PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Royal Table?

DWFaNaTiC
09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
I have always wanted to eat there because it sounds so romantic. We are planning to maybe eat there when we go for our honeymoon in February but I have read a lot of posts about the food being bad and that it was a rip-off. I want to know the truth: will it be a magical experience with at least decent food or will I be disappointed? And if you do think it's worth going to, do you have a lunch or dinner preference?

DizneyRox
09-28-2007, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't say it's romantic... It's a VERY busy restaurant, and I would expect a lot of kids ,which normally equates to a lot of noise, which take away a lot of the romance IMHO.

I would say the you would be better off going for a Dinner instead of a lunch because of the whole cost issue, but with the DDP, cost doesn'tseem to be as much of an issue to keep people away.

I wasn't all that impressed with the food. It's acceptable, but it's definitely not fine dining at it's best.

laprana
09-28-2007, 02:15 PM
We did CRT on our 2006 trip and I had mixed feelings about it. We were there for dinner, and the food was not that great. But maybe they have changed the menu since then? I had a chicken dish that was OK, but nothing spectacular. The best part about the experience was getting to see the inside of the castle! It was so neat!! I would recommend doing CRT once just to see the dining room.

At least for the dinner, I'm not sure how romantic it would be for your honeymoon. It seems like it's much more geared for kids. When we were there, the Fairy Godmother and two of the mice from Cinderella went through the dining room and interacted with guests. Then, there was lots of loud, loud, loud singing of Bibbidi Bobbity Boo. Seems like it went on forever. Like I said, it's good for kids and really cool to see inside the castle. Other than that, I didn't think it was worth the $$$ price. There are probably other restaurants that are better for a romantic dinner, like Artist Point at WL or California Grill at CR (and they probably have much better food!). But, if you've always wanted to go to CRT, you should give it a try!

illini
09-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Romantic is not a word I'd use to describe CRT. For breakfast and lunch, there are characters. At dinner, the characters don't come to the table but they do put on a show. There will be about a zillion kids.

I'd go to one of the Signature Restaurants at one of the resorts if you want a romantic dinner and good food. While we've always found the breakfast at CRT to be pretty good (lots of yummy fruit), I don't think I'd be particularly fond of lunch or dinner. It's preplated elsewhere and reheated in the castle. Why spend the $$ or two TS credits on that when you can use the same at California Grill?

KylesMom
09-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm in agreement - fairytale-like for kids, but I don't see it as romantic any longer for adults with the advent of all characters.

For the money you'd spend, I'd take it elsewhere to a place that will sweep you off your feet!:cloud9:

LoriMistress
09-28-2007, 05:09 PM
I've always wanted to eat here. So DH and I are planning to eat here for Breakfast in December. I've heard mix reviews about their food. Though, every agrees the theming is great.

Hayden's Dad
09-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Let's just put it this way we are taking our son for breakfast and dinner one day and lunch for another :D. Obsessed no we aren't obsessed. I know the food is how most people base their experience, but you get to eat in Cinderella's Castle, and in my opinion that's what is worth it to me.

KarenP
09-28-2007, 06:06 PM
I think everyone should eat in the castle at least once. I have only eaten there for breakfast. I was expecting the worst as far as food is concerned and was pleasantly surprised.

Lucyrella
09-28-2007, 06:13 PM
The castle is an experience whether you are a child or and adult. It would be worth putting on your itinerary for sure. We were seated next to a table where they were celebrating a birthday, a girl was turning 21, and she also recieved quite a gift..... an engagement ring... I thought it was pretty romantic, they were seated close to a window and the sun was going down. Her fiance had the ring placed in a crystal glass slipper and placed on top of the cake.... :cloud9:

As far as the food, not extravagent, but good. We had the prime rib and it was fine.

Just my 2 cents worth on the matter,

#1donaldfan
09-28-2007, 06:18 PM
I tend to agree with most of the other comments.....it WILL be full of children, which I have three, but since your looking for a romanitc spot, ummmm, I dunno......you have to do it once though, just like the other have said......it's a beautiful place.....romantic, maybe if no one else shows, but thats highly unlikely......have fun in whatever you choose.....

kathiep
09-28-2007, 07:58 PM
We just had dinner there 2 weeks ago. It's not romantic. My DH had this on the list for our DD. I was OK with it but not overly excited.

That being said, it was a terrific experience to be inside the castle.

We had a window seat overlooking Fantasy Land and it was incredible. Being inside the castle is something I now feel everyone should experience at least once. It was one of the highlights of my trip.

There was a short show with the mice and the fairy godmother. It lasted maybe 15 minutes.

The food was acceptable. Not a lot of selection but I wouldn't not go back because of the food. The service was terrific.

If you have always wanted to eat there, you should definately go. Just don't be expecting a quiet, intimate dinner.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-29-2007, 04:17 AM
CRT = Romantic? When did that happen? Loud, excited children cannot possibly be romantic.

But yes, I agree that everyone should eat in the castle at least once.....when they have kids themselves.

Romantic for me, I would say maybe somewhere in EPCOT where you can watch Illuminations, or maybe Tony's at MK. Oh, California Grill at Contemporary might be nice too. Or you can go all out and go for Victoria and Alberts at Floridain. The resorts tend to have a nice selection of TS locations that are nice.

My top resorts that can be romantic just in walking around - Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club and Boardwalk (notice a trend?). Boardwalk has a number of good restaurants on the pier there, including Flying Fish and Spoodles. Afterwards, you can visit either Atlantic City Dance or Jellyrolls (which I strongly recommend). Or perhaps continue walking along the pathways over to the Beach Club and sharing a sundae at Beaches and Cream (you can also walk this from Epcot as well).

dolphinmickey9170
09-29-2007, 06:03 AM
I vote for Cali Grill too. It is a much more "romantic" atmosphere if you plan you dinner around Wishes! We had a wonderful anniversary dinner, got to see Wishes from the top of the Contemporary, and we truly enjoyed ourselves. The food is much more superior to CRT. Don't get me wrong, I love the theme, but if you want romantic, I would save that for a different day.

I wouldn't skip the castle meal, but I prefer the breakfast.

illini
09-29-2007, 02:51 PM
I wanted to clarify my original remarks. I don't think you should NOT eat in the castle because it really is something everyone should experience. The setting is spectacular, IMO. I just don't think that it's the place to go for a ~romantic~ meal.

I think that for the food, breakfast is your best bet there. We actually enjoyed it (though we might have been lucky and hit good days), and most breakfast items suffer less from being reheated.

Anyhoo, I didn't want to deter you from eating there at all, but just make it clear that it's not a romantic, intimate restaurant with outstanding food. :mickey:

krorx
09-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Romantic, no, but fun, yes. We had breakfast there and the food wasn't bad. Standard fare I'd say. If you're looking for romantic, I'd say California Grill during fireworks would be tops. And much better food. :cool:

tiaramom
09-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Is There A Short Show With Fairy Godmother And Mice At Breakfast Time?

Jared
09-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Cinderella's Royal Table is definitely worth trying once for the experience. The food isn't good. The service may be mediocre. But unless you win a special prize, the meal will be your only opportunity to actually go inside Cinderella Castle.

The view is probably worth one lunch or dinner, despite the ridiculous prices.

nicole48040
09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
If you are looking for romantic head to Epcot and you can book two meals for the price of CRT. Epcot has the best selection of unique and more "adult" dining. I understand the castle is a beautiful idea but the price just doesn't match up.

rj
09-29-2007, 09:42 PM
For a romantic dinner and awesome food try Artist Point at WL. Don't forget to the the smoky mushroom soup - it is great.

DWFaNaTiC
09-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Well thanks everybody for your input. I guess I should clarify: I always knew there would be kids and characters and other potentially distracting things. I guess I shouldn't have used the word "romantic"; I meant to me just the idea of being in the castle was romantic. I guess I was just wondering about the food and the view and general atmosphere. If the food is terrible, and the inside isn't worth checking out I wouldn't want to go. But to me, at least so far, it sounds like the inside of the castle is worth checking out. Now I'm just worried about the food! I've always wanted to go, so I think I will go and just hope for the best! :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I think you'll enjoy it!

We had our last honeymoon dinner at CRT, and granted this was before the Fairy Godmother and mice, but I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

They treated me like a princess the whole time we were there, special table set-up, we got CRT champagne glasses to take home, there is something so magical about being in the castle, it was a perfect honeymoon dinner, at least for DH and me :thumbsup:

Nicki'sMom
09-30-2007, 02:11 PM
I did not find the food to be bad at all! I was totally expectng it to be terrible with all the reviews I had read but I had a great piece of salmon and my husband had the major duomo's. I think people are so overly critical of Disney dining. I would go for dinner if I didn't have a child with me. I think there is only the godmother for characters. Have a great trip:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
09-30-2007, 07:54 PM
I would definitely go at least once! As a 44 year old father of 2, I absolutely love the place! The characters are great, and the food is good (IMHO). I like their breakfast very well! :mickey: