PDA

View Full Version : Missing Hidden Mickey?

garthbarth1
09-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone...we just got back from our 5 year anniversary trip which was fabulous!! We arrived and rode the Haunted Mansion on Wed...and saw the Hidden Mickey on the banquet table.(bottom left corner of the table-same place I read about it in the Hidden Mickeys Book) When we went Friday night during the MNSSHP-one of the saucers to form the hidden Mickey was gone! We rode this ride twice and both my husband and I noticed it was missing. I scanned the rest of the banquet table to make sure that it wasnt somewhere else, but I could have missed it. Anyone else who was there this past week/weekend notice this? Just curious if maybe they move things around on us to keep us on our toes? :mickey:

cfoshe
09-30-2007, 09:00 PM
my understanding is that there is not to be a hidden mickey on the table. some CM arrange the plates to create one, but during resetting of the sences it is removed, until CM puts it back.

DizneyRox
09-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Correct, I have heard it is not an "official" Hidden Mickey, so it all depends on the CMs working. What I don't understand is why they don't just screw everything down to the table like they do in the queues.

WDWfanatic742
09-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Weird, I thought that the Imagineers just left it alone and made it into a Hidden Mickey after the refurb. Guess that's not the case...

garthbarth1
09-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks for all the info, that explains it! I will have to look next time and see what happens! I thought it was an official one because I read it in the hidden mickeys book but you never know!

Diznee4Me
10-01-2007, 08:09 AM
I've also been on trips where one day it is there and the next day it is not. It is a great hidden Mickey though!:thumbsup:

JPL
10-01-2007, 08:44 AM
This seems to be a great battle between CMs and Imagineers on this one muc h like the letters on ToT. It was never intended to be there so it is removed when caught by someone higher up.

Fantasmic
10-01-2007, 08:44 AM
What I don't understand is why they don't just screw everything down to the table like they do in the queues.

Because there's no guests walking through that area who would possibly steal the props.

crltkcagle
10-01-2007, 09:19 AM
same for us one day it was there next day it wasn't. depends on the cm's working that day and how crafty they are.

DizneyRox
10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
What I don't understand is why they don't just screw everything down to the table like they do in the queues.
Because there's no guests walking through that area who would possibly steal the props.
Strange, according to Disney, 90% of "shrink" is caused by CMs.

Jeff G
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
I noticed this the past week myself. We rode the HM earlier in the week and my DD pointed out the hidden Mickey on the table. On Staurday we rode the HM again and noticed it was gone so we re-rode it to make sure we didn't miss it.

A non-related note, the refurbishment is awesome!

Figgyluv03
10-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Like someone had said before, it's an on going battle between imagineers and CMs. I think the imagineers should just give up on this and just leave it as a Hidden Mickey. Everyone knows it's there, so why not just give in.

DizneyRox
10-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Like someone had said before, it's an on going battle between imagineers and CMs. I think the imagineers should just give up on this and just leave it as a Hidden Mickey. Everyone knows it's there, so why not just give in.
Because they are the most creative people in the world, and if they don't think it should be there, it shouldn't.
</sarcasm>

I have my thoughts on this. When working at TDS, you are very much in a classed system, with the Imagineers at the very top. I would suspect they don't like people messing with their creations, especially some minimum wage "punk".

Or something to that effect...

WDWdriver
10-01-2007, 03:03 PM
The Imagineers don't come around all that often, so the dining table hidden Mickey is more like a running joke between the attraction managers and the working CMs. Managers take it away and CMs put it back almost on a daily basis. Not long ago, while on a tour of the attraction with other CMs, I actually got to enter the room and move the dishes around to the hidden Mickey configuration myself. What a treat!

tinksmom02
10-01-2007, 09:36 PM
We were on HM last Wednesday, and one fo the few times I could get Jenna to uncover her eyes for the whole ride was to show her the Hidden Mickey on the table.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-02-2007, 04:22 PM
This seems to be a great battle between CMs and Imagineers on this one muc h like the letters on ToT. It was never intended to be there so it is removed when caught by someone higher up.

Whats the deal with the letters on ToT?

Chris :hatter:

crazeedizneefinatic
10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Glad someone else noticed it! We were there last week also and noticed the same thing. We thought it was just us.

kbean
10-11-2007, 09:59 AM
As of 10/10, it's still missing. There are three plates, but their not close enuf.

chamonix
10-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Ahem. I thought the reason the hidden mickey appears and disappears is because it is not "officially" supposed to be there, so Disney removes it whenever it appears...and the ghosts keep putting it back. :secret: