PDA

View Full Version : Deep fried Oreos

Dumbblonde
09-28-2007, 10:27 PM
I have heard they have these at Boma. Is there anywhere else in WDW that serves them?:D

SBETigg
09-28-2007, 11:23 PM
I haven't seen them anywhere at WDW, and they did not have them when I visited Boma. Good luck finding them! Someone must know if they have them.

MsMin
09-28-2007, 11:36 PM
From what I've heard they are the secret desert at Boma's :secret: They make them when they have a large party and sometimes you can ask and get any leftovers. It's a rare treat!

DizneyRox
09-29-2007, 07:26 AM
I got them once, they were given to us by one of the chef's. There were some dietary restrictions that we spoke to the chef about, he made us a special meal instead of the buffet. We were surprised with fried Oreo's at the end of dinner.

Next time, we were just brought through the buffet and told, don't eat this, don't eat that, and don't even get near this dish. Have a good day!

I guess it depends on who's working! If you manage to snag a few though, they are OUTSTANDING! I have yet to duplicate the recipe, but I'm working on it.

kadesha
09-29-2007, 09:51 AM
I make these, they are easy. If anyone wants the recipe, pm me. They are so simple to make.

cperry92380
09-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Deep fried Oreos????? Now... b/c I live in the deep south... I've heard about EVERYTHING that can be deep fried :blush:, but oreos?
Do tell.....

Dznygrl79
09-29-2007, 01:25 PM
I have never heard of deep fried oreos but I know they have an orea bon bon at the cape may cafe buffet and its way to good to be true!

illini
09-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Um, I've never had them but now I'm desperate. I try to eat pretty healthy, but Oreos are my one secret indulgence (is there ~anything~ natural in them?!?).

Please, please post that recipe!

kadesha
09-29-2007, 03:06 PM
They are very good.

To make the oreos, you'll need:

a deep fryer with clean oil
1 bag of oreos
1 1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
4 teaspoons oil
2 cups Bisquick or pancake mix (I think Bisquick works best)

Preheat deep fryer to 375. Combine all ingredients. Mix until almost lumpless. Dip oreos into batter, covering both sides. Put a few at a time in fryer. Be sure to turn over in fryer so both sides are golden brown. cook fast, serve hot.

The first few you make will probably look horrible, it takes a while to get the hang of making them "pretty." Looks don't affect the taste though, and you probably won't need the whole bag of oreos, they are very rich and you'll only eat a few at a time. You can save the leftover batter in the refrigerator for one day.

Dumbblonde
09-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the recipe!! Now I won't have to hunt all over WDW. I will just make them at home....NOW!!! YUM-O!

Jared
09-29-2007, 06:30 PM
I think only one particular chef routinely makes the fried Oreos. Unfortunately, I don't remember his name, but he's supposedly a great guy.

crltkcagle
09-29-2007, 08:49 PM
I am definetly going to try this one!

cperry92380
09-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Wow, I would have NEVER though to *actually* deep fry oreos!!!! Strange... but sounds really good. Just might have to try them. Thanks for the receipe!!!

LoriMistress
09-30-2007, 02:24 AM
There is a restaurant that does sell deep friend deserts at DTD as well. I'm not sure what the name is called, but it's close to Earl of Sandwich, though.

garthbarth1
09-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I have never had them at WDW but our State Fair has all the fried food....oreos, twinkies, milky way, snickers, peanut butter cups, strawberries, pepsi-:cloud9: you name it! And its YUMMY!!:cloud9:

Samtastic
10-01-2007, 11:56 AM
I have never had them at WDW but our State Fair has all the fried food....oreos, twinkies, milky way, snickers, peanut butter cups, strawberries, pepsi-:cloud9: you name it! And its YUMMY!!:cloud9:

How do you deep fry pepsi??????????????????

You can get deep fried snickers at the world- it's a doh-bar.

ldn324
10-01-2007, 12:03 PM
I just had a deep fried Oreo and a deep fried pickle a week ago at the Bloomsburg Fair and all I can say is YUMMYYYY. They are both delicious.

I think I read somewhere that the CS restaurant next to Ragland Road (can't remember the name) sells deep fried candy bars...maybe they have Oreos too??

awaggett
10-01-2007, 02:54 PM
We were at Boma at Christmas-time and also had dietary restrictions. The chef was great, walked us through the line and explained all of the items to us. At the end of the meal he said he'd bring us a special treat. I didn't realize it was such a big deal--but, wow, they were awesome! We were just there again last week, and was wishing for them again.

jpH/keD
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I thought I had read every snack credit item menu out there and I do not think I saw fried Oreos anywhere?? They sound so yummy I would have remembered seeing them! Good luck on your search! Have a great trip! I will look for them on our Nov trip! :mickey:

brewcrew26
10-02-2007, 02:23 PM
We fry everything in Wisconsin so these are a real treat at our State Fair each year (along with Deep-Fried Twinkie, Snickers Bar, Smores and Cheese Curds).

I haven't had them at WDW but I've made them myself. I highly recommend you use a CLEAN frying pan. I decided to use my roommates chicken fryer and it left a really bad after-taste in the batter (I just made a standard pancake box batter by the directions) and dipped them in oil until they floated.

It was good going down, but a clean pan makes a load of difference when frying anything!

WED1901
10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Our DS (8) has a lot of food allergies and the Chef at Boma’s prepared his dinner from appetizer to the dessert. And that Desert was the Fried Oreo. It came out in a huge bowl so we all had some. It was really good. I had to have a glass of milk with it! Our DS is allergic to peanuts, all dairy and eggs so going out to eat is always interesting. Disney does an outstanding job dealing with this. From CS to TS every Chef has come up with some kind of meal he can eat. We have written so many letters letting them know how special and safe our DS feels while eating at WDW. :mickey:

lyle21
10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
an actual oreo? fried? good golly, i think i'd have to pass on that one. coffee and dessert, the two things disney can't seem to get right.

DizNee143
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
it sounds very yummy..ill have to try one..one day...
but im wondering about frying pepsi also...how in the world do you fry pepsi??????:confused:

DizneyRox
10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
an actual oreo? fried? good golly, i think i'd have to pass on that one. coffee and dessert, the two things disney can't seem to get right.
Really, it's one of the best desserts I've had. The Oreo is batter dipped and then fried. The "cookie" actually turns into more of a cake like consistency and the filling kindof dissolves and spreads throughout. Drizzle a little chocolate on top and it's very tough to beat.

I'll give you the coffee though!

lyle21
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
alright, if the situation does arise i will give it a shot, but man, it sounds weird. fried and dessert just don't go together in my mind.

ok, anyone have any idea what this whole fried pepsi is all about? i cannot even begin to comprehend how this is done.

Dumbblonde
10-02-2007, 08:28 PM
I found them (oreos) once at a fair around home but they weren't cooked enough so I pitched them :mad: but a local bar serves deep fried pickles and I love them, The new craze is frozen cheese cake on a stick dipped in chocolate. WOW is that good!!!!

ThanxForNoticin
10-03-2007, 12:20 PM
I also believe they are kind of a hidden/secret treat at Boma. We did have the pleasure of having them served to us when we were there with a very large group. We didn't know what they were at first - all the time enjoying them A LOT. When we found out they were fried Oreos, we kind of laughed - and then ate them all...! But if you ever get the chance to try them - at Boma or someplace else - they are definitely a special treat.

mouseketeer mom
10-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Sounds like the possibility of a heart bypass might be in order after eating those deep fried oreos. Sounds like scary stuff.:nurse: (every once in a while the R.N. in me has to come out!)

Dumbblonde
10-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Sounds like the possibility of a heart bypass might be in order after eating those deep fried oreos. Sounds like scary stuff.:nurse: (every once in a while the R.N. in me has to come out!)

Naw, the food at Disney is magic...No calories, no fat, no carbs. Hasn't anyone told you that?:eat::magic:

garthbarth1
10-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Sorry about the late reply...the fried pepsi is kind of deceiving, but it was the newest "it" fried food at our state fair. (Indiana.) It is actually fried dough balls, but instead of making the balls with water, they use pepsi syrup. Then they fry them, drizzle them with more syrup, sprinkle on some powdered sugar and there you go. They were ok, glad I tried them but I would not get them again...now the fried snickers...YUMMY!!