PDA

View Full Version : Everest Backwards question

crazeedizneefinatic
10-01-2007, 11:32 PM
I have a question about Everest. When you go backwards through the dark tunnel do you go in a corkscrew fashion?? It sure feels like it to me or am I imagining it?? It sure does not feel straight. Anyone know?

Red Randal
10-01-2007, 11:44 PM
If anything, you might go backwards into a small helix which wouldn't be a corkscrew but just be curved. It definitely doesn't "corkscrew" in the traditional sense where you're spinning a lot. You might go about halfway, what seems like the beginning of a corkscrew, but then straighten out.

Hopefully some AK/coaster fans come along to help me out here.

2Epcot
10-02-2007, 01:13 AM
It wasn't a corkscrew ... To me is just seemed like a sharp turn as you head backwards, but I could be wrong. :coaster:

SpecJoe Magic
10-02-2007, 01:16 AM
Red Randal gave a good description of it. It seems like it goes a little bit uphill when it goes into that tight turn. Others have reported that it feels like the train goes upside down, but it definitely does not. Since a corkscrew, by definition, causes the train to go upside down, it's not actually a corkscrew.

Jenemmy
10-02-2007, 08:08 AM
You definitely go uphill backwards...fast....and I do think there is a definite curve. At least that is the sensation I got. It is a very strange feeling, that's for sure!

crltkcagle
10-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Nah not a corkscrew up a hill and around a curve. but isn't it fun!

mickeysworld
10-02-2007, 09:01 AM
We debated this very issue on our last trip, do you go upside down or not, is it a corkscrew, is it not, untill finally we got a CM involved and she said that it's not a traditional corkscrew in that you do not go upside down, but it's sort of a wide backwards spiral going down, I picture a big toilet bowl! anyways, it sure is fun and now I know why I'm always a little dizzy afterwards!:silly:

MickeyandTink
10-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Nah not a corkscrew up a hill and around a curve. but isn't it fun!

Yes it is! :thumbsup: