PDA

View Full Version : Castaway Club Welcome Kit!

GreenBeetle
09-29-2007, 04:21 PM
It's only been a few weeks since our return, but we received our official welcome into the Castaway Club today. I love the CD included - especially the music tracks. It's all so Disney-like! :mickey:

jray21
09-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Been a month for me and I still haven't received it. Hopefully it comes soon!

Beast_fanatic
09-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't remember how long it was before I got mine, but my CD came broken. I never have been able to get them to send me a new one (they send the cruise planning CD instead even though I'm explicit that I do not want that).

GreenBeetle
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't remember how long it was before I got mine, but my CD came broken. I never have been able to get them to send me a new one (they send the cruise planning CD instead even though I'm explicit that I do not want that).

Well that's not very Disney-like at all. I'll copy mine and send you one if you'd like. :mickey:

RobWreck
09-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, mine came broken as well and despite numerous requests, I've never recieved my replacement. Hopefully I'll get a non-broken one when I get back from my upcoming cruise...
Rob
(91 days to go... onboard reservations tonight at midnight! Woo Hoo! :D )

I take the Ferry
10-08-2007, 09:36 PM
We just got our CD last week, after our 3rd cruise. What a great surprise!!!

I would say that hounding DCL for a replacement disk would be worth the effort. The first audio track alone would be worth it.

(it's a recording of the ship's horn)

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

Mollywobbles
10-22-2007, 01:33 AM
I went on a Disney Cruise in September 2003. I never got any information about the Castaway Club. Awhile back I did get a new membership card. That was the first thing I had recieved. Maybe DCL didn't do anything special back when I went on my cruise.

I do have another Disney Cruise in the works for November of next year. Will I get anything in the mail before I leave about special Castaway Club member events that take place on the cruise?

TammiMcMan
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Will I get anything in the mail before I leave about special Castaway Club member events that take place on the cruise?At the port, there is a check-in line for Castaway Club members. It may or may not be shorter than the regular lines. On board, you'll have a special gift in your stateroom and you'll also receive an invitation to the Castaway Club cocktail reception. When and where they hold the event varies by cruise. You'll get all the info when you check-in at the terminal.

DisneyDudet
10-23-2007, 11:02 PM
They never asked to see anything at the Castaway Club check in. I did email Disney, asking them to apply my Castaway Club ID number to the reservation, so that we would be "tagged" as members. It took me two emails to have them send the welcome kit they never sent 4 years prior. After the second email, it was a few weeks.

The CD is fun. I used it to make my text message alert on my phone. Yup, when anyone sends me a text message... I hear my ship's horn!!