PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi Information

jray21
09-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Someone asked me to post this on it's own in hopes of helping some people.

Wi-Fi Costs:

Plan 1, 50 minutes, $27.50, 55 cents/minute
Plan 2, 100 minutes, $40, 40 cents/minute
Plan 3, 250 minutes, $75, 30 cents/minute
Plan 4, $.75 per minute

No credit for unused time, no upgrading. However when you run out of time you can sign up for a new plan. Once you log in REMEMBER to LOG OUT!. When you open your browser you get a pop-up window that you are supposed to click when you log off. I just shut down my computer and when I tried to log back on all 250 minutes were gone!! I called but there was nothing they could do because there was no way to verify(?) Ouch! They did mention, and I missed it on the information sheet, that if you navigate your browser to http://1.1.1.1/logout you can do it manually. Also make sure that your pop-up blockers are off. On the information sheet on board it said that "Guests with wireless-ready latpops will find several wireless hot spots throughout the ship, including most public areas, guest staterooms and all open areas on decks 9 and 10. Our room was on deck six, in the center (mid-ship), on the right side (Never learned port and starboard). Service was never great but worked ok.

In the cell phone cost 2.29/min, text messages were .50 and picture messages were a few dollars, depending on size (I sent two pictures in one message and it was $7!) It showed up on my phone bill as roaming, bahamas. I used my phone at sea and in nassua but it just shows up as roaming bahamas. I have At&T family share plan.

Another thing, the safe is really small so I used a laptop lock to lock it to the desk but It seemed pretty flimsy. I did find a website that sells backpacks with wire mesh "safes" built in and I ordered it and it is a really good "safe" but it was about $180. I just got it yesterday but I will definetely bring it with me

ElenitaB
09-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Joey, thanks for posting this!

I know that I'll be referring back to all the details you've included, when I start to plan our President's Week vacation in earnest. I often have to check in with my work e-mail while on vacation... being able to do it from our stateroom will make that whole process a bit more quick and comfortable. Thanks for tip on securing the laptop as well! :thumbsup: