PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Potato Head

kdkhopper
09-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Does anyone know if Disneyland sells the Mr. Potato Heads that you get to pick all of the pieces you want for it? My kids recently discovered the joys of Mr. Potato Head and I thought this might be a fun souvenier for them for our upcoming trip to DL.

DisneyLandMomma
09-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Yes...they sell Mr. Potato Head and his parts in DL at a shop in Toontown and in DCA at the toy shop near the entrance. They may be in other places too but those are the two shops I am POSITIVE they are there. :)

Disneyluvr2
09-30-2007, 12:36 AM
I love the Mr Potato Head display at DCA! I've been known to spend long periods of time there making all sorts of Potato Heads! I look forward to getting new parts every time I go for my collection. For the money, I think it's one of the best souveniers you can buy at the park. It's always a challenge to see just how many parts you can get in the box!

BrerGnat
09-30-2007, 02:52 PM
The EnginEars toy store at DCA has the largest selection of Mr. Potato head accessories. The shop in toontown has a smaller display.

Be aware, you DO NOT have to buy a potato; you can just fill up the box with as much parts as you can fit (and at the DCA store, they didn't make us close the box! They just allowed us to fill it up to the top of the open flaps. :)

kdkhopper
10-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Do you think it would be cheaper to buy a Mr. Potato Head ahead of time (like at Wal-mart or such) and just get the parts at DCA?

Disneyluvr2
10-01-2007, 10:39 PM
That's a great idea kdkhopper. Then you can just fill your box with potato parts. I was actually thinking about getting another potato head at Walmart so both of my nieces can play at the same time.

BrerGnat
10-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Do you think it would be cheaper to buy a Mr. Potato Head ahead of time (like at Wal-mart or such) and just get the parts at DCA?

ABSOLUTELY! The worst thing you can do is buy the "potato" at Disneyland. The box is not all that big and the potato takes up most of it. You can get a basic Mr. Potato Head at Target or Wal Mart for about $5. Get them before your trip and bring them with you so your kids can play after you get the Disney "accessories". Also, it helps to have some basic parts like eyes and nose, ears, hands, etc, already and then just load up on the good accessories like hats, shoes, glasses, and "items" to hold in the hands.