PDA

View Full Version : January weather

kathiep
09-28-2007, 08:02 PM
We're considering a January trip. We've never been in January and are wondering what the weather is like - how cold does it get?

Laura670
09-28-2007, 08:29 PM
We were there this Jan 5-12th ad it wasn't cold at all in fact it was hot in the 80's but from people that I've talked to and also people on this board this isn't the norm. If you do plan to go in Jan. stay away from the marathon weekend and you might want to check when Florida school go back after the Christmas vacation. The marathon and the kids not returning back to school until later in the week both of these things did have a big impact on park attendance. We waited 1 1/2 hrs for test track We weren't use to those waits since we usually go in the beginning of Dec and don't experience those type of waits. Hope this helps:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Since weather is such a subjective thing in terms of how it feels I suggest you click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) to go to Info Central where you can see exact weather conditions on the dates you're considering for the last 4 years. That should give you a solid idea of what to expect.

Pipalotta
09-28-2007, 11:01 PM
We went Jan 2004 and the first part of the week was warm, we were able to actually wear shorts and go swimming. Well half way through the week it was so cold we had to buy sweatshirts. There was people wearing their winter jackets and mittens and such.

DakotaDisney
09-29-2007, 03:31 PM
I went the last week of January, 2007.

The weather was cold at night but after the parks closed. It was a little cool in the morning but it warmed up nicely. I don't think we got above 75 though.

I was wearing shorts and t-hirts/short sleeves most days and I enjoyed the weather.

But then, I am from North Dakota where in January it can be below zero at times.

I thought the crowds were fine. The lines were not that long.

faline
09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
It was chilly when we were there during the last week of January 2007. Daytime temps were pretty comfortable but the evenings were quite chilly - bordering on cold. Folks who were there the week before us had very warm weather and could wear short throughout their trip.

Weather in Janury is quite variable. Be prepared for all eventualities!

Mickey 101
09-30-2007, 01:33 AM
I've posted some of this info before......January is our favorite time to go because of low crowds, but the weather is very iffy. The most chilly weather we experienced was when we landed at 9:30 one morning at MCO and the pilot announced it was 32 degrees. We're used to much colder temps since we're from near Chicago, but the FL cold kind of seems to creep in since you're outside so much of the time. When we went to board SSE that morning, the CM said, "Welcome to Disney on Ice!" :D The evening temps are generally the worst. We always bring a lot of clothes to layer, including winter coats and gloves.