PDA

View Full Version : BWV or AKL- Standard View

dolphinmickey9170
09-29-2007, 05:59 AM
Can anyone please tell me what the "view" is in a standard view room at BWV and AKL? I am trying to decide between the two of them. Points wise, AKL was less, but I'm not so sure I want to stay there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Planning Aug '08

TooGoofy
09-29-2007, 07:07 AM
I can't tell you about BWV, but standard view at AKL is parking lot or landscaping (and maybe pool view) but no animals.

For me personally, the best part of staying at AKL is seeing the animals from my balcony!

DISNEYFIX
09-29-2007, 07:39 AM
For me personally, the best part of staying at AKL is seeing the animals from my balcony!

Amen.

Horizon93
09-29-2007, 02:57 PM
In Jambo, teh standard view rooms will be all pool view. In Kidani, they will be pool, parking lot, or garden.

Even without Savana view, you are at the resort that has the animals and there are plenty of ways to see them. I don't know what BWV standard view is, but there are no Savanas there, obviously.

Maleficent's Dad
09-30-2007, 02:28 PM
BWV standard rooms overlook the driveway up to the resort and the front circle area. Some have a view of tennis courts.

Standard rooms - especially those further down the hall on the higher floors - afford a decent view of the EPCOT fireworks (nothing low, just the fireworks up higher).

dolphinmickey9170
10-03-2007, 09:19 PM
BWV standard rooms overlook the driveway up to the resort and the front circle area. Some have a view of tennis courts.

Standard rooms - especially those further down the hall on the higher floors - afford a decent view of the EPCOT fireworks (nothing low, just the fireworks up higher).

Can I request this "end of the hall" toward Epcot room? I prefer a room on the top floor anyway.

Maleficent's Dad
10-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Can I request this "end of the hall" toward Epcot room? I prefer a room on the top floor anyway.
I guess you could request it. Not sure how that would work. :scratch:

We've had numerous "standard view rooms" at the BWV. Sometimes we're down lower, often up higher. When making ressies for standard rooms, we've not requested a location.

Just be aware, you could be a bit of a walk from the elevator the further down you go. Not an unreasonable distance, but something to consider.

mainstreet1997
10-10-2007, 03:34 PM
A note about BWV. We stayed in a standard view room one and my first thought was "oh great parking lot". But being there on the weekend, its kind of fun. There were weddings going on and people coming out of Jellyrolls are always a riot!