PDA

View Full Version : What a Moron ..... Ohana's ADR

AbeeNormal
09-29-2007, 04:48 PM
On one of our nights I booked a ADR & just now looked at the menu..... My mom will be with us and she is somewhat of a vegetarian - she eats fish - On the menu there is no fish on the main course, I guess we could get her shnocked on wine:wine: and just give her shrimp appetizer's but I'm surprised NO FISH:cry:.

Can anyone tell me if I missed something or is that just the way it is?:shake:

jillluvsdisney
09-29-2007, 05:18 PM
It's family style dining and the food is brought around on large skewers by the wait staff. Yes, it's all meat and grilled shrimp. I guess fish just does not lend itself to that type of service. Your Mom should be just fine with the side dishes, shrimp and dessert.

Try Flying Fish at the Boardwalk for seafood.

ariel03
09-29-2007, 05:29 PM
They do offer a vegitarian option but you have to ask your server for it. The last time we ate at Ohana's the lady at the table next to us got the vegitarian option and it looked pretty good and they made it fresh for her.

nicole48040
09-29-2007, 05:36 PM
HeHeHe....give her plenty of wine and then tell her it's fish :thedolls:

Jared
09-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Ask for the vegetarian dish. Your mother can still enjoy the regular appetizers and side dishes without relying only on shrimp for dinner. Just talk to your server when you arrive.

:tasty:

AbeeNormal
09-29-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm telling you Nicole, I'm considering it. After all she made me eat some pretty bad stuff when I was a kid like carob which was a really bad version of chocolate. So yeah, lot's of wine:wine: and fish with a rib in it. Tee Hee :secret:

And for all the vegetarians out there:D - She wasn't always a vegeterian and of course I wouldn't do that to my mom. (Unless maybe I was really drunk Tee Hee):thumbsup:

AbeeNormal
09-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Jill - Just and FYI they don't do the shrimp skewers anymore form what I've been told.:confused:

Mousefever
09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Our shrimp did not come on skewers in January, but in a bowl if I'm remembering correctly. The shrimp was very tasty!

I hear you on the carob! My mom also made us eat it a few times. It's way not chocolate!!!

:dory:

clou1028
09-29-2007, 07:40 PM
On one of our nights I booked a ADR & just now looked at the menu..... My mom will be with us and she is somewhat of a vegetarian - she eats fish - On the menu there is no fish on the main course, I guess we could get her shnocked on wine:wine: and just give her shrimp appetizer's but I'm surprised NO FISH:cry:.

Can anyone tell me if I missed something or is that just the way it is?:shake:

Just tell your waiter. They will get her something. When I went there on a business trip, we had a huge group there. One of the girls just wasn't interested in the food. She barely touched any of it. The waiter noticed. After he jokingly harrassed her for a little bit for not eating... he went away and came back with a grilled cheese and french fries for her. :)

Jared
09-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Jill - Just and FYI they don't do the shrimp skewers anymore form what I've been told.:confused:
The shrimp was served skewered years ago but has been replaced with a bowl of peel-and-eat shrimp.

I liked the original menu better, but I still love 'Ohana.

:tasty:

crltkcagle
09-29-2007, 08:45 PM
In my opnion the food is to die for! The shrimp are not on skewers but are fantastic! The skewers had steak, chicken and rib. The salad was good and the food just kept coming. It was wonderful and must for us on every trip from now on.:number1:

SBETigg
09-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Ooh, a Christopher Moore fan!

'Ohana serves plenty of courses. There is a vegetarian option, but also the shrimp, the potatoes, wontons with dipping sauces, salad, and veggies should give your mother plenty to eat, not to mention the amazing dessert. We couldn't even manage the meat skewers by the time they came out, and we were really sorry we didn't save more room for dessert.

But I do like your wine idea. Deliciously wicked. :blush:

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Its a total meat fest at Ohanas. But if I was a vegitarian I would be thrilled to eat the potatoes, salad, wontons, and those peel and eat shrimp. Really, those potatoes are the best, we would go just for them!:cloud9:

rj
09-29-2007, 09:37 PM
You may want to try Kona Cafe at the Poly. Last time we could not get a reservation at Ohana, we decided to eat at Kona and loved it. They do have fish. We will eat there again next trip. Of course we will eat at Ohana also ;).

magicofdisney
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
OM-Goodness! We just tried 'Ohana for the first time this trip. It was incredible! It's a must for us from now on. The wonderfully, tasty shrimp does come in a bowl now and it's peel and eat, but worth it. The potatoes are fabulous. There is a yummy veggie dish as well. I couldn't believe I've not read more about this delicious meal. Everyone always raves about Le Cellier, and I think 'Ohana puts Le Cellier in the dumper (at least from our experience). I hope your entire family loves it as much as we do.

tinksmom02
09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
We were at Ohana this time last week :(

We truly, truly enjoyed this meal. The shrimp was excellent, even if it was peel and eat, the meats were fantastic, the sides were great, dessert...DH actually asked for seconds (and he very rarely eats dessert at all!)! We will definitely be returning to Ohana (in 2009 :()!

I like your idea of getting mom looped, but if they're willing to make a veggie meal from her (and it sounds from other posters that they are), you should go ahead and get it for her.