PDA

View Full Version : Intercotees, need your experience!!!

laward32
09-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I just received my park tickets in the mail and they are paper. Is this how they usually are? I know when we went in April 05 we received plastic credit card tickets. (We stayed off site) When we went this past Dec 06 we stayed on site and received the Key to the World card. I didn't purchase the tickets through Disney. They are still c/c size and have a magnetic strip on the back. I just called the company and she says they personally pick up the tickets at WDW and then mail them out. She says this is what WDW hands out. Is this correct? Is this something that has changed since April 05? Just need some reassurance.:mickey:
26 days and counting!!!!

kadesha
09-29-2007, 03:05 PM
:confused:

Anytime I've bought tickets or stayed onsite, it's been the credit card type things. I've only bought directly from Disney though.

BronxTigger
09-29-2007, 03:10 PM
When we bought tickets from the Shades of Green ticket place, they were a thick paper. They worked just like the standard ones.

Another time, when I went to the P&P Party (August 2007), my will-call tickets for the party were the same type of paper tickets as I had gotten at the SOG office the previous August.

Just make sure with your paper ticket that it doesn't hang out near your room key or cell phone - it can demagnetize. Also, if they get wet they will probably need to be replaced at guest services. I went through FIVE paper cards on my 8 day trip in August 2006....not sure what I was doing to the card but they replaced it each time with another paper card.

WishingStar2006
09-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Yup, they are fine. Disney seems to change it up every once and a while...but your paper ones are good! HAve a great time!

TexasPrincessAurora
09-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Anytime we've stayed off site or bought and/or picked up our tickets seperate from check in at a WDW resort they have been the paper tickets, with a character on the front and a magnetic strip on the back. Definitely be sure and keep them seperate from credit cards and such as they will demagnetize. You can get a little holder for them at the ticket offices that should protect them.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-29-2007, 04:00 PM
For as long as I was a AP (since 2000), I've always remembered them as being the thick paper ones. Every year we had to see who had the coolest design.

The only time we didn't have paper was when my family stayed (who aren't AP), and they had theirs on the Keys to the World card.

Of course, now mine is a permanent card with a photo, which I like more.

crltkcagle
09-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Ours were the same type as the key to the world type. I'm sure if your travel agent says their ok they must be the real thing. have fun on your trip!

DisneyDudet
09-30-2007, 02:39 AM
We've had paper ones before. Our APs were paper. They aren't exactly fully paper. They are mixed with like plastic or something. I read it somewhere!

Anyway. We ordered our tickets via the Disney website before the recent price hike. They are the same type material/plastic as KTTW cards. Both our MNSSHP tickets and reg park hoppers are that way.

Maybe it is because they got them at the park? If you order them from Disney in advance, maybe you get a different type? Or, they simply are going back and forth.

The paper ones are still as good. We had AP's and never had to have them replaced. Always keep them away from Cell phones and other credit cards, just in case.

ddcrna
09-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Here's a tidbit I got from our ticket rep at the Navy MWR Office. Copy the backs of those tickets!! If you lose (or forget) them anywhere, you can show the copy to Disney and they will replace them.:thumbsup: