PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYONE like Stitch?

clou1028
09-30-2007, 02:09 PM
I keep reading negative opinions of Stitch. I absolutely *loved* Alien Encounter, it was one of my most favorite attractions. I got to see one last time shortly before the rehab, I was sad to know it was going.

But, I had high hopes for Stitch. IMHO, Lilo and Stich is the best Disney animated movie since Beauty and the Beast. And I think Stitch is a lovable character. So I am bummed to see so many negative reviews of it. Of course, it won't stop me from trying it or enjoying it, I like a lot of other attractions that other people don't seem to enjoy.

So does anyone out there like it? Or love it?

CandleontheWater
09-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Not me! Ha ha, But I also loved AE, and in general I really don't like Stitch. I especially don't like him waking me up in the morning, but thats a different thread entirely.

chicade88
09-30-2007, 02:29 PM
I also LOVED Alien Encounter and was sad to see it go. However, I do like Stitch and still don't understand what everyone has such a problem with it. I think it's a cute, fun show and should be taken that way. I guess I just don't get the Stitch animosity?

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Yeah. We like Stitch. I don't know that it is a must do, but all and all, we like it.

d_m_n_n
09-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah. We like Stitch. I don't know that it is a must do, but all and all, we like it.

That's about like us. If there isn't a line we might hop in, but we don't make a terrible effort to include it. I guess the first time we were a little disappointed, but hey that happens. I know we can't be "wowed" at every attraction.

Now, AE, I am too much of a chicken! Never saw it...:blush:

ariel03
09-30-2007, 02:41 PM
I loved Alien Encounter but find Stitch ok as DH loves the Stitch movies.
I hate the chili burp and could do without that in my day.:sick:

JPL
09-30-2007, 02:42 PM
I for one can't stand Stitch and wish he would escape into another galaxy. Now the would be a really Great Escape :thumbsup: I just think AE was a much better attraction and Stitch was a very unimaginative retro fit of the attraction to capitalize on the marketing craze Stitch was at the time of the change over. I don't buy for a minute it had anything to do with AE being to frightening for children since other attraction are frightening to children ie. HISTA and ITTBAB and those have not changed for the same reason or even been toned down at all.

brianlw71
09-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Bad character, bad movie.

crltkcagle
09-30-2007, 03:07 PM
On our last trip I had to wait outside with my youngest so I did not get to experience it. But from what my 6 year old and 4 year old tell me they didn't like it because it was too scary. DH said it was just plain dumb. I wanted to go and check it out but time never allowed. I like stitch the character but don't know anything about the attraction.

jrpersinger
09-30-2007, 03:23 PM
I didn't like AE! But I enjoyed Stich (other then the chilldog!). It isn't a ride I would go out of my way to ride, but my 5 year old thinks its a must ride! And she has to go on several times a trip.

However, I think they could do something better with Stich. I love Lilo and Stich and to me, I just don't think the ride does them justice.

mickey&missy
09-30-2007, 04:08 PM
IHowever, I think they could do something better with Stich. I love Lilo and Stich and to me, I just don't think the ride does them justice.

:thumbsup:

Exactly what I think! It, to me, is stupid! They could have done something a lot better with Lilo and Stitch!

Melanie
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
My 7 year old loves Stitch and the attraction, and that's all that's important to me. :stitch:

Gottaluvgoof
09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
I like Stitch, I just don't like the ride. We had a group of 18 when we rode it, and there wasn't a single person who liked it. I really do think that chili dog burp was the biggest complaint, but also there were complaints of it being uncomfortable.

IloveDisney71
09-30-2007, 08:29 PM
It's okay. I think it's much tamer than AI. That attraction scared my youngest DD so bad that she never went back on it. I really liked AI but can see how it would be disturbing to young children and even some older children and adults.
I've seen Stitch twice and I'll probably see it again. I won't go out of my way to see it but if I have time I will probably go on it.

Dsnygirl
09-30-2007, 08:33 PM
:stitch2: :stitch: I LOVE Stitch!! :stitch: :stitch2: I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie and fell for him when I saw it -- hadn't really thought I'd like him, as he's always portrayed as such a monster -- and he's actually so cute!! So, you're not alone!! :)

WDWfanatic742
09-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I saw the show on my last trip for the second time and that was only because I was with a few friend's who hadn't been on it before. What I remember most about the experience was the lack of effects at time during the show. You would hear him laughing or such, but that was it. I remember Alien Encounter and how it grabbed your attention and didn't let go of it until the very end of the show. Stitch's Great Escape just doesn't do that for me.

Iluvpooh
09-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I had heard really bad things about this ride before I rode it last year. I thought- what the heck-I love Stitch and some people are kind of snobby about new rides so I thoguht I would try it out. That fake smoke smell gave me the worst headache-I had to leave the park. So I will never ride it again.
IF you haven't ridden it, try it out. You should try everything once, but I doubt that you'll ride it again. It is not very good.

GrumpyFan
09-30-2007, 10:47 PM
We were disappointed with it. We've seen it once and probably won't see it again for quite a while. Plus, it just doesn't fit with the Lilo & Stitch story after Disney made it into a tv show, I mean, isn't Stitch good now? Why couldn't they have incorporated the attraction with the ongoing story and made it where you help Lilo & Stitch capture one of his cousins?

SurferStitch
10-01-2007, 06:42 AM
:tikki::stitch:I LOVE STITCH!!! :stitch::tikki:

He's my very favorite Disney character, and the movie is my favorite Disney movie. The first time we saw it in the theater (saw it 3 times in the theater), he immediately reminded me of our 5 month old Cairn Terrier (now almost 6 years old), so that really made me fall in love with him.

I also love the attraction. It could use more Stitch in it (like perhaps another animatronic figure on a wall that you see while he's causing havoc), but overall I never miss experiencing SGE every time we're at MK, and we get there many times in a 10 or 12 day trip. It's my first thing on our very first day at WDW, and it's also the last thing we do on our last day.

As far as smells in SGE....the chili dog smell disappears in seconds (and it really does smell like a chili dog), and the smoke is the same smoke they use in every other ride that has smoke. I would rather smell the canned scents at SGE instead of the musty odors at some older WDW rides/attractions.

It's just a fun attraction. I think sometimes people tend to over analyze it, and love to tear it apart. Then again, two rides that are considered classics (SE and IASW) are at the very bottom of my list, so go figure.

DizneyRox
10-01-2007, 07:14 AM
The character is great, one of my favorites, but the ride?

Well, I've done it once, still looking to make up for the wasted time. I sat through it a second time, hoping that I missed something. Sadly, I know I'll never get that time back, maybe I can use it as a bargaining chip when I die.

kbean
10-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Only in a plush toy do I like Stitch.

Rodders
10-01-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm frequently in the minority and this is no exception. I love the character, the movie and the WDW attraction. I find it fun and to me it fits in with the location perfectly.

Having said that, I totally understand peoples criticisms of the attraction.

ncscgirl2005
10-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I hate the chili burp and could do without that in my day.:sick:

Yuck....:sick: That Chili Burp was mighty disguisting. That would be the main reason why I don't get on this ride again. Has anyone smelled that same exact smell crossing the bridge to Adventureland. DD and I held our breath everytime we crossed that bridge.

Darbylew
10-01-2007, 09:56 AM
The stitch show is ok but if we skipped it then
it would be ok, I didn't care for the AE when it
was there either. I do like stitch as a plush toy.
My granddaughter loves him and has him in all
sizes that they sell. :mickey:

McGoofy
10-01-2007, 10:08 AM
The family that I represent has 2 different opinions. We rode it for the first time during the passholder preview of the ride back in November 2004. For my husband and I, it was "been there, done that, got the trading pin, and not going back again." We did not like it at all. For me, I did not like the claustrophobic feeling of being strapped in the dark with Stitch running around me. I especially did not like the nasty burp in my face. However, my son was 6 years old at the time and loved it. Every time we go back, he wants to ride it again. DH and I walk him to the entrance and then we wait patiently at the exit--sometimes with an ice cream from the shop that is right there at the exit!

#1donaldfan
10-01-2007, 12:19 PM
We like stitch....it's kinda short, but nevertheless we like it very well......the kids get a kick out of him jumping around and breathing on you.......it's fun....

Disneyatic
10-01-2007, 12:24 PM
We rode it once on our very first trip and I was not super impressed.
On our last trip we decided to try it again and I liked it! We sat in the very back row in the middle of the aisle. We rode it again the next day and sat in a different area and the effects werent' as good and it wasn't as fun.
So I came to the conclusion that the experience is different depending on where you sit!

It was more fun than I had remembered it and we will go on it again in the future but will be sure to sit in the middle of the aisle again!

Figgyluv03
10-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm not obsessed with him, but he does remind me of my boyfriend. I've gotten him a couple of different stich stuffed animals when I working at the Disney store.

Disney Doll
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM
If you are a 5-10 year old boy you will probably like stitch. If not, you should try it once so you can form your own opinion.

Marker
10-02-2007, 09:19 AM
My 7 year old loves Stitch and the attraction, and that's all that's important to me. :stitch:

For me, that about says it all!!!!

ibrowse17
10-02-2007, 10:01 AM
No, not really.

disneydrmr
10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Stitch :stitch::stitch2:and really loved the attraction! It's a cute show... yes, Disney could've done more with it! Maybe have it like someone else suggested be more of a Lilo and Stitch show/attraction where they are trying to capture the cousins and so it would be the cousins bouncing around on you and wreaking havoc as Stitch chased them.. that would take any 'scary' aspect out of it and would bring some fun into it.. but as is.. it's still an attraction that I will visit every chance I get! :stitch::stitch2:

Dixie Springs
10-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Stitch is definitely a love or hate character. I fall into the latter category.

Probably what compounds the situation is that Disney was/is shoving this thing at us everywhere - the annual report, a full attraction, a TV show, lurking on the bus posters, even including him on a souvenier photo frame with Disney's dogs. He must bring in the cash, but I don't get it. I'd say it's because I'm older, but my kids hate him too!

Tink65
10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Stitch is one of those things that everyone should experience at least once. As for me, I do not like Stitch. I will only go if I am taking someone that has never gone before and have to go with them.:ack:

LoriMistress
10-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I really wanted to go on AE, but it was closed during our last visit in 2003. DH and I cannot stand Stitch, and we'll go on the new attraction once just to experience the hatred.:cool:

cal5755
10-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I loved AI!! That was awesome. Stitch is ok. It is cute and something the kids can do... where AI was too intense for everyone to enjoy. Mom does not like the shoulder bars.. we wont be going on it during our November trip. It is only something I will do with the kids.

SurferStitch
10-03-2007, 06:34 AM
DH and I cannot stand Stitch, and we'll go on the new attraction once just to experience the hatred.:cool:

Nice. Now THAT'S a great reason to experience something at WDW. :thumbsup:

Sounds like it doesn't stand a chance since you already hate it before you've tried it.

I've seen the word "hate" used a lot in this thread. How can people hate something like an attraction or a character? I don't have time to waste energy on hating things.

darthmacho
10-03-2007, 12:12 PM
My thoughts:

1. I loved Alien Encounter, the second attraction I ever experienced in all of WDW after Space Mountain. I loved the pre-show too.

2. I haven't been to WDW since 2003, and thus haven't tried Stitch's Great Escape. I'm looking forward to it, but fear that I'll be comparing it to AE. I'll do it with my kids, who will likely find it funny, so that will help.

3. I loved the movie, Lilo and Stitch, and admit that I also like the t.v. show! I think Stitch is a pretty cool character.

4. Given a choice, I prefer my wake up call from Mickey Mouse. :mickey:

chrisb26
10-04-2007, 12:30 AM
I'll put it this way If I had never ridden Alien Encounter I would probably like Stitch alot more then I do now. I thought AE was awesome and really wish they wouldn't have switched it out for Stitch. I do like Stitch it just can't compare with AE.

Sweezy
10-04-2007, 12:48 AM
i always enjoyed Alien Encounter...it was something original/creative/interesting. The stitch remodel was a MAJOR step backwards for a number of reasons. Every single ride cannot be themed after disney characters and meant to market their franchises. The bodily functions theme is abhorrent. whats next, some crazy movie/disney channel tie-in for space mountain?

pennsy22
10-08-2007, 05:27 AM
We like Stitch but not enough that we ride it every time. I can't believe how many people have problems with the chili dog!:confused: I can't stand Star Tours and I'm one of the biggest Star Wars fans on the planet. The mere smell of hydraulic fluid :sick: makes me :ack:!

Goofster
10-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, my DW wanted to ride it during our trip last month, but I kept saying...everyone on Intercot seems to hate it, so we shouldn't waste our time. As it ended up, we had 30-minutes to kill before our FP for Space Mtn. could be used, so we debated between the Laugh Factory and Stitch. We went with Stitch because there was no wait. Needless to say....we loved it! :thumbsup: We thought it cute and funny and very 'Stitch'. I did really like AE, but it was terrifying for small children (everytime I rode it children were screaming for their parents). Anyways, I enjoyed it and will probably ride it again.

dumbo ears
10-08-2007, 03:48 PM
The first time I saw the show I liked it but every time I see it now its just annoying and stupid. So my overall opinion is I dont like it.

TheRustyScupper
10-08-2007, 05:16 PM
. . . I love a stitch in time saves nine
. . . I love a good chain-stitch or cross-stitch
. . . I love to be in stitches from a good joke
. . . I love it when a stitch holds a skin cut together

. . . However, I don't care for the cartoon character Stitch.

kbean
10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
We went yesterday and my GF kids loved stitch. Actually one was scared and started crying, and the other loved it. I guess as long as the kids like it. Us grown ups will always have Carousal of Progress.

mermaidmarian
10-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Okay - I admit to warming up tp Stitch. I panned it royally after riding it shortly after the switch from AE. I still find the chilidog burp unnecessarily disgusting (although, I am not a 9 year old boy) and I too find the seats varying from uncomfortable to downright painful. But I am starting to feel more friendly toward Stitch as a character and during our trip this past August, DS (9) and I went in (no line - I still wouldn't wait in a line for SGE) and we were both laughing and making yak noises on the way out. So I guess that is a tepid thumbs up.

Mickeylover71
10-11-2007, 11:25 AM
I remember Alien Encounter and it scared me really bad--it was so intense though...But with Stitch, I definitely want to see it--sounds a bit tamer.

I love Disney for what they're doing with all the movie tie ins :)

KAJUNKING
10-11-2007, 11:35 AM
i love the stitch character, im kind of take it or leave it on the ride, if one of the kids wants to go on it i dont mind

big blue and hairy
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I really like Stitch the character. I really like Lilo & Stitch. I even find the wakeup call funny. I don't like Stitch's Great Escape. Not only is it jammed into an old attraction, they screw up continuity. The escape is supposed to happen before he went to Earth. In that case, 626 has not even heard the name Stitch yet, so how can he call himself that? WDW could have done them more justice.

:sulley:

Taja
10-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Definitely try it if you've never experience it.

Never experienced AE, so I can't compare them.

Do NOT like SGE. It's loud, obnoxious and that shoulder restraint is completely unnecessary and miserably uncomfortable!

I'll suffer through it in December, as we'll have two first-timers with us. Three if you count the baby, but he probably won't be too fussed one way or the other. He'll be 3.5 months old! :)

DisFan01
10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
:stitch:To me, Stitch is one of the best characters, with one of the worst rides at Disney. Trying not to be negative, but that ride was really a waist of Disney's money, but I still love Stitch and his movies!

DisneyTwirler13!
10-11-2007, 04:54 PM
i thought the ride was just ok
my younger brother, who's 10, absoultly loves it, but i don't see what the big deal is
i think it's one of those rides that u go on once

RSGBSG2002
10-12-2007, 08:42 AM
I think it's cute. The jokes are witty and the chili dog burp always makes me giggle a little. :blush:

I thought Alien Encounter was a lot more realistic but it didn't feel right in the Magic Kingdom, in my opinion. Too frightening for the park's overall family-friendly level. It would have been better suited for the Studios. I think it meshes well now.

JuicyMoose17
10-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I never saw that movie. i guess i should get on that.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I keep reading negative opinions of Stitch. I absolutely *loved* Alien Encounter, it was one of my most favorite attractions. I got to see one last time shortly before the rehab, I was sad to know it was going.

But, I had high hopes for Stitch. IMHO, Lilo and Stich is the best Disney animated movie since Beauty and the Beast. And I think Stitch is a lovable character. So I am bummed to see so many negative reviews of it. Of course, it won't stop me from trying it or enjoying it, I like a lot of other attractions that other people don't seem to enjoy.

So does anyone out there like it? Or love it?:D While Not my favorite, I thought it was quite cute. It is more kid friendly than Alien Encounter, maybe that's why some adults don't care for it because it is not the scary thrill adventure as before, but just more of a fun adventure.

WDWFREAK101
10-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I liked AE and i am probably one of the BIGGEST stitch fans who have ever lived! lol. I decided to check this ride out because

1. It has the word stitch in it. (That is all i need to be convinced lol.)

2. I liked AE

so i decided to check it out. I walked in with an open mind, I walked out annoyed, dissapointed and felt a little nauseous. I started feeling that when i walked into the second room with the robot and skippy. THE SAME EXACT CHARACTERS FROM ALIEN ENCOUTNER!! I felt that Disney could have done something with Stitch characters. Anyway, i get in to the actual ride and as soon as i sat down i knew it would be a struggle to like this ride. The harness came down on me HARD! It hurt my back. The lights went down.... (Oh boy.:sad:) I couldn't even hear the ride audio because of all the kids screaming. Stitch jumped on my back, burped in my face and basicaly humiliated me. Then for no reason, Stitch just jumps back into the teleporter for no reason. (I guess he got tired of burping and causing pain and downright fear to the younger audiences) Then the ride is over. THAT IS IT!! I almost warned everybody waiting in the que to ride something else. I felt nauseous the rest of the day all thanks to the little terror. Stitch needed to be more firendly friendly and to appeal to all audiences. When the ride first came out, the height required was little because Disney thought that it would be a kid ride. Boy were they wrong. About 3 months later they height had risen! Jeez. Anyway, long story short, i was just like you, i felt curious about going on it but like it says Curiosity killed the cat, or in this case, killed the magic in our disney trip and left me to take a nap in my hotel. DO NOT GO ON THIS!!! I am doing you a favor! You will thank me for this!

Figment1988
10-26-2007, 10:22 PM
i do. even the ride's good. to me stitch is sort of like the bart simpson of disney. he might be a mischevious character, but he is really popular

ASweetLov
10-26-2007, 10:59 PM
I liked Stitch. I think the only thing out of that attraction that I didnt like was those things that go over your head and press down on your shoulders because it ended up pressing too much on my shoulders and my friends and it ended up hurting us.

SurferStitch
10-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Again, I will stress....

The harnesses are EXACTLY the same as AE. If they didn't bother you then, they shouldn't bother you now. Follow the directions given, and you will have NO problems with the restraints.

Not trying to be picky here, but this one point kinda grates on me.

kimommy63
10-27-2007, 03:54 AM
I loved Lilo and Stitch the movie, but not a big fan of the ride. I agree with the other posters that they really could have done a lot more with it. It's kind of flat. My son (who is 7 and a big, big Stitch fan) says the same thing...

Polynesian Dweller
10-27-2007, 05:49 PM
We did it a week ago when we were at WDW to give it a try and see how it compares to the orginal. Its always difficult to change a ride theming without really change the ride components. You end up forcing things to fit into the equipment rather than making the equipment tell the story.

Stitch has the same problem. Parts of it work and others don't. Additionally, they still have the problems with the shoulder harnesses. They can (and did in my case) hurt when in action. The story in the final room was confusing and as others have said, why does he pop back into the tranportation chamber suddenly.

Perhaps if they could have designed this from the ground up, rather than retrofitting AE, it might have worked better. Still, ride it once and see how it works for you. Every ride should be tried at least once because you never know what ride might turn out to be your classic despite what others think.:mickey:

DawsonAR
10-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I did the ride one time and that was the last time.

4ubie1
10-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I did see the :stitch: attraction once and felt it was alright. A good one time deal. But I have to say that I did prefer the original attraction (AE) there better. It was interesting to have an attraction that didn't necessarily cater to the younger kids. I met several older kids that really enjoyed that attraction but found Stitch's to be..well too kiddie. I just am disappointed that they sacrificed a decent attraction for something less so. Oh well :shrug:

macho91
10-29-2007, 04:36 PM
I am a big fan of Stitch and all of his movies and was excited last year when my family and I went on the ride for the 1st time. I thought is was an OK attraction. It was not anything special and really did not care if I saw it again or not. The best part of the experience was the face of my three (3) year old being so proud that she made it through the 40 inches requirement. SHe did fine on the ride but didn't really care if she could see it again.

xoHelloKittyox
10-29-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm 19 but i get scared REALLY easy, so this ride kind of scared me a little, even though stitch is basically my most favorite character EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:stitch::stitch:

I think the ride was a perfect addition to WDW :mickey: