PDA

View Full Version : Where can you get a good salad?

momef3grls
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
We are heading down to the world in 10 days :cloud9: and I am looking for a good counter service salad? It doesn't have to be anything extravagant but with the dining plan I would like to have a lighter lunch every once in a while. The last time DH and I were there I could not find a decent salad because I must have been looking in the wrong spots :(. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated and welcomed. Are there any salads in the kiosks for the FWF?
Thanks again.

laprana
10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure about the kiosks at the F&WF because I've never been...but, a great place to get a salad is Captain Cooks at the Poly! They have 2 really good salads - a Ceasar Salad w/grilled chicken and the Polynesian Salad w/grilled chicken (and you can get them without the chicken if you prefer it that way, too). Might be a good place for you one day when your in MK...the Poly is just a monorail ride away! Have a great trip!!:mickey:

Lessie
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
For a light lunch, we like Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot. They have several salads, as well as other lighter, healthier options. Columbia Harbor House at the Magic Kingdom is another good choice for a tasty soup and salad. If you read through the menus, I'm sure you'll see some other light choices that would work for you! Have fun!

SBETigg
10-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Flametree BBQ in the AK makes a really good barbecued chicken salad. I was pleasantly surprised. You are not likely to find salads at the F & W kiosks.

TexasPrincessAurora
10-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Another vote for Sunshine Seasons at The Land...they are wonderful and they toss them as you order them.

I still love the Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby most of all. Another new favorite is the Chicken Chinois at Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. Huge and delicious!

tinkerbell04
10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I loved the salads from Earl of Sandwich. You tell the CM's what you want it them and then they mix them fresh for you when you order. I like them better then the sandwiches, and everyone knows that they are good. I also got an excellent Bar-B-Que chicken salad from Woldfgang Express that was :cloud9: Good salads are out there, and they can be found :mickey:

RockChalkKimball
10-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Definately try the Chicken Chinois at Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. It is wonderful! I have also had Chicken Ceasar in a couple of places and they were good, too!

wendy*darling
10-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Columbia Harbor House & Pecos Bill's in MK.
Sunshine Season's in Epcot's Future World.
Backlot Express at MGM Studios.
Flame Tree in AK.

I have had the salads at all of these places and was very satisfied.
There are also lots of lighter/healthier options just about everywhere now- keep your eyes open and read past the burgers and chicken fingers. Some of the CS places have really good offerings! :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-02-2007, 12:30 AM
The Greek Salads located across different places are AMAZING.

I know they have them at Pop Century and MGM Backlot.

Natazu
10-02-2007, 01:50 AM
They have salads at WDW?

disneyfan328
10-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Just got back Sunday from 9 days and had one of the best salads ever from Earl of Sandwich in DTD. It was the Cobb salad with apple smoked bacon, chicken, cubes of swiss and cheddar, mixed greens, cranberries ( so sweet!) and ranch dressing. I ate the whole thing and would have loved to have another. It is on my list if we get to go back!!

I had a chef salad from tamu tamu in AK - NOT very good. cheapy lunchmeat type meat on it and I don't care for Kens steak house dressings - also just a little shredded cheddar cheees on it. I ended up pitching most of it.

dolphinmickey9170
10-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Another vote for Seasons and Flame tree, there is also a salad at Cosmic Ray's in MK. Really good CS!!

DisneyGrrrl
10-03-2007, 11:38 AM
There was greek salad at the Greece booth at F&WF. I had a GREAT salad at POR where you get to choose from about 20 toppings, three kinds of lettuce, steak or chicken and dressing for $7.99. One of the best salads I've ever had!!

SurferStitch
10-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Just keep in mind....

A salad at WDW does not necessarily a light lunch make.

The ceasar salad at Sunshine Seasons is excellent, but it's loaded with fatty dressing, parm cheese and croutons. Has as much fat and calories as a cheeseburger and fries. Mmmmmmmm.....but it's oh so good!

The Cobb salad with bacon, cheese, eggs, ranch dressing probably has even more. Again....soooooo good.

The lightest (and one of the best) salads I've had at WDW was at the Plaza Restaurant at the MK (TS, not CS). It's the strawberry chicken salad. It was light, with a balsamic dressing (not low fat, but better than ceasar or ranch), a little gorgonzola cheese, strawberries, and lean chicken breast.

If you want a light salad, ask for no cheese, no bacon, and low fat or fat free dressing if it's available. If not, then you might as well have chicken fingers and fries sometimes....seriously.

MickeyandTink
10-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Another vote for Seasons and Flame tree, there is also a salad at Cosmic Ray's in MK. Really good CS!!

The barbeque chicken salad at Flame tree is really tasty. Did not try the salads at sunshine seasons, but they looked really good. The sandwiches we did get there were among the best of our CS meals.

As for Cosmic Ray's, we loved the entertainment and there is a good fixings bar, but the burgers themselves left much to be desired.

MauiMouse
10-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Another vote for Seasons at The Land pavillion at Epcot. I had the chicken Ceasar Salad last month and it was very good. :thumbsup:

EPCOT84
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Last month I found all the main counter services at all the parks had entree salads and we loved the change. We too often did not want something heavy or fried.

We tried salads at ABC Commissary (Studios), Electric Umbrella (Epcot), Sunshine Seasons (Epcot) Flame Tree (AK), Columbia Harbour House (MK), Cosmic Rays (MK), Liberty Grill ( MK) and yes, Earl of Sandwich (DTD). On some one ordered a hot entree and one the salad and it worked out nicely.

MinnieMommie
10-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Columbia Harbor House in MK and Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. :mickey: