PDA

View Full Version : October Healthy Living Club

Carol
10-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Post your diet / excercise / lifestyle questions, concerns, tips and experiences here!

Good Luck, Everyone.

:scale: :bike: :rope: :walk: :hurdle: :trampo:

Tick-Tock
10-01-2007, 04:05 PM
In just three days my fiance and I are headed to WDW to enjoy MNSSHP and the F&W festival. To offset the F&W, we're running the Race for the Taste 10K on Sunday! We've been training for the last two and a half months and have run a 5K race each weekend for the last four weekends. We'll see if we can finish and get our medals!

Beast_fanatic
10-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Good luck with the race, Tick-Tock! Keep an eye out for the INTERCOT logo as DH and I will be there at the same time. Maybe we'll run into each other. :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
10-02-2007, 03:30 AM
I went to my Weight Watchers weigh in on Saturday. I managed to lose that pound and a half I put on last week plus a little more.

I am now at 41.2 pounds lost, with a lot more to go. :blush:

I am officially off of my blood pressure medicine and my heart medicine. The money I am saving on those two medications more than pays for my monthly WW dues.

I am doing well, but can't wait to get into that smaller size of pants... I am between sizes right now. The ones with that "W" on the tag are a little large, The regular sizes are a little snug. It sure is nice to be that close to getting out of the Womans section though!!

TheDuckRocks
10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Angel,I see in your future a trip to the mall for smaller pants very soon! You are doing so well, I'm really proud of you.:thumbsup:
I'm still keeping the weight off so far. Sadly this is harder than I thought it would be. I'm soooooo glad I have gotten rid of all my fat sizes in clothing.....I have to keep the weight down or I'll be in my birthday suit.:bolt:

Here we go again...
10-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Angel,I see in your future a trip to the mall for smaller pants very soon! You are doing so well, I'm really proud of you.:thumbsup:
I'm still keeping the weight off so far. Sadly this is harder than I thought it would be. I'm soooooo glad I have gotten rid of all my fat sizes in clothing.....I have to keep the weight down or I'll be in my birthday suit.:bolt:

:funny::funny::funny:
Please, keep the weight off. :funny:

I have been lucky. My friend joined WW with me and she has always been a size smaller than me. So now, she shops at the stores for smaller clothes, and I shop in her closet when I need smaller clothes!!
I love it! I just got a bunch of clothes Sunday. :D

Tick-Tock
10-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Good luck with the race, Tick-Tock! Keep an eye out for the INTERCOT logo as DH and I will be there at the same time. Maybe we'll run into each other. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm keep my eyes open. Other than the race, we'll probably mostly be found near the F&W booths.:thumbsup:

bleukarma
10-05-2007, 01:10 PM
I am now at 41.2 pounds lost

:congrats:that is such a huge accomplishment!!!!!!!

My best friend and I joined a gym together last week. We've already gone a handful of times and we love it! We actually look forward to working out!! I would jog after work but some not too happy things happened in our neighborhood lately so I decided that the extra money a month is worth it. Even though money is tight I think my safety and health is important. I have a goal of 30 pounds to lose. But, my first goal is conquering the eliptical machine!! It kills me!!!!!

Here we go again...
10-06-2007, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=bleukarma;1439413 I have a goal of 30 pounds to lose. But, my first goal is conquering the eliptical machine!! It kills me!!!!![/QUOTE]
I don't know how anyone can last more than a minute on that thing!! I am not kidding... I lasted ONE minute then got off because my booty was burning so bad. (I guess that means that my booty really needs it) I have not tried to get back on. :blush:

I did go to my weigh in today.....
I lost another 1.4 pounds!!! I am now at 42.6 :cloud9:
I still can't believe that I am sticking with it. Some days it is hard... I have spent many nights in pain wanting to do what I always did in the past... eat until I feel better.

bleukarma, make sure you and your friend hold each other accountable! The biggest reason that I have done so well is that my friend and I will not let each other slack. If one does not want to go to the gym, the other MAKES them. It has worked for us, and we have received many compliments from others at the gym about our "dedication". If only they knew....

Tick-Tock
10-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Well, I'm glad to report that my fiance and I finished the Race for the Taste and were awarded our medals! Our times were nothing to be proud of, but I am proud that we set the goal and we accomplished it! And as you'd expect, WDW did a good job handling the event.

bleukarma
10-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Well, I'm glad to report that my fiance and I finished the Race for the Taste and were awarded our medals! Our times were nothing to be proud of, but I am proud that we set the goal and we accomplished it! And as you'd expect, WDW did a good job handling the event.

Congrats on finishing!!!!!!!!! :mickey:

I'm happy to say that yesterday I did 10 whole minutes on the stupid elliptical machine!! Yay!!! My friend can do longer, but I hate that machine!!!

disneydrmr
10-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Congrats to all on your successes at racing, weight loss and conguering the elliptical machine! I"m looking for a weight loss 'buddy'. I really need someone that will hold me accountable. I need to lose about 20 - 30 lbs in order to get my cholesterol in check and reduce my risk of heart disease and such. I can not afford to join WW or any other group or even a gym.. so I"m trying to do this all on my own and it's so hard. If anyone is willing to be my 'buddy' in this, please pm me... in turn I promise to offer my support and accountability to you!

bleukarma
10-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Congrats to all on your successes at racing, weight loss and conguering the elliptical machine! I"m looking for a weight loss 'buddy'. I really need someone that will hold me accountable. I need to lose about 20 - 30 lbs in order to get my cholesterol in check and reduce my risk of heart disease and such. I can not afford to join WW or any other group or even a gym.. so I"m trying to do this all on my own and it's so hard. If anyone is willing to be my 'buddy' in this, please pm me... in turn I promise to offer my support and accountability to you!

Awww...its too bad I still don't live in Cincinnati, I'd totally be your buddy!
But I know, on days that my best friend can't make it I find myself not going, even though I could go without her. It's hard on your own. You just have to put your mind to it!! Good luck!!!

TheDuckRocks
10-15-2007, 11:43 AM

That's what we all here for! Welcome to the group.
You might want to do a Google search for weight loss programs there are a bunch of them out there and many of them are free. A site that I have recently found is hungry-girl, many good ideas and she has a daily newsletter that you can sign up for.
Good luck and come back often and let us know how you're doing.

Up-date on me: I gained 2.5 pounds back on by a binge of stress overeating but at Saturday's Weight Watcher weigh-in had lost it and am back at goal wight. I have been telling myself over and over I've been able to do this so far, I can keep it up!

Here we go again...
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm happy to say that yesterday I did 10 whole minutes on the stupid elliptical machine!! Yay!!! My friend can do longer, but I hate that machine!!!
I don't know how you did 10 minutes! That is a torture device!! I am only up to 5 minutes... but I can blame my knee. :blush:

disneydrmr,
We are all in the same boat here. We all need to lose weight and many of us have have the same problems with the funds. I found a local therapy program that offers a wellness program and cut out on a few things to be able to pay for it. They have a pool which has been a life saver for me.

Keep in mind that the weight you lose will save you lots of money in the long run. I am now off of my heart medicine and blood pressure medicine due to the weight loss. Those two medications alone pay for the wellness program AND Weight Watchers.

Did you know that you can walk into a Weight Watchers meeting and purchase the books without joining? Right now there is no registration fee so you could go for 1 meeting (cost $12) and get the starting materials. Those materials show you how to start the program. They tell you how many points per day you can eat in order to lose weight.
The books that show points values will have to be purchased for about $10. It is worth the investment.

You just have to learn to eat foods that are high in fiber and low in fats. Avoid fat free things because they usually do not have fiber and can put pounds on in the long run. Look for Weight Watchers foods in the supermarket. The meals are portion controled... that was my problem... I did not know what a portion size was. Now that I know, I am losing weight.

Good luck!! And remember, now you have to post your weekly weight loss (or gain). We all have weeks where we gain a little. Do not get discouraged when this happens. You just need to look back at what you did that week and fix the problem.

Here we go again...
10-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Up-date on me: I gained 2.5 pounds back on by a binge of stress overeating but at Saturday's Weight Watcher weigh-in had lost it and am back at goal wight. I have been telling myself over and over I've been able to do this so far, I can keep it up!

Kay, I am proud of you. I know how long and hard you fought for this weight loss. Keep it up!!
I did a little stress binge eating of my own last night after dad told us his cancer is back. I have 4 days 'till weigh in... hopefully I can work hard enough to lose this week.

TheDuckRocks
10-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Angel, I want to let you know your dad and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

cal5755
10-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Congrats to everyone on losing weight and running at WDW.

ANGEL your dad will be added to our prayers tonight.

I will keep popping in.. someday when I am ready to start losing weight I will sure post here for support!! I have to lose about 80 lbs.... I just do not have the will to do so yet. I think the last time I tried it lasted about 2 days.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Beast_fanatic
10-19-2007, 10:46 PM
My weight was down a bit before my 10-day WDW trip including the Disney Dining Plan. When I came back, I was up 3 1/2 pounds from there. :blush: But, I'm back under control now, and now only up 1 pound (which puts me back at about the same place that I was last month when I reported in).

My advice for anyone dieting that is going to WDW soon is to avoid the Disney Dining Plan! I had no self-control at all. Thankfully, the walking did help, but not enough!

Here we go again...
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
I went to WW yesterday for my weigh in. I was very worried because I ate well in Disney World. I even splurged on a brownie at the Illuminations viewing and I have not done that in a long time.

I am happy to say that I lost another 1.6 pounds!!! I am now down 45.6 pounds and have officially lost the "W" behind my pants size. I gave away all of my clothes that were loose on me so there is no where to go but down now! :cloud9:

Here we go again...
10-21-2007, 10:35 PM
My weight was down a bit before my 10-day WDW trip including the Disney Dining Plan. When I came back, I was up 3 1/2 pounds from there. :blush: But, I'm back under control now, and now only up 1 pound (which puts me back at about the same place that I was last month when I reported in).

My advice for anyone dieting that is going to WDW soon is to avoid the Disney Dining Plan! I had no self-control at all. Thankfully, the walking did help, but not enough!

Rhonda,
There is no way I could have done the dining plan and NOT gained weight. I am proud of you for only gaining 3 pounds in 10 days!
We did not do the dining plan this trip for the reason you mentioned. I have no self control... If the appetizer and dessert come with the meal I would feel obligated to order and eat it because we paid for it. We ate at the same places we usually eat while we are on the dining plan but I made much healthier choices. Trust me, I would have never split a meal or ordered a salad if we were on the dining plan!
Congratulations on getting back on track. :mickey:

IloveDisney71
10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
This is a great post! 3 years ago, I lost 40 pounds and gave away all of my "fat" clothes. Well, I've slowly put back 10 of those pounds and can't fit into a lot of my pants. So I just joined Weight Watchers two weeks ago and have already lost 4 1/2 pounds. I want to lose 24 more pounds. I've got to get back into my exercise routine and dust off my treadmill. :) The good news is that today I pulled out my favorite pair of "skinny" jeans and they fit! I was so excited. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm not having any trouble following the W.W. diet plan, because I get to eat real food - I just have to watch my portions. My family is even enjoying the food I'm preparing. So it's good for everyone.
I'm a little concerned about going to Disney in December on the dining plan. I know I'll do a lot of walking, but I plan on walking early in the morning too on the path between the Poly aned GF. I'm hoping that will help burn off some of those extra calories I will be treating myself too! :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
I was down 1/2 pound at WW on Saturday. I am so glad to know that even if I gain a little bit back I still have the ablity to get back on track and get it back off.
Angel, :thumbsup: on lossing the "w".
I'm currently planning on losing 10 pounds more than my WW goal (with my doctors blessing), as Jan. is rapidly approaching with our trip to WDW and the Disney cruise when we leave there. I do plan on having what I want to eat during that time. Not just huge amounts of it. Once again I can't say enough good things about Weight Watchers, learning portion control has truely changed my life.

ElenitaB
10-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Hey all! First of all, congrats to all of you for setting a goal and sticking to your guns! :thumbsup:

I have a LOT to lose but am determined to do so. I've tried so many programs out there but decided that I needed to return to Jenny Craig. I had success with them in the past and right now I don't have the time to plan and cook. I'm so busy taking care of work and my DS, that I don't get time to take care of me... so Jenny's taking care of me now. :blush:

I've lost 6 pounds this month... not a huge amount and it would have been more, had I not lapsed into a week of emotional eating due to the loss of a friend. :( But as I told my JC counselor this morning, it's time to turn the corner because my friend wouldn't have wanted me to gain weight on her account (she was a terribly sweet person and will be sorely missed by all who knew her). So I'm sitting here drinking my water and I'm toasting to all of us for another healthy month, full of abundant reasons to give thanks.

P.S. Angel looks FANTASTIC and is my hero!

TheDuckRocks
10-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Ellen, first of all let me say I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
I'm so glad to see that you are back here with us. 6 pounds in a month is wonderful!:hug:
I'm back up by 2 pounds this week after a 3 pound loss. Boy, this maintance is harder than the initial 70 pounds ever was.:mad: