PDA

View Full Version : DVC Informational Sessions

purplestarlisa
10-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi There,

We are going to WDW in November for our honeymoon. One of the things that I want to do is go to one of the Information Sessions for DVC. I have heard that they offer incentives for attending the sessions - anyone know what those incentives currently are?

What can I expect regarding the session? How long, where, etc?

Thanks for any information you can give me!
Lisa

crazykids
10-01-2007, 10:14 AM
We just got back, they have DVC info booths located at every resort & park. If you tell them you are interested in doing the tour, they will drive you over to Saratoga Springs & bring you back.

We took the tour & it lasted about an hour. It was very pleasant, no pressure. They allowed us to put our 3 kids in the kids club & gave everyone ice cream & took a family picture at the end. They were currently offering $8 credit on Animal Kingdon Villas & $10 credit on Saratoga Springs. They were also giving 500 disney reward dollars if you used the Disney Visa for your downpayment. Lastly, if you chose not to travel until after Jan 2008, you got 2007 AKV points w/ no annual dues.

wendy*darling
10-01-2007, 10:30 AM
You can sign up for a tour of DVC at any of the kiosks in the parks or resorts.
The tour will take place at Saratoga Springs in their sales center. You will sit one on one with a guide and discuss DVC and you will also see sample villas right there in the building.

It takes about an hour or so- if you are pressed for time, you can get done sooner. If you have lots of questions, it might take a tad longer. It's really tailored just for you. You are not sitting in a lecture hall with other families. It's just you and the guide in a very no-pressure situation.

As far as perks go- they can vary. I have heard of fast passes most often. Sometimes there is an incentive if you buy- maybe a point discount or something similar. You'll have to talk with your guide to find out.

It's well worth the time to learn about DVC.
Enjoy! :mickey:

Donald A
10-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Our incentive was fast pass now cards. They didn't work though! I would only do the DVC presentation if you have a genuine interest. Our presentation lasted a few hours but we did buy in and completed all the paperwork there.