PDA

View Full Version : becky becky fruit fruit

crltkcagle
09-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Okay i remember in 1985 going to a show ( I believe in epcot) and there was a character named becky. the show had all kinds of fruits in it and i can remember for years singing becky becky fruit fruit, becky becky fruit fruit. anyone remember this? and what happened to becky and the fruits?

CYBERDISNUT
09-29-2007, 09:17 PM
The only one I remeber being at Epcot was Kitchen Caberet. This was replaced by Food Rocks and then Soarin. I never saw Kitchen Caberet though.

Madame Leona
09-29-2007, 10:05 PM
I beleive you are thinking of Kitchen Caberet but I think it was veggie veggie fruit fruit. Please correct me if I am wrong.

crltkcagle
09-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I have no clue i was only 8 at the time and i thought i remember singing becky becky fruit fruit, but it was probably veggy veggy fruit fruit. so it was called kitchen cabaret. when did they replace it. (what year)

BronxTigger
09-29-2007, 10:15 PM
It is veggie veggie fruit fruit. The song is on the 50th Anniversary CD that I don't think is available any more (although you may find it used somewhere).

The show was replaced around the same time as the overhaul of the Land Pavilion and when Soarin went in. I don't know the year but it was sometime between 2000 and 2005....because 2005 was the first year we went that they had it.

dml
09-29-2007, 11:24 PM
If I remember correctly Food Rocks replaced the Kitchen Caberet in the 90s. I preferred the KC over FR, although I love Soarin.

:mickey::mickey:

disneyboy98
09-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Yes, Kitchen Kaberet was around during the 80's and into the very early 90's. It was then replaced by Food Rocks. Food Rocks was another audioanimatronic show that took famous musicians and turned them into fruit, vegetables, and other such things. They then took a song by that artist and put a healthy food spin on it. For example, they took the group Queen, turned their members into something "healthy" you would find in the kitchen (I forget exactly what) and then took their song "Bohemian Rhapsody" and turned into a song dealing with nutrition.

It wasn't exactly the most popular attraction. Kitchen Kaberet definitely had a following and when they turned it into something more "up-to-date" like Food Rocks, people just went once and that was enough for them.

Food Rocks was closed just after the millenium celebration when The Land began it's transformation to allow for Soarin, it's new food court, seating area, and updates to "Living with the Land". I still remember walking by the place where "Food Rocks" used to be and seeing a poster for "Soarin" COMING SOON.

Luckily, the memoies of Kitchen Kaberet and Food Rocks live on with sites such as YouTube.

TinkRocks
09-30-2007, 12:34 AM
The audio animatronic host of Kitchen Kabaret was Bonnie Appetite. I'm sure there are some video clips of Kitchen Kabaret knocking around the internet if you search...

crltkcagle
09-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I just looked it up on youtube and yep that's it! and yes it is veggy veggy fruit fruit. thanks for the help guys!:thumbsup: