PDA

View Full Version : Living Seas with 2yo

BigRedDad
10-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I was trying to find a place for a dinner at Epcot that would interest my DD2. I was thinking of the Living Seas because you have views of the aquarium. I think that she would enjoy looking at the different fishes. I have never eaten there before.

Anyone have any thoughts?

ElenitaB
10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Coral Reef is a lovely restaurant. I'd say go ahead except you're not guaranteed an aquarium-side table with your ADR.

Since you're looking for a restaurant at Epcot, any chance you could take her to Akershus to dine with the princesses or the Garden Grill to meet Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale? These venues are geared toward children (of all ages ;)) and might be a better choice. (I lived in fear of taking my DS out to eat in a formal setting until he was three or four for fear that he'd disrupt other diners... but that was just me. :blush:)

disneyfan328
10-01-2007, 01:02 PM
We just ate at this restaurant on 9/22. we just got home yesterday :(. Anyway although the tanks are huge if your child is only 2 the only way that they will truly enjoy it is if they are sitting directly at the tank which is a very limited amout of seating. I think that you can ask to wait for a table by the tank, but with a 2 year old who knows how that would go. I will say that the food was FABULOUS!!!. My 2 youngest ate off the kids menu and had the pizza ( one requested no sauce) and they liked it. DH, myself and oldest DD(18) All had the steak and it was fantastic. I would agree that akershus might be a better bet for character interaction to keep your child occupied, however take a good look at the menu before you decide. I don't personally think it looks all that appealing but that's my opionion. Garden grill may be a good choice.

good luck with whatever you decide.

Our waiter Jeff was incredible. Some of the best service of the whole trip. He brought us champagne for our anniversary curtesy of Mickey of course!!! It was a wonderful meal.

BigRedDad
10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I know most restaurants are "kid friendly". This one just seems a little less. The plan is to have dinner at Epcot and watch Illuminations. Rose and Crown would be nice, but dinner would be way too late and we would need to be on the water for it to be worth it. I am going to go with the Garden Grill for the characters.

kbhanda
10-21-2007, 09:21 AM
This is one of the restaurants I highly recommend for a toddler. This past January I took my 22 month old. I have been to the Coral Reef before and have always liked it so made a reservation 180 days out. Wellllll the Living Seas pavillion fast became DD's favorite during the week and when we had dinner there toward the end of the trip this was the one meal DH and I enjoyed without much issues or whining for DD. She ate her fish stew, and pizza. Loved the ice cream sundae and had a ball watching her buddies Sharky and Dude the turtle swimming around!! Plus a few divers as an added bonus. At that age I don't think it matters about sitting at the tank, we had a better view of all the fish sitting on the second level and DD could see the whole tank.

Again, I highly recommend the Coral Reef and even put it into the category of a character experience. You will not go wrong with this one!

LibertyTreeGal
10-21-2007, 11:56 AM
For kiddos, I would say either Biergarten or Garden Grill -- I haven't done Coral Reef so I can't help you there. San Angel is pretty festive as well, but no real entertainment other than the ride.