PDA

View Full Version : Twins 4th Birthday Trip! So Excited!

luvourtwo
09-28-2007, 05:00 PM
We are taking our twins to Disney World for their 4th birthday the week before Christmas this year. This will be their first visit, and I absolutely cannot wait. We have a son and a daughter. Their birthday is actually the day before we arrive.

My husband is concerned that they "won't remember it", while I say "Who cares? They willl have a great time and we will always remember the looks on their faces ...plus we will have movies and pictures."
They are really into Disney movies and characters right now.

Our plan, if all goes as expected and weather permits is:

Day One: Arrive early to the Poly, get passes, go to MK. Character Dinner that evening at GF.

Day two: MK, afternoon nap, Character Dinner at Liberty Tavern, evening at MK.

Day three: Morning at AK, afternoon nap, dinner at Ohana, evening at MVMCP.

Day four: Afternoon and evening at MGM before leaving for next phase of trip...Sea World and a beach.

We chose the Polynesian due to the Monorail conveniece, plus I had always wished I was staying there when the monorail would stop there on our way to MK as a child/teenager. (Can't really afford it...but, oh well).

I am especially hoping that they might get some special attention since the trip is for their birthday. Suggestions on how to increase the chances of this happening are welcomed.

I would love to have anyone's suggestions and advice regarding anything on our trip. I am also wondering if the MVMCP might sell out. The night we plan to attend offers a discount for advance purchase. I would like to hold off as long as possible before purchasing (in case something comes up that we have to cancel), and I understand that these tickets are non-refundable.

Can't wait to hear from you!

merlinmagic4
09-28-2007, 05:27 PM
:birthday: to your twins early!!!!

Make sure you get birthday buttons for them at guest relations in the front of the park. They should get lots of attention :)

Have a :cloud9: trip!!

Pipalotta
09-28-2007, 05:43 PM
I second the birthday pins, maybe also hats or shirts from home as well. Make sure it is on every adr that you have that you are celebrating birthdays. Make sure you have it on you room ressie as well. Have a great time!!!

Lucyrella
09-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Well Happy Birthday to your twins.... we just got back September 2nd and celebrated our daughter's 4th birthday. She had a great time, at check in they had it already known it was her birthday and they adorned her with her birthday button and gave her many stickers. I was also asked who her favorite character was and of course it is Princess Aurora. After we had been there 2 days, we returned to our room where we found 3 birthday ballons and a card of Aurora in her blue dress in front of the castle and it was signed by her with a birthday wish. Big hit with our princess! Chef Mickey's also gave her an autographed place mat, and the Grand Floridian adorned her with a birthday tiara. I hadn't ordered a cake and asked if it could be done last minute and our server took care of that too, it was only $12 and it had 4 candles on it. The cast members of the park see her button and strike up a conversation with her and give her birthday hugs. We did the BBB as well and that was a blast. We both had fun, she had fun getting all made up, and I had fun watching it all. We also spent a day at CoCoa beach at the pier, it is only a 45 minute drive and we had a great lunch at the pier. She got to ride in the very front of the monorail with the engineer and she thought that was way cool. At the Princess breakfast in Epcot, she recieved a card signed by all the princesses. So as you can see we had a great birthday week for her, and her little sister was even given a few little surprises as well.

Hope you all have a great time,

luvourtwo
09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
This message board is so wonderful! I feel like I have bored my co-workers and family to death with "Disney", and it is great to hear from others who are just as excited. I had mentioned the twin's birthdays for our hotel reservation, but not for ADRs. I will have to call back and have that noted. It was also nice to know that they might be able to get the birthday buttons at the resort. Thanks to you all!

DisnIse
09-28-2007, 09:41 PM
If you ask a Cast Member (preferably one who is not totally busy), they can call Goofy on the phone and have him wish the birthday boy(s) a Happy Birthday.

Buttons are a must.

I found cute shirts at www.cafepress.com that can be personalized to celebrate the day.

At EPCOT, in the food court of the Land, they have special times during the day where kids can learn to bake Nestle's chocolate chip cookies. Our boys did it on their birthday, and all the kids sang to them (one person walking by assumed we brought the whole group of 20 kids to EPCOT for the party..... :oops:) Anyway, after singing, they brought the boys the biggest chocolate-y-est brownies I have ever seen.

What else? Chef Mickey is a great place to celebrate birthdays. At our oldest son's birthday, Mickey even took extra time to help him open gifts!

That's all I can think of for now. Have fun, and enjoy every second!

PS - Tell DH that my kids DO remember!

FriendsofMickey
09-29-2007, 08:31 AM
This message board is so wonderful! I feel like I have bored my co-workers and family to death with "Disney", and it is great to hear from others who are just as excited. I had mentioned the twin's birthdays for our hotel reservation, but not for ADRs. I will have to call back and have that noted. It was also nice to know that they might be able to get the birthday buttons at the resort. Thanks to you all!

I had to laugh at this. I guess it just in some of our blood to talk about Disney :D. I even go overboard when someone tells me THEY are going to Disney. (Like I am Disney's spokesperson).

Anyway,...
To answer your original question. We have taken our girls twice so far (both times before the age of four). They remember details that I have forgotten! You would be surprised just how much their little minds absorb! For example, last September we were at the Studios and my one daughter said, "Last time, this is where we saw Chicken Little."
We will be going again for their 5th Birthday. This is the first time for an actuall birthday. The first time we were there, one CM told us that we should get them pins...even though their birthday was a week away. We did not do it, but now I wish we would have. (Just because I heard they have changed the pins and they are all the same now).
Hope your little ones have a GREAT Time! :mickey:
Lori Ann

luvourtwo
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I love the T-shirt idea. They will look so cute, and they haven't dressed alike often since they were babies. Can't wait!

robyn221
10-02-2007, 04:02 PM
We just surprised my now 9-yr-old daughter with a trip to WDW for her birthday and she said it was the "best birthday . . . so far!"

Other posters have already given you great tips re: the Birthday Button (my DD wore her's EVERYWHERE!), and making sure that the reason for the trip is listed on all your ADRs (DD received a birthday card signed by several members of the staff at Boma the night before her "actual" birthday because of the ever-present button and because it was on our reservation). We also made sure to tell our "mousekeeper" that we were celebrating a birthday. She made several special towel animals for my DD (and her brother -- no one gets left out!) and even a little towel birthday cake. Callie made sure she was the first person to enter our cabin so she could find any new surprises Isabel left for her.

As per the kids not remembering, several years ago, we took my niece -- then 4 yrs old -- to WDW. She's just turned 16, and she still has some memories of the trip, but she says she doesn't remember a whole lot. The important thing is that she had a great time then and we have many wonderful stories and pictures from her trip to share with her friends and dates;).

Have a great trip!

Robyn:mickey:

4myprincesses
10-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Hello from another mom of twins :) My two princesses are only 14 mo right now though.

We've been taking the older two , thanks to grandparents that are Disney Fanatics, since the oldest was 2 and the youngest one. The oldest rememebers stuff from the trip we took at 3 years old, and much of the one at 4. She is going to turn 7 soon. I think 4 is nearly the perfect age as the world is still so magical to them and where else to go for a little magic!