PDA

View Full Version : What does the dream squad look like?

Lauraubie
09-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Are they regular cast members? Or are they dressed differently? Does anyone have a photo?

jray21
09-29-2007, 03:49 PM
They are evil creatures that lurk in the shadows. Like the demons in the Black Couldron they wait for an unsuspecting guest and then pounce on them so they have no escape. Then as they reward the victim and walk away they glare at all the non-winners, smirk, and under their breath you can hear them cackle, "ooh too bad, you lost. Maybe next time Looser!" Oh wait, that was my experience at Disneyland last week. They were handing out fast-passes near Dumbo so we went up and they asked if we had won any yet. We cheerfully said no and they said, "Oh too bad, these are only for parties that already have!" After that we defintely felt the "magic" of the Disney Lottery. Now that I have that off my chest, They are "special" cast memebers that wear a light/pale blue outfit. Kinda like guest services with the pants and vest but more solid in color and blue. There are usually two that walk together. Sorry no photo. "Year of a million dreams, and 50 million nightmares" :ack: Can you tell I am bitter? I think it was a great idea but I wish they would just use the money to make the parks bigger and better, more than they are. Open up beastly kingdom instead. Expand the monorail, Keep Toads Wild Ride AND Winnie the Pooh. Make ToonTown (DL) back to the original. Wow, I feel so much better. (Of course now when I go back I'll win something big and then I'll have to eat my words) :blush:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-29-2007, 04:08 PM
They wear a light blue shirt with khaki pants. They usually have a bag that says YOMD on the side. They are in 'prize mode' when they have white vests on. Otherwise, they are acting as greeters.

Jray21, if they were only giving them to people near Dumbo, it might have been that the people on that particular ride had won, not just random people. They do it a lot at Star Tours and TOT at Studios, they will an entire simulator prizes as they exit.

Personally, I don't think a Dream Fastpass is all that special. In fact, I think it's really stupid. Because ANYONE can get a FP....using their park ticket. Now, *FREE* DVC and Cinderella's Suite, even the Dream Ears....those will not be available after the YOMD promotion is over next year. But you know what will be? Fastpass. I wouldn't consider it much of a loss.

crltkcagle
09-29-2007, 09:05 PM
light blue shirts, khaki shorts, and a bag that says yomd on it.

Gottaluvgoof
09-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Personally, I don't think a Dream Fastpass is all that special. In fact, I think it's really stupid. Because ANYONE can get a FP....using their park ticket.

:ditto:
Especially in September. We had one, but there were no lines anyway. The Dream Fastpass is sitting here at home as a souvenir. We pretty much never used a fast pass while we were there anyway. We didn't need to.

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2007, 09:36 PM
I would be over the moon with a dream fast pass. It doesn't take much to thrill me!:blush: I would be so darn excited just to get chosen.

tinksmom02
09-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Please, another trip during the YOAMD and still no dreams! :( I think I saw some Dream team people a few times, and I think I was just in the wrong car/boat/line, etc., because it seemed as though they were waiting for me to get out of the way, before they could give the prizes to someone else LOL

Who's got the address to enter by mail? Might as well try that way, seeing as how simply being in the parks didn't do anything for me!

OK, so I'm a little bitter, too. We had a fabulous trip and that in and of itself was a dream for me, but still...even seeing anyone get a dream would've been exciting!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Please, another trip during the YOAMD and still no dreams! :( I think I saw some Dream team people a few times, and I think I was just in the wrong car/boat/line, etc., because it seemed as though they were waiting for me to get out of the way, before they could give the prizes to someone else LOL

It really doesn't work like that. It's given out by a third party company and generated in a computer. The information is given to the Dream Squad and it details a specific time, place, ride/location, row, and seat so that there is absolutely no doubt as to who the winner is. Unless it's a group one, in which, the entire simulator, mobile, car, tram, or whatever wins. They don't wait for people to move, it doesn't go by if there is a single person or a larger family (other than the fact that a larger family means taking up more seats which means...better chances).

And for the record, any one who wins and is under 18 better have a parent or legal guardian somewhere on property. We had some high schoolers who made a day trip...and won the castle suite. But since they were underage, and they weren't with their parents, they couldn't accept it (and there is a 2-hour time limit for the parents/guardians to arrive).

Natazu
09-30-2007, 04:41 AM
They're easy to locate. First, find me. Then, go to the other side of the park. That's where they'll be. ;)

LibertyTreeGal
09-30-2007, 09:26 AM
When I got my dream, the Dream team was nowhere in sight! Seems that they just gave the Butler at the HM 50 lanyards to hand out and once we were inside he handed them out to us. So even though I got a dream I still haven't ever seen a Dream Team member LOL

dizneynut
09-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I have not been lucky enough to go to WDW during this special time. Perhaps my family will be lucky next July! I cannot wait!!

My brother and his family were VERY close to winning the one night stay in Cinderella castle. They were in line for the Train in toontown. The family right in front of my brother was chosed. My brother kept telling us how close they were...my neice is 6 years old, she would have been beside herself if they were chosen.

Maybe next time, they will be there in November & December.

mickey-mouse35
09-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Just got back from a Disney sponsored gala event, and they announced the following:
* In 2008, they will keep some of the popular dream giveaways, like the night in the castle and free cruises
* PLUS, they're going to add hot air balloon rides over the parks (In Epcot ball shaped balloons for WDW and Mickey balloon for DL)
* PLUS, they're going to add a breakfast with 25 characters on Main Street every morning

They also said they're going to make a huge announcement on Good MOrning America tomorrow (October 1)! :mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
09-30-2007, 04:21 PM
* In 2008, they will keep some of the popular dream giveaways, like the night in the castle and free cruises

I am enormously unhappy about this -- previously they had said they would be reserving the castle suite for make-A-Wish families :mad:

threeh
10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
I am enormously unhappy about this -- previously they had said they would be reserving the castle suite for make-A-Wish families :mad:

My understanding is they are going to start letting make a wish use it after YOMD is over. Don't loose hope!!:mickey:

tinksmom02
10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
It really doesn't work like that. It's given out by a third party company and generated in a computer. The information is given to the Dream Squad and it details a specific time, place, ride/location, row, and seat so that there is absolutely no doubt as to who the winner is. Unless it's a group one, in which, the entire simulator, mobile, car, tram, or whatever wins. They don't wait for people to move, it doesn't go by if there is a single person or a larger family (other than the fact that a larger family means taking up more seats which means...better chances)

I know, I know....it just seems that they were watching to see where I went, and then they ran the other way. :)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-02-2007, 12:26 AM
My understanding is they are going to start letting make a wish use it after YOMD is over. Don't loose hope!!:mickey:

The YOMD has been extended though....so it's not over until Dec 2008. Make a Wish will most likely get it then.