PDA

View Full Version : Just got back & still full!

crazykids
10-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Just back from an 11 night trip & was on the DDP. We stayed at Poly Concierge & for the first time in my family's life we became sick of eating! We ate breakfast every morning in the lounge, but other than that we only used it for some adult beverages in the evening & a couple of snacks for the kids. The following is a list of all of the TS we visited:

1) Chef Mickey - Everyone loved this one! The characters came around 3-4 times & spent a lot of time playing around with the kids. Food was good, about what I expected it to be for a buffet.

2) Coral Reef - Nice atmosphere, very good food. I had the land & sea, king crab legs & baileys & jack daniels mousse (can't remember what everyone else had). Server wasn't that great here, but the food made up for it!

3)Kona Cafe - Very good! Great service & food, I had the crab cakes, shrimp & scallops & the Kona Kone. I left very full!

4)Princess Storybook Lunch - Good. I was nervous going into this one because I really didn't like the looks of the menu & it turned out to be ok. I had a chicken dish that they had on the menu & it was good. Really went here so my daughter could see the princesses - character interaction was great!

5)Flying Fish - Very Good!! The staff paid a lot of attention to the kids here which made it enjoyable for everyone. My kids are very young & they were getting a little fed up by now with the restarants. I had the crab cake, potato crusted red snapper & something chocolate for dessert. Would definitely go back here again!

6)Narcoossees - Very good!! This restaurant was the only repeat for us on this trip - I really love lobster! The kids had it by now w/ going out to dinner so I put the older two in the Neverland Club & we brought the baby with us. Once again I had the crab cakes, surf & turf, & something chocolate for dessert. I always enjoy my meal here.

7)Brown Derby Fantasmic Pkg. - Good food, but I didn't think it was worth the $$. I think once again I had crab cakes, filet & creme brulee. The kids did not enjoy this place, it seemed the stuffiest of all the restaurants we visited. Everything was good, but I would probably chose another restaurant next time.

8)Ohana Breakfast - very good food! Characters came around only once, but they had parades for the kids which was fun.

9)Cinderella Castle breakfast - Good food, met the princesses. Felt a little rushed here, but my daughters left very happy!

10)Playhouse Disney breakfast - kids loved this one. Food quality not as good here as the other character breakfasts, but they did have containers of yogurt which I liked. Kids had a good time.

11) Whispering Canyon Cafe - OK. We went here mainly for the antics & our waiter was a dud. Food was ok, pretty much what I would have expected. This was the only disapointment of the trip.

12) Boma - Very good food! Chef TJ made us the fried Oreos which were tasty! Loved sampling the different foods. Only wished they would have had some ice cream for the kids, they were a little disappointed when I told them there was none.

We ended up cancelling 2 of the dinners I was looking forward to most on this trip - Le Cellier & Ohana. We were actually getting tired of eating & the kids behavior was going downhill real fast in the restaurants. There's always next trip!

The Dining plan was a great value & we really loved having everything paid for in advance. Pairing it up with club level was a big mistake - way too much food. Two meals a day would have been plenty. We will do the dining plan again on the next trip & cut out the concierge. I think out of all the snack credits we had, only about 5-6 of them were used during our vacation, the rest I bought packaged goods at Goofy's Candy Company to bring home as souveniers. We ate at various CS places throughout our stay. Captain Cooks was very good, we ate there about three times. Also the Pepper Market & Wolfgang Puck Express were both a very good value.

Jared
10-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed the Disney Dining Plan and your restaurant selections. Too bad you missed 'Ohana and Le Cellier, but kids often dictate the vacation. ;)

cal5755
10-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I am glad you enjoyed the food on your trip. We booked the deluxe dining plan for next year... hoping to do some 2 ts meals and one cs a day. It does sound like a lot but I still think with a group of 10 it is a great deal!

LoriMistress
10-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Glad to hear that your dining experience was pretty good. Sorry about your two cancellations, but there's always next year.

AbeeNormal
10-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the great report.:thumbsup: It's funny how you talk about being so full and suddenly I'm starving.:eat: Sorry about your poor service but boy you had some great dishes.:)