PDA

View Full Version : Best creme brulee

epceddie
09-30-2007, 11:14 PM
My financee and I love creme brulee. She loves the banana creme brulee at the Kona Cafe at the Poly. I love the pistachio creme brulee at Jiko.
Anybody have any other favorites?

Here we go again...
09-30-2007, 11:17 PM
I did not think I would like the Maple Brulee at LeCellier, but it was delicious.
The last time we went they had a sampler with the maple and another flavor. I do not remember what it was. I was a little bummed out because I wanted just the maple... and lots of it. :tasty:

IloveDisney71
09-30-2007, 11:19 PM
My favorite is the Maple Creme Brulee at LeCellier. I get it every time I go there. Yum!:D

Polynesian Dweller
09-30-2007, 11:35 PM
There are several good ones but have to agree that the Maple Brulee at Le Cellier is the top one at WDW. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
10-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Another vote for Le Cellier - my DD loved both flavors so much that she wouldn't share - even after I reminded her of those 9 months of pregnancy, 20 hrs of labor, and 12 years of tender loving care. :D

Natazu
10-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Key Lime at Narcoossee's according to my resident Crème Brûlée expert

mouseketeer mom
10-01-2007, 06:20 AM

Oh my gosh, that sounds soo good! I haven't even had it and I want to vote for it! But out of all the creme brulees we've sampled in the world, Le Cellier has been our fave.

SBETigg
10-01-2007, 06:27 AM
I love creme brulee but I was disappointed with most of the ones that I tried at WDW, including the one at Kona and at Le Cellier. If you're looking for a good, traditional creme brulee, you may have a hard time finding it at WDW. The restaurants all seem too fond of giving the creme a twist, and banana, key lime, and maple all may be good, but it's not the creme brulee I was looking for. Le Cellier came closest with theirs, but maybe there's a nice one out there that I missed.

SurferStitch
10-01-2007, 07:00 AM

DH loves that one. He also loves any Crème Brûlée they have at V&A.

magicman
10-01-2007, 09:41 AM
The last time we were at Le Cellier, they had a divided dish with Maple on one side and Vanilla on the other. I thought the Maple was the best tasting Crème Brûlée that I had ever tasted.:tasty:

BugeyedMuggy
10-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Just for the atmosphere outside the bakery in France at the little bistro tables with the little birds scurrying around it seems the creme brulee tasts wonderful with a nice glass of french wine :cloud9:

sagessa
10-01-2007, 10:14 AM

Jym's right. I'd eat it every day if I could! :tasty:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I'll vote for the Maple at Le Cellier...even their vanilla was rather good! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
10-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Just for the atmosphere outside the bakery in France at the little bistro tables with the little birds scurrying around it seems the creme brulee tasts wonderful with a nice glass of french wine :cloud9:
Ooooh, I didn't know they had crème brûlée at the Boulangerie Patisserie. :cloud9:

I was going to suggest going to the source: a dish originating in France at either Chef de France or the Bistro. The crème brûlée I had there for lunch one day a few years ago was the best I've ever had.

Mickey'sGirl
10-01-2007, 12:38 PM
I did not think I would like the Maple Brulee at LeCellier, but it was delicious.
The last time we went they had a sampler with the maple and another flavor. I do not remember what it was. I was a little bummed out because I wanted just the maple... and lots of it. :tasty:
Same here! I cannot stand Maple as a flavour -- but it was quite good at Le Cellier!

I am looking forward to trying the Creme Brulee at The Brown Derby next Monday! :tasty: .

Figgyluv03
10-01-2007, 01:01 PM
This is such a great thread for me. I tried Creme Brulee for the first time last year (not at Disney though) and I love it, so I've been looking at the menus to see where we are going to eat, based on who has Creme Brulee. (well, and what restruants look appealing to my picky nature).

Mickey'sGirl
10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
This is such a great thread for me. I tried Creme Brulee for the first time last year (not at Disney though) and I love it, so I've been looking at the menus to see where we are going to eat, based on who has Creme Brulee. (well, and what restruants look appealing to my picky nature).
There's a great sampler at Puck's in Downtown Disney. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MsMin
10-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I loved the Key Lime when it was served at CRT in 04 (before the change) I was surprised b/c it doesn't sound like a tasty combination.
I loved the pistachio at Tony's - the main reason I went there and wasn't disappointed.
If anyone noticed in September I posted the recipe for a lemon Brulee in the cooking post in the water cooler. It's the recipe from the Dolphin. I'm tempted to substitute the lime for the lemon. I have a tree full of limes waiting to be picked too:D

GreenBeetle
10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Best creme brulee?? On the Disney Wonder cruise!! :yay: Yummmmmm!

tinksmom02
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM

I loved this, too, and was a lot bummed last week to discover that they don't offer the sampler during lunch anymore (or at least they didn't last Friday!)...I had to "settle" for the plain old brulee...

poeticeclipse
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Le Cellier! My hubby got the creme brulee there and I got the chocolate cake. Boy did I regret not getting what my husband did. It was amazing!

KarenP
10-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I had the creme brulee years ago at Californas Grill and it was excellent. I am not sure it is any the menu any longer though.

epceddie
10-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Excellent! Thanks for all the input. These discussion boards are incredible!

dolphinmickey9170
10-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Another vote for LeCellier, maple and vanilla!! DH loves them too!