PDA

View Full Version : Rides You've Gotten Soaked On

carrieb
09-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm sitting here enjoying the Travel Channel's "Disney's Animal Kingdom" they've just gotten to Kali River Rapids and it started me thinking about rides where I ended up wet. :D

Kali is a very obvious one. When we rode it we embraced getting wet and enjoyed it - (the look on my 2.5 y/o niece was utterly priceless when she got hit by the first wave, she looked at all of us - we were laughing so she started laughing too!)
But I, DP and BIL ended up DRENCHED after and EMH ride on Splash Mountain.
The DP will never let me forget this because BIL and I swore that you never end up that wet....(:secret: I guess it had something to do with the reduced crowds during the EMH.)

How about you?
What ride did you not expect to get that wet on - or one that you ended up much much more wet than you thought you would?

JPL
09-29-2007, 04:16 PM
A few years ago I have gotten absolutely completely soaked on the TTA I was getting on the ride and it started to pour and I mean Pour I looked liked I jumped in the pool with my clothes on when I got off since the wind was blowing the right :mad: I did notice the rain coming in but figured hey it has a cover on it thought it was a good place to hide from the rain :blush:

krorx
09-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Splash Mountain--I had no idea you got that wet. Guess it depends on the weight in front of the log. I was in the middle. I walked around soaked most of the night. :blush:

IloveDisney71
09-29-2007, 05:50 PM
I've ridden Kali a number of times and gotten pretty wet. BUT there was one time when we had to leave the park to go back to the resort for dry clothes. We literally left large puddles on the floor of the bus because we were SOAKED to the skin! But it was still fun!

chrisb26
09-29-2007, 05:55 PM
In May me and my friend got soaked on Splash Mountain. I know I know your going on a water ride what did you expect? It was from the cannons though and not the drop. I didn't expect to get that wet since I was there last December and the cannons didn't seem to be flying that much water.

I haven't really gotten soaked on any other rides in WDW. However I was on vacation in Branson Missouri. We got on a big swing type ride that spins. As we got locked in it started to drizzle. As the ride continuted it started to pour. What is even worse is since we where moving fast we got even wetter and it also kinda hurt.

crltkcagle
09-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Maybe TMI for some but.... we went out to the park for the day and i threw baby powder all over so i wouldn't stink when i started to sweat. so we got on splash mountain and i was in the front. I of course got drenched and had to walk around in wet clothes all day. well apparently when you get baby powder wet it makes a clay and burns your skin. so at the end of the day i realized the area under my butt was burning. so needless to say I ended up with a butt rash from walking around in wet baby powder all day. LOL Good thing i had boudreaux butt paste with me.

Same trip we went on the ride in animal kingdom and my parents who had been on it before were sporting ponchos. everyone including myself was making fun of them. well my two year old and i got so wet that we had to go into the bathroom and dry ourselves. I mean not wet but like having to ring out my clothes and hair wet. i decided to go on the yeti ride to dry off. LOL

And of course there was the halloween party that got rained out and me and my purple fairy costume were so wet i looked like i was in a wet t-shirt contest.

SAHDad
09-30-2007, 12:05 AM
On my first trip, my wife and I went on Kali as one of the first things we did at AK. It was a cool, overcast day (60ish or so) in November, so we were a little hesitant.

And we got, maybe, 20 drops between us. No one in our raft got very wet, certainly not even as wet as you get on Splash Mountain.

So, it's very early in the day, the park is barely open, and there is no line, so the CM tells us that we can go ahead and ride it again if we want. My wife and I look at each other, and we say "Sure."

The other family (mom, dad, daughter, I think) get out. . . and they are replaced by three full size adults. This time, on the ride, instead of getting a little damp, everyone gets soaked. I mean, drenched. I could have swum parts of the ride, and not gotten as wet.

Disney had set up one of those hot air dryers (the industrial size ones) because the day was so cool, and although it helped some, we still left after another couple of hours, because we just couldn't get fully warm and dry again without changing clothes.

Still a fun ride though - but we make sure the weather is warm and sunny before riding it now.

disneyboy98
09-30-2007, 12:25 AM
For me, it wasn't Kali, but Splash. Also, I have never really gotten super wet on Splash until this summer.

We were going past the big drop, at the beginning of the ride, just before going up the hill to "Chik-a-pin Hill" and one of the logs came down the free fall. Well instead of the water shooting straight up and showering down on us, it shot up only a little bit but with the same amount of water, and hit me in the back row where I was all by myself.

It was 11:00 at night and I was SOAKED!! My mother, who always wears a poncho on the wet rides, will not let me forget that night.

CaptSmee
09-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Splash Mtn. is the only ride we've gotten soake on at WDW. Kali we got a little wet, but have never been in the soake zone. Popeye & Dudley Do Right's at the "other" park absolutely drenched us to the bone!!! :D

Natazu
09-30-2007, 04:40 AM
I've been pretty lucky on Splash. The wettest I've gotten on splash was walking toward BTMR over the bridge back when they used to fire water that direction.

Kali on the other hand is more a swim trunks and Crocs ride. It's good that they sell t-shirts right outside the exit.

mrsgaribaldi
09-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Last time we rode Splash in Sept we got SOAKED. So much so it was uncomfortable:mickey:A wall of water hit us since we were in the first seats:(

Tinkerfreak
09-30-2007, 07:40 AM
My family has been on Kali quite a few times because we go on it at least once on every yearly trip. We have always managed to stay dry on it. We always seem to be at the top of the raft during the big drop so we never got soaked. Then in December we went on with our neice and out luck came to an end. I knew before we went down the drop that we were going to get wet because the raft had turned so we were going down facing backwards and sure enough we got wet. We were so soaked we had to leave and change our clothes. I guess we made up for all those times we stayed dry!

LibertyTreeGal
09-30-2007, 09:23 AM
My worst soaking was at the Kali Clone over at DCA in March.

I don't know how it's possible, but somehow a wave of water hit me just right and went straight down my pants and completely soaked my underwear. That was NOT fun! It took FOREVER to dry. But it sure added to everyone else's enjoyment.... :blush:

JohnHMCWYG
09-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Splash Mountain got me wet and Kali got me wetter, but when I went out of the park, the water rides at IOA drenched me. It was enjoyable, then annoying, though not that annoying. I love the sudden drops, and no matter how many times I do a water ride at any park, Disney or not, the wall of water is always a surprise.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

dumbo ears
09-30-2007, 10:16 AM
I got soaked on splash mountain a few times before

Disneypixie513
09-30-2007, 10:25 AM
We were at the PAPP and we were getting ready to leave and me,my younger sister,and my mom decide to ride Splash one more time before we left..Big mistake. They had the water cannons on and we had come around the turn and was getting ready to go up the 2nd hill by the big hill...and Just our luck a boat was coming down..We go SOAKED! My mom got the wettest out of us 3 and me and my mom were NOT happy b/c we weren't feeling well and we were not looking forward to riding the ride in the AC. So needless to say..we weren't too happy..But that's really the only time we got drenched

LudwigVonDrake
09-30-2007, 12:05 PM
I have gotten absolutely SOAKED on Kali River Rapids. Totally drenched and I ended up leaving to go back to the hotel to change :rolleyes:

berri_boo
09-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Last year my DH & I ended up getting soaked on the BLT at MGM. We got on the ride queue and the skies were clear...then all of a sudden the storm clouds came rolling in and as soon as we all loaded on the trams. Well, we sat in the most horrible spot to sit in the tram while it was raining. we sat in the front seats of the 3rd or 4th tramcar and we got all the runoff of water from the top of the tram. My DH & I were getting so worried about our cameras because we had so many pictures on our memory cards and we were on day 12 of our 14 day trip & there would be no way to replace all of those pictures that we had taken. My DH threatened to jump out of the tram car to get out of the pouring rain...because it ended up being a torrential downpour! But in the end we now laugh about it & have pictures of us totally soaked.
Below is a picture of me as soon as we got off the ride......

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q35/berri_boo/Honeymoon512card102.jpg

the kid
09-30-2007, 03:40 PM
last november we were at wdw and we went on splash mountain MAN DID WE GET WET it was like a wet t shirt comp:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
09-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Splash Mt at both WDW and DLR. The worst time at WDW was one ride when the ride broke down for about 10 minutes when we were stopped at the waterfall area. That darn thing just rained on me for the full ten minutes. :mickey:

At DLR, ,my DW made me sit in the very front seat and the "ride would be better". (For those who don't know the seating was single file at DLR). At 3 different spots the log dipped so far forward after a drop that the water came in over the sides. My DW thought it was a riot and for her the ride was better.

MinnieMommie
09-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Gotten wet on Splash but have gotten totally soaked on Kali. I don't mind on a hot sunny day but will not go on anymore when it is cold out. I froze the last time I did that. :freeze:

Fantasmic
10-01-2007, 08:56 AM
I got DRENCHED on Splash Mountain last Monday (09/24)

It was our last day in WDW and we went to the Magic Kingdom as a farewell park, I decided to ride splash one last time. My BF didn't, he always gets soaked on Splash Mountain. Well, I never get very wet on Splash, I have been riding it since the year is opened and I just don't get soaked. I guess that last Monday was about 15 years worth of water dumped on me. I was soaked through to my underwear!! I had to buy a new t-shirt to travel home in!!!
It really made my BF laugh though cause usually it's him that gets soaked!!

thrillme
10-01-2007, 04:49 PM
My son got totally soaked on the Kali River rapids while everybody else actually made it through fairly decently. I guess it was the way our tube hit an air pocket but this big bulb of water came up and landed squarely on him only. The person next to him miraculously only got a little water. It was almost like there was a tube directing it ONLY at him. The look on his face was PRICELESS. Everybody was laughing. It was near the end of the ride too and everybody was pretty confident that we were going to make it out relatively dry (you NEVER stay completely dry on Kali).

But with at bulb of water...he got totally drenched. There wasn't a dry spot on him.

Followthatmouse
10-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Another soaked Kali River Rapids rider here. It has been the only ride in which I have been soaked to the skin. Only one or two riders in our raft were relatively untouched. A wave was perfectly timed to crash over the raft at the base of the drop. As I was riding backwards, it came over me first and, I think, got me on the way out as well. ;)

It was in the middle of Summer. I dried quickly. My bag was being minded by a non-riding relative - my trustworthy and dry DM. I'm not sure that I would have been as happy to be as wet in the middle of Winter, though.

Aggie97
10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Oddly, just the seat of my pants got soaked through to the skin on the Maelstrom one time. The park was pretty empty, so I think they'd been running empty boats through the ride for awhile. We were sitting in the front row of the boat, and I didn't notice that there was a lot of standing water on the seat. It was a little embarrassing walking around WS all day with just that one part of me all wet. :)

We were really wet after participating in the Backlot Tour pre-show in Feb. 2005. A CM stopped my husband and I on our way into the attraction and asked if we could help them out with something. We hadn't been on the Backlot Tour in years, so we didn't recall that the pre-show involved a lot of water. They did give us rainsuits, but it was the end of the day, so the suits were soaked on the inside. I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't so chilly out that evening! :mickey:

But the wettest I've been was Christmas Eve 2006 at the Candlelight Processional. As soon as we were seated, the sky just OPENED UP and poured! The worst part is, I had just commented to my husband that it looked like rain, and I was going to get our ponchos out of the backpack, just to be safe. We were soaked to the bone. But hey - we were at WDW, so that's ok!

mainstreet1997
10-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Splash Mountain. We get on and the seats are already wet. We get to the outside part where you go past the mountain and the log about two in front of us gets this bullet of water dumped right down on us. Eventually its our turn and as were getting closer we see a log edging for the top and everyone is praying that the water doesnt come down on us. Unfortunately it did. We were SO cold the whole ride and the splash down at the end was nothing!

JPelle76
10-06-2007, 08:50 PM
LOL!! This has been an on going joke with me and my sister! She managed to get VERY wet on POTC in Disneyland thanks to the little flume! But BEFORE we went on the ride i had taken a picture of her next to the sign that says: WARNING you may get wet! Guess she chose to ignore it!

micahlei
10-07-2007, 04:37 AM
Back last December (1st time ive visited so far) we thought Kali River Rapids was going to be like splash mountain (hardly wet at all)
But when we got off we was soaked to the bone!

Lol! - Happy Days! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
10-07-2007, 08:55 AM
This past June on Kali there must have been very little interest from a lot of people to ride it, so the CM let us ride over and over and over again, until we were ready to get off.....we ALL got soaked, of course it was EMH and it was very late, so when we got on the bus to head back to our room we were dripping and freezing.....BUT....SM was a total suprise this year......I guess the water canons were "dialed" up because it filled our boat up....that's the first time ever on that ride we all got very wet.

wedway76
10-07-2007, 09:25 AM
On our first trip to AK we were oblivious to the type of ride Kali was. We got drenched and let’s just say my DW’s outfit really wasn’t meant to be soaked like that. :eek: :blush: She had to stop in the next gift shop and buy an oversized t-shirt to wear over her wet clothes.

Kairi_7378
10-07-2007, 09:43 AM
DH got soaked on both Splash and Kali this trip, and I managed to stay dry. (Other than the seat in Splash, that was soaked!) We did get doused pretty good on Voyage of the Little Mermaid, which was a surprise.