PDA

View Full Version : Pirate cruises from Grand Floridian

lovedisneyworld
09-30-2007, 07:14 AM
My kids (11, 7 and 4) are wanting to do this but I am worried about my 4-year-old doing this with them. I worry she would fall over the side of the boat. Can anyone tell me if their kids have done it and how safe it is for little ones? Thanks for any info on this. :mickey:

Deesdisney
09-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I would like to know this too. I have a 4 yr old and she would love to do this. But she would have no one else to go with. Do they watch them really good and make them feel like part of the fun if they are shy?

d_m_n_n
09-30-2007, 09:28 AM
My oldest DS went on the Pirate Cruise when he was 4 or 5. It is a very safe activity for the kids. They are on a large pontoon boat with at least 3 adults (I remember at least 1 was a lifeguard) and everyone wears a lifejacket.

Deesdisney, I was so nervous sending my little one out alone as well. At the time he was pretty shy and didn't like being in big groups. They paired him up with a buddy and when he came back he had a new little friend (not to mention singing "Yo ho, yo ho" and practicing his best pirate "Aaarg").

I admit I was nervous leaving my little one, but when I saw the "operation" I felt so much better. I'm sending both DSs this year since it will be my oldest's last time due to his age. They are both so excited about it right now they can't stand it!

TammiMcMan
09-30-2007, 10:42 AM
My kids (11, 7 and 4) are wanting to do this but I am worried about my 4-year-old doing this with them.When you get a chance, you may want to call the 407-WDW-DINE number to verify the ages. I think the pirate cruises now have a cut off age of 10 years old, so you may need to make alternative plans for your oldest child. Just in case, the GF does have an assortment of watercraft to rent as well. He/she could be a passenger if you wanted to rent a sea raycer while the younger kids are on the cruise. If your oldest is a girl, the GF spa offers a nice manicure and/or pedicure service that might be fun.

Here's a link to Info Central, which has a few more details, http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/specactivities.asp .

Deesdisney
09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Thank you for the information. I think she would love it and I will try it in Jan. if it working if not Dec. 08. I guess I am just being a protective mom with my last kid. Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

threeh
10-01-2007, 10:57 AM
I just booked this for my kids in February. Looks like fun!!:thumbsup: