin.

Splash Mtn and Soarin are new faves and I would hate to miss them. RnRC and SSE were down while we were there, so I'm bummed about that. I would also miss Space Mountain and Test Track if they were down.

Von-Drake
10-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I am not sure for myself, but if Peter Pan goes down next April when we are there, my son will have a bad, bad time.

Jsgirl26
10-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Tower of Terror!!

SBETigg
10-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean. Rehab rumors were spinning when we planned our 2005 trip and we almost rescheduled over it. But then the rehab was confirmed for later and our travel dates were safe-- what a relief!

I did miss the Haunted Mansion on our August trip this year, but that one wasn't a trip-breaker.

mdearmas
10-02-2007, 03:26 PM
DW and I love the Carousel of Progress! Never go to the MK without at least one ride!

:goofy:

tink179
10-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm also going to be there in January and was disappointed in SM being closed, as it was closed last year when we went as well. The last 2 yrs my 4 1/2 yr has been big enough to ride, but still is unable to. :( I think I would be really upset if RnRc, TOT, HM, POTC, EE, or TT would be closed. Those are some of the rides my family and I look forward to every year! Hopefully the next time we go SM will not be closed!!! :D

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm sorry to say it would be Splash Mountain, but also ToT.

When we went this past Sept. RnRC was shut and that was hard...but going on ToT twenty times made up for it!!! :D

Chris :hatter:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I would be upset if I missed HM...or Peter Pan...or believe it or not...the TTA! (DD would be crushed without the TTA) :thumbsup:

LovinWDW
10-02-2007, 03:46 PM
For me it's Splash Mt.. That is my #1 overall. I would also be upset about ToT, E, Soarin being closed.

mouseketeer mom
10-02-2007, 03:48 PM
This is an easy one! Pirates and Soarin'!!! Oh! Add Splash Mountain too!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I will start by saying I would never reschedule our vacation for a ride closure. There is always next year for us.;) I can understand why others would though, as I asked this question (similar I should say) awhile back. ;)

But, Spaceship Earth was closed last month when we were there and that was a real bummer for us. I would be really upset if Splash, BTMRR or Soarin was closed. I have already lived through a POTC closure. I made it surprisingly, I didn't think I would...lol.

However...I would have a major temper tantrum in the middle of Fantasyland if Peter Pan was closed while we were there. Really, I would. :fit:

ChipnDaleGal
10-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Now that I am a hopeless Everest addict, I would be very bummed to have that down during a trip, but I think the ride I would miss the most would be the sweet little old TTA!! No trip is complete without a few spins around on that one. :thumbsup:

jrpersinger
10-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Haunted Mansion. It was closed and I tell ya, our trip just wasn't right without it! I wanted to cry every time I walked past the fence!

Previous trip, it was Its a Small World. I never realized how much it was a tradition until then. The trip wasn't right without it either!

I am really nervous to see whats going to be down in June for our next trip. We would never reschedule due to a ride being down, but it does seem like something is missing when you can't ride (or even see) your favorites!

gwfx1031
10-02-2007, 04:03 PM
DL's Haunted Mansion was down hard the one year we went and we missed the "Nightmare" overlay. I would have been bummed to miss the WDW one earlier this year during the refurb.

teambricker04
10-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Mine is HM
My Hubby would be sooo sad if Star Tours was down, unless it was to update it.
My 2 1/2 yo would be upset if the Tiki Room was closed (I am not sure if the rest of us would be as devestated)
And the baby doesn't know what he's missing... YET! :mickey:

wjrhw
10-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Splash was closed in January for the past two years, so this year we scheduled the trip for the last couple of days of January into February. Just my luck, Splash is closed extra long this year. It extends into the middle of February.

I wish Disney would keep these refurbs reasonable. If it turns into 1 1/2 months a year, that is a very significant percentage of time spent with the ride closed. Any more and they'll have to start saying Splash is seasonal.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated with the refurb schedules.

laprana
10-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh, man! There are a lot for me! I would be really bummed if POTC was closed. It was undergoing the big refurb when we were there in 2006, and it just wasn't the same without getting to ride it! We were all sad every time we walked by...but, we really like the update now that it's done! I'd also be bummed if Peter Pan and TTC were down. Small rides, sure, but definite must-dos for my family every trip! :thumbsup:

crazeedizneefinatic
10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Haunted Mansion for us! We actually scheduled our trip later in September as not to miss it. Even threw in an extra few days just in case the refurb ran over. And I must say it was worth waiting the extra week to visit! It's awesome!

DessertDivaFL
10-02-2007, 05:49 PM
DS - Star Tours
DD - Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Me - POTC

IloveDisney71
10-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't plan my trips around ride closures, I'm just really sad if something is closed that I want to ride.
My top rides at each park:
MK - Space Mt. & Splash Mt. (I couldn't choose one.)
Epcot - Test Track
AK - EE
Studios - RnRC

There are many more that I would miss if I couldn't ride them...but I tried to keep my list short.

EmmMOM2
10-02-2007, 06:19 PM
great movie ride, pirates...and pooh for the kids ;)

kbean
10-02-2007, 07:10 PM
SM is my fav to and I'm disappointed that it's closed in Jan cuz I too shall be there. But I live down here so I can't be that mad.

GrmGrninGost
10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I choose the WDW Railroad. I can't imagine going to the MK and not hearing the train whistle or not seeing the trains pulling into the stations! To me nothing says Disney like the steam locomotives! :mickey: :train:

Kenny1113
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
POTC :pirate:for my son. It was closed when we were there May '06. We go often though so he got over it somewhat easily.

crltkcagle
10-02-2007, 08:47 PM
there were several things closed when we went three weeks ago. One was rocking roller coaster and i was really bummed because i have never been on it. :( Another was the honey i shrunk the audience which wasn't too bad to miss. Of course my kids really wanted to go in the "big ball" at epcot and it was closed too. I think I would be upset if splash, BTMRR, or Space mountain were shut down. We luckily were able to be there for the "rehaunting of the haunted mansion." I think i would be upset about everest too!

dml
10-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Mine would be HM, POTC, and RnRC

:mickey::mickey:

cal5755
10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
In Epcot it is definately SSE... our tradition is to ride it as soon as we get in the park. The fact it was closed this year made our decision to go again next year much easier.

Magic Kingdom - that is tough.. I would say SM would bring the most dissapointment. Followed by POTC, HM and COP.

MGM - RNRC.. that has been down on 2 of our trips.. only rode it once.

Animal Kingdom - EE and Kali

garthbarth1
10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
We just got back from our trip last week and our day to Epcot felt awfully empty without Spaceship Earth. Riding it at the very beginning and at the end of the day was a tradition for us...the day we were there it just was not the same.

Polynesian Dweller
10-02-2007, 11:23 PM
This year is just not going to seem right with a ride on Spaceship Earth. It won't be open when we're there in 10 days. Would also miss TOT, BTMRR and Splash Mt. but somehow Epcot won't be Epcot without SE.:sad:

Sweezy
10-02-2007, 11:34 PM
splash mountain is certainly up there...

the other two would be Space Mountain and Tower of Terror...

Dsnygirl
10-03-2007, 04:24 AM
:( The one ride that is going to be closed during our trip - BTMRR!! :train: I love that ride, and it will be down for refurb while we're there. :(

SpecJoe Magic
10-03-2007, 05:00 AM
My wife and I would be disappointed if we couldn't ride Tower of Terror . It's our favorite WDW attraction. The Studios is our least favorite park even when our favorite attraction is open so we don't know if the park would be worth a visit without it. We were at WDW recently and it was bad enough to be at the Studios when Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is closed, which is our second favorite attraction at the park.

goofysbabe
10-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Soarin' - I just love this ride.

Trev&Ev Mom
10-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know why Splash Mountain is closed every January for refurb? I've gone the last 2 years in Jan and each time its closed.
?????:confused:???

darthmacho
10-03-2007, 12:44 PM
There is so much to do at WDW that no one ride being closed would totally ruin the trip, but at the same time, any of the top rides would be missed for sure, and Splash Mountain would top that list! I'm so sorry that you have to miss it. :(

wedway76
10-03-2007, 01:07 PM
I get bummed when any of the Classic Disney rides are closed. On out last trip it was POC, a few trips ago it was Small World. Just about anything in the MK would bum me out. I know that refurbishments need to be done, but you hope they fall into the time between your trips.

WDW Dreamer
10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I would be extremely disappointed if HM, CoP, TTA, EE, SE, TT or RnR were closed. I live near Disney Land and can see quite a few of the other things there, but only WDW has the things I listed. I know they both have HM, but I'm dying to see the refurb! :hmghost:

DisneyGRL7
10-03-2007, 10:10 PM
This thread just prompted me to look up when Splash will be undergoing rehab and I will also be missing it during my next trip...and it's my favorite ride in all of the parks. MAJOR BUMMER. It was in refurb last january as well but we fortunately got to ride on our last night. I didn't think rides needed yearly maintenance...

adamsfam5
10-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Peter Pan
and
Soarin'

Figgyluv03
10-04-2007, 12:15 PM
HM, ToT, and Muppets, not that it's a ride, but I love it and can never miss it!!!

gtpooh
10-04-2007, 02:00 PM
For me, it's Splash, TOT & RNR. For DH, it's probably Buzz and TT.

tomorrowschild
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Spaceship Earth and Soarn'.

TerriV8489
10-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Soarin' and Test Track!!

King Triton
10-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't reschedule a trip for any ride, but I'd go with Test Track

kim1st
10-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I would be devastated if the teacups were down.

I have the best memories of the 4 of us in that teacup :cloud9: ...my 2 DDs telling my DH to spin it faster...and my very conservative DH being terrified to do so because he was convinced they would :ack:

Hands down - it wouldn't feel like Disney without the teacups...