PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Values

Pipalotta
09-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Ok so I have been to Disney twice before staying at value resorts both times. But both of those times was with 3 other college aged girls so I highly doubt I paid much attention to the room.

But this winter I am going with my mom and step dad who have both never been. We are staying at Pop and I am nervous. Recently I have read a few reports from people about dead frogs, bugs, mold spots on ceilings, dirty sheets and dirty rooms. We joke that since my mom never went to college she has higer living space standards.

I am the sole planner of this trip and the last thing I would want is to show up and the room be gross. My mom would never forgive me.

I know when these things happens it rare but I would die if it happened to me. Granted we went cheap since we can not see paying what we are paying for the whole trip just for one night, but still for $100 a night you want something clean atleast.

mttafire
09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
The values are absolutely fine...As for the things you heard....Never seen any of it before...NEVER, At Disney. IMHO, The values ARE as clean as the Deluxes. They just dont have all the perks.

Disneyatic
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
We have stayed at POP on 2 different occasions and both times I have had no complaints with the cleanliness of the rooms, and I am picky :blush:

I did notice on our last stay that the stairwells were dirty, they appeared to have had coffee or hot cocoa spilled on them and it was there the entire week.

Other than that, I think the resort is always pretty clean, especially considering the volume of people that are in and out of that place!

GrumpyFan
09-28-2007, 04:39 PM
We used to stay at Deluxe resorts when DW was a castmember at The Disney Store and could get big discounts. Since she's no longer a CM, we've pretty much stayed at Values (Pop Century), and not had any regrets, other than not being closer to the parks. As you can see from my signature below, we've stayed at Pop numerous times, and have not seen any of the mentioned issues. The only problem we ever experienced was a couple of years ago, before they instituted the no smoking policy, we had someone in the room below or beside us that smoked in their bathroom and the smoke smell would get into ours.

thrillme
09-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Funny...I've ALWAYS stayed at the values. I've had friends stay at the moderates. Unless having a "slide" for the pool is important to you the Values are great. My room has always been super clean and if it has any problem at all they will quickly move you to another room.

Don't worry about it. It's going to be great. I think a LOT of people put too much emphasis on a room when they're only going to be there to catch a few ZZZZ's anyway.

Now if you and your family are they type that like to hang out at a resort rather than go to the parks then maybe it would be worth upgrading.

RockChalkKimball
09-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Another vote for POP! We have stayed in several different resort hotels and have never found any of them to be anything less than perfect. As with ANY hotel, things are bound to get missed. If you feel it isn't up to par, they are always eager to make it right.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
09-28-2007, 05:59 PM
My theory is pay and stay at the Values and visit the Deluxes for meals or shopping for free. The Values are great.

#1donaldfan
09-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I seriously doubt ANY Disney property would have anything like you mentioned. I have only stayed at POR, however we've been to almost every resort, if nothing but to "nose" around....you should be fine and I'm sure you'll have a great time.....

disneymom15
09-28-2007, 06:32 PM
I agree with the above posters. I've stayed at the values at least 20 times. Only had one problem, the bed frame had lost a bolt. I called the front desk and they fixed it right away

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-28-2007, 09:07 PM
We stayed at ASMu earlier this month and the rooms were fine. Housekeeping kept everything clean and neat. I just didn't like the long bus ride to get anywhere.

baldburke
09-28-2007, 09:25 PM
We too have stayed at all levels. Each level has its own positive points. The values are just fine. Especially since most people are just there to sleep.

But...

I mus say for the nominal difference in pricing the moderates make a world of difference. You'd be amazed how much difference a few each feet in a room can be. Plus the themeing of the mods is a little nicer. and they tend ot have a few more busing options.

But if you are going in the winter and crowds might be a bit lower I would bet your mom and step dad would have fun no matter where they stay.

Good luck!

cal5755
09-28-2007, 10:28 PM
We have stayed at both POP and MUSIC and never had an issue with rooms being dirty. We are always pleased! You will have a great time I am sure!

Nekochan
09-29-2007, 10:18 AM
I do want to add that if I were to stay at a Value again, I would absolutely rent a car. Waiting for a bus and then the bus ride took out way too much time from our trip. I do have to add that I've stayed at the AS Sports, the 'swolphin' and the polynesian. I liked both the swolphin and the poly better. The transportation was better (I love the monorail, and the boats from the swolphin to MGM/Epcot are great), but staying in a nicer hotel feels more 'vacationy'. Although to be honest, I actually DO try to spend time hanging out at the hotel pool, so if you're going to be a park commando all day long and not use the room or hotel pool all that much, I would stay at a Value or a moderate and rent a car. Actually, just for a nicer room I would stay at a Moderate.

IloveDisney71
09-29-2007, 12:03 PM
I have stayed at ASM twice and Pop once. I have stayed at CBR(moderate) once. The cleanliness was exactly the same. The service was exactly the same. If you are not spending much time in your room anyway, I say take the money you save by staying in a value resort and spend that $ on souviners. :mickey:

kadesha
09-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I had a great experience at Pop, absolutely no complaints except for the long walk to my room. Accomodations were very clean and our room was in quiet area. Next time I will opt for a preferred though, so I don't have to walk as far to the buses.

MistyinAL
09-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I've stayed at both Movies and Music, and each time the rooms were great! No complaints here.

Bringonthemouse!
09-29-2007, 10:38 PM
We had a great stay at Pop also:thumbsup:
The room was absolutely spotless, until about day 2 when it was littered with our many purchases and we could hardly move!
Have a terrific vacation!
:mickey:

irish1967
09-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Pipalotta - don't forget, people will naturally post the "I saw a dead frog" post than they will post the "I stayed at (resort name) and everything was fine" post.

The result seems like there is an overabundance of problems, but in reality, there really aren't that many problems at all.

Bottom line - with an organization that big, and with the number of people flowing through the all the Disney resorts, issues can occur - the difference between Disney and other hotels is how well Disney responds to problems. I've been staying at Disney Resorts for almost 30 years and cannot think of a time when a problem hasn't been addressed appropriately.

I saw a post recently about a dirty room at the Poly (I think), and a frog can croak (pun intended) anywhere on Disney property - so the problems you are worrying really aren't things that happen ONLY at the value resorts!

Could you possibly get your mom involved in the planning process so that the responsibility of things going wrong doesn't rest entirely on your shoulders?

RedSoxandPatsfan
09-30-2007, 08:12 AM
We aso had a great stay at POP when we visited. Everything was very clean both i the rooms and on the grounds. The only downside we had was there was no table service restaurant. If you make plans to have some meals esewhere this should not be a probem for you.

You will really enjoy the themeing of this resort. There is nostalgia there for everyone from lots of different decades.

Have a great trip and enjoy!!!

disneydeb
09-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Hakuna Mutata! :thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
09-30-2007, 09:43 AM
We have at POP several times, the Sports several times, and the moderates several times. We will not stay at the deluxe unless we are planning to stay mostly at the hotel. We go to Disney for the parks so values are just fine. Never had had a problem with them. A matter of fact, the only place we did have a problem was Coronado. :mickey:

Bluesky481
09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I've stayed at both POP and ASMu and have never experienced any problems. Sure, it would be nice to have a bigger room, but we just ZZZ there anyway. :mickey:

However, I'm thinking if any of your posted scenarios were to occur, the CMs at your resort would be more than happy to resolve the situation.

Happy travels! I'll be staying at POP around the same time :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
09-30-2007, 08:17 PM
We have stayed at all the values over the past several years. NO PROBLEMS! They are a little small, but my family of 4 has had no problems staying in one room. Of course, the moderates aren't that much more, and the rooms are larger. But, again, I have not found them to be any cleaner or better kept. Just something to think about! :mickey:

adoptionislove
09-30-2007, 11:24 PM
We, too, have stayed at the POP. It was AWESOME!!! Clean, quiet and comfortable. I would recommend that you "upgrade" to a preferred room. It is so much closer to the pool and the restaurant and the bus line!

Michelle:thumbsup:

PS your mother will thank you for the wonderful trip to Disney and not yell at you!!!:mickey:

SurferStitch
10-01-2007, 06:58 AM
We usually stay deluxe, but we have stayed at Pop twice, and we absolutely loved it. Very, very clean room, no dead critters, great Mousekeeping service, and just an overall excellent experience.

No worries! Your parents will love it! :thumbsup:

Marker
10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Over the years I have stayed at 3 of the 4 value resorts, and 3 of the 4 moderate resorts.

In my experience cleanliness has never been a issue, regardless of the resort. The difference is mainly in theming and size of room. Also, value resort don't have sit down restaurant.

My guess is, if you enjoyed the value resorts before, you will again.

MickeyandTink
10-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Just got back from the World on Saturday and we stayed at PoP. The grounds were well maintained and our room cleaned up every day. Did not see any mold, dead animals, etc.

However, I was disappointed that there did not seem to be any of the extra touches I read about. No towel animals, creative room decor, etc. However, the general cleanliness was very good.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-01-2007, 08:39 PM
My husband and I stayed there last year in October and loved it. And this year were staying there again for 11 days from Nov. 7th thru 17th. ( 10 year anniversary ) We had a wonderful experience staying there and I think you will too. Have fun and don't think so much about the resort, you're not in your room long, there's so much to see when staying at Disney. Your parents will love it!!:wave: