PDA

View Full Version : Electric Light Parade visible from the Poly?

Sinewiz
09-29-2007, 05:39 PM
I forget where I read this but someone on another thread mentioned that both the fireworks and The Electric Light Parade could be viewed from the Poly.
I will be staying at the Poly starting October 31st and this would be great if true, but I don't see how the Electric Light Parade could be viewed from there. After all, it does take place within the park.
Now I know that there is a small light parade that takes place on the water each night, as I have seen that when staying at the Wilderness.
Question is, was the writer of that thread confusing the two parades or is the Electric Light Parade somehow visible to those staying at the Poly.
Thanks, Doug

KarenP
09-29-2007, 05:53 PM
The Electric Water Pageant can be viewed from Poly.

gardenia
09-29-2007, 07:21 PM
The parade you're thinking of in the park is called "SpectroMagic Parade". Lots of lights, but obviously you can't see it outside the park.

The "Electric Water Pageant" can be viewed from the Poly, GF, CR and WL. I wouldn't call it "small"... It comes quite close to shore at the Poly and it's pretty amazing. A good place to watch is sunset point near the Hawaii and Tokelau buildings.

LudwigVonDrake
09-29-2007, 08:29 PM
You'll see the fireworks and Electric Water Pageant. But you can't see the parade from the Poly :tikki:

GrmGrninGost
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
The Electrical Water Pageant is a great show and can be watched from the Poly. Also, the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom are quite spectacular from the Poly! The actual parade must be seen from inside the Magic Kingdom. It is now called Spectromagic. Some years back they had a parade called the Main Street Electrical Parade. :mickey: Must have been a mix up.

tikiman
10-01-2007, 10:23 AM
The electric water pageant was actually designed for the opening ceremonies of the Polynesian resort so that is why it is shown first at the Polynesian and they also try and have it back to back with the fireworks. It is very close to the beach in front of Hawaii longhouse every night.

Aloha

Steve

mouseketeer mom
10-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Theres something so catchy about the music that plays from the electrical water parade. Even if we have seen it many times, we hear the music and open our doors to watch. We really like it.

krorx
10-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Watching the electrical water pageant is a wonderful way to end an evening. Or start an evening if you're going to EMH's. :cloud9:

Tinkerfreak
10-04-2007, 09:52 AM
We have seen the water parade from a distance but not from the Poly. We will be there on oct. 31st also but will be at MNSSHP. We are checking in on oct. 28th and would love to see this from the beach one night. What time do they usually do it?

jarajam
10-06-2007, 05:57 PM
We stayed at the Poly this past week and went to have a drink on the second floor (outside Ohana) Thursday night. We watched the Electric Light Parade from the couches and it was spectacular!!!
Julie

luvdiznee
10-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Besides seeing the Electric Water Parade from the Poly, we also saw it from Narcoossee's. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
10-06-2007, 08:07 PM
This link to INTERCOT's info central should answer a lot of the questions and also offers some photos, http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/electricalwaterpagent.asp .