PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning America to Host Disney’s Private Island for the Day Sweepstakes

Figment!
09-28-2007, 03:22 PM
The following has been internally announced:
On October 1st, Good Morning America will be officially announcing the extension of the Year of a Million Dreams celebration.

The show will be broadcasted live in the middle of Times Square on an 'island', which will be a backdrop of Disney's Castaway Cay as one viewer will be awarded the ultimate prize of the exclusive use of Castaway Cay for one entire day.

Good Morning America will run a two-week promotion from October 1 - October 12 in which guests can enter the sweepstakes to win the Disney's Private Island for the Day prize.

The Disney Parks segment featuring the giveaway of Disney’s Private Island for the Day will be broadcast and mentioned several times from 7am – 9am ET, with the main announcement taking place in the 8:00 am hour. Registration, Rules, and Details and are slated to be available at goodmorningamerica.com starting 10/1/07.

ElenitaB
09-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Castaway Cay for a day! That would be :cloud9:

GreenBeetle
09-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh My!! Pick Me! Pick Me! :here:

DisneyDudet
09-29-2007, 12:26 AM
My dad has talked about this as being his dream! Wouldn't be a hoot if we won!?

Oh my.. I'm going to be glued on Oct 1!

BklynChick
10-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I was in Times Square on 10/1 and saw a little tiny bit of the filming of this (right around 8am). It looked like they stopped the cameras about a moment or two after I arrived, but Mickey and Minnie were still there taking a few photos, then the handlers walked them into a tent. I tried to hang around to see if anything else would happen but they weren't allowing anyone to stay around and watch :(

ILoveLegos
10-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Did anyone else at Intercot enter this contest? It took about an hour for our "2.15 minute application video" to down load via DSL. Just wondering if the average person thought the application process was a little time consuming for entering this contest? Oh well, it was fun making the video at least and it taught my niece and nephew some of the process of being a "home movie" director. Looking forward to seeing some of the finalist's videos, who knows maybe we have a shot at a day in paradise! Well it's fun to dream, anyway. :thumbsup: