PDA

View Full Version : Young and the Restless question..

threeh
09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
I haven't watched it in a while but now that all my kids are in shcool have turned it on during the day. I'm soo behind, but here's what I was wondering...
How did Sharon end up with Jack and Nick with Phyliss?? I also saw on the Y&R web site that Sharon's daughter Cassie had died, what happened?? And how did Ashley and Amber switch shows.

Thanks!!

KarenP
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Cassie was in a car accident with Daniel. He was drinking so she drove him home and wrecked.

Nicholas and Sharon's marriage broke up after Cassie died. They grew apart and he fell in love with Phyllis. Sharon and Jack were both lonely after losing Nick and Phyllis and that is how they became involved. Even though they married, I do not think they are truly in love.

I know Ashley was written out of Y& R and shortly after she was on B&B. i think Amber was off of B&B for some time before appearing on Y&R.

Okay I have a question too if anyone knows. I missed a lot of Y&R this summer. Phyllis and Nikki were very good friends and business partners. Now Nikki hates Phyllis. How did that come about?

DessertDivaFL
09-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Nikki doesn't like Phyllis because of her blackmailing Brad to vote for Neil to get the open Newman Board seat instead of her. Phyllis was supporting Nick and they needed Neil on the board so Phyllis told Brad that she would tell Victoria and she knew about Sharon and Brad's one-night-stand in NY.

Hope that helps.

d_m_n_n
09-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Jack + Sharon = :sick: :ill: :ack:

Disney Babe
09-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Does anyone else think the show has gone downhill a lot? I stopped watching it because it got so boring and all the story lines are pretty convuluted. Plus, I can't stand Amber, the winy cry baby. I feel sorry for the actress because I think she could be really good, but she's stuck acting basically the same way over and over. I didn't know the character was on the other show.

The only group of characters I like anymore are Gloria, Kevin, and Michael. I totally love the actress who plays Gloria and I always liked Gloria's character. Gutsy and strong, yet vulnerable and loving. But, what happened with William was really dumb - how his twin brother just happened to show up after he died.

I think so much more could have been done with the characters and the show, but for about 4 months or so they have been treading water - or retreading it.

TheDuckRocks
10-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Sharon with anybody = :sick::ack:
I am just so tired of her fooling around with other men at the drop of a hat.
And what the heck are the writers doing with the Nikki character? She has become the most self involued person on the show, never thought there would come a time that I didn't like her.
And the biggest surprise for me is how much I've come to like Phyllis and I really think she and Nick are cute and funny together.

teambricker04
10-01-2007, 08:35 PM
I started watching Y&R about a year ago or so after about a 5+ year hiatus. I must say I am an ADDICT!!! I even got my mom watching it again.

Yeah, Jack and Sharon is gross. I don't care for Nikki or Victor right now, and I think the Victoria and JT thing is stupid. I can't stand Amber, but I like Kane. My favorites are Gloria, Michael, and Kevin also. They could speed the Jana thing up a bit.

I think Victoria's baby is going to be Brads. I think Gloria is going to get busted on the cream stuff. I think that Jill and Catherine are going to make up... again.

Disney Babe
10-02-2007, 01:24 AM
I feel bad for Jill, she's been through so much. The writers need to find her a real prince charming who will heal her sadness.

I like that NIkki got a younger man! I thought it was interesting that when she become a politician she got a Hillary haircut (sort of). I think her character goes through stages when she is self involved, so she may come out of it.

I wish Victor's fresh look on life would have stuck, now he's back to being a drag and there's not much going on with him.

LauraleeH
10-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Y&R is gonna be soooo good next week!!! :thumbsup::cloud9:

2Epcot
10-16-2007, 03:18 AM
I wish Victor's fresh look on life would have stuck, now he's back to being a drag and there's not much going on with him.

Victor wouldn't be Victor if he wasn't mean and yelling at someone. The fresh look Victor was a nice change, but you knew it couldn't last.

poeticeclipse
10-16-2007, 04:45 PM
How funny that you all are chatting about Y&R! I only get to catch up on what is going on once in a while. Sometimes my mom (a watcher since the show started in the 70's) fills me in. She has never missed an episode. How sick?! haha!

I DO NOT like Sharon and Jack together. I love them seperately. They are both two of my favorite actors on the show. I miss Nick being normal and not with Phyllis whom I strongly dislike and have for years. I honestly don't keep up on Nikki and Victor as well as Victoria. I miss the old Victoria.

On a sidenote: Who would you like to see come back? My number one would be Michael Damian reprising his role as Danny Romalati *sp* Boy did I have a crush on him when I was a kid. I would love to see him and Cricket get back together. That would make all right in the world of Y&R.

threeh
10-19-2007, 07:39 AM
On a sidenote: Who would you like to see come back? My number one would be Michael Damian reprising his role as Danny Romalati *sp* Boy did I have a crush on him when I was a kid. I would love to see him and Cricket get back together. That would make all right in the world of Y&R.

Ok, that is funny because I know right where you are coming from, Danny Romalati:cloud9:
Didn't he come back for a while?? My grandma used to watch Y&R in the 70's. Remember when Jill miscarried Jack's baby while she was married to John Abbot?? Those were the days!!!

Red Randal
10-19-2007, 05:06 PM
I was forced to watch a few episodes of Y&R on SoapNet while at Disney last week. Sadly, I am now interested to know what happens. Darn soaps. ;)

KarenP
10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Does anyone watch Y&R's sister soap Bold and Beautiful? I just read that Hunter Tylo's 19 year old son was found dead at their home from drowning. How incredibly awful!

GA girl
10-23-2007, 10:39 AM
The soap opera book said that one of the major characters was going to die in building collapse. Who do you think that it is going to be. I am thinking Vikki?:confused:

KarenP
10-23-2007, 10:56 AM
The soap opera book said that one of the major characters was going to die in building collapse. Who do you think that it is going to be. I am thinking Vikki?:confused:

My guess is Amber.

threeh
10-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Does anyone watch Y&R's sister soap Bold and Beautiful? I just read that Hunter Tylo's 19 year old son was found dead at their home from drowning. How incredibly awful!

That is so sad.
I watched B&B as well, how very sad for her.

TigChatt
10-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Y&R cant kill off Amber. It's written in her contract with them that they cant kill or write her out. I really dont like her. I also read spoilers. I know who is most likely going this week. I'm upset if its who they are leading it on to be. VERY upset.

TheDuckRocks
10-24-2007, 09:53 AM
OK, at present who all do we still have in the garage?
Jack (No, no! Please no! But I think this just might be the one to go. No)
Katherine (Y&R would not be the same without her)
Cane (Oh, please keep this hunk around)
Amber (good-bye would not be a loss)
JT (have always loved JT even when he used to be a jerk)
Good old Professor Whats-His-Name (not one my favorite characters as you can tell)
Victoria (love the new actress playing her, would hate to see her leave the show)
Did I miss anyone?

d_m_n_n
10-24-2007, 10:33 AM
My money would be on Katherine. How many years has this woman been on the show...maybe she is ready for retirement? :confused: If anything this would definitely be a dramatic exit for her (or anyone for that matter).

I have to admit that even though some of their scenes are cheesy with the slow-motion, etc. I teared up yesterday when Lauren, Maggie, Paul and Noah were rescued. :blush:

In regards to Hunter Tylo, I feel so sorry for her family. It seems like they have so much bad luck with her daughter's cancer and now this. Deepest sympathy to her family. I have heard that B&B have let her out of her contract early...kudos for them for doing the right thing.

***Oh, I was so wrong! What a tough old broad that Katherine is! So is anyone up to guessing?

Still trapped so far:
Jack - seen nodding off
Adrienne - have we even seen him?
Victoria - have we seen her either? (please note...I use TIVO and very rarely watch the entire show..may have missed them)

I don't know who to go with now. If it was Jack, I figured he'd get a visit from John...ohhh the suspense is killin' me!!

TigChatt
10-24-2007, 05:07 PM
See I dont get the point of this storyline. Almost everyone is getting out alive. It looks to be either Jack or Victoria. Victoria is up for maternity leave soon. I love that Vicki and JT are married in real life and having a baby.

glenpreece
10-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Victoria is going to go into a coma for awhile so she can leave and have her baby in real life. I don't think any main characters are going to die now. Jack made it out today and some other unknown guy was found dead. Adrian and Vikki are fine except for her getting hit with a piece of rubble. The "cause" of her coma.

TigChatt
10-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah the only reason that they came up with this storyline is for her. Seriously they couldnt have just say let her take a vacation to Italy before the baby was born?!? Like a maybe let her and JT pull a fast wedding and take a honeymoon in Italy? That would have been romantic......oh wait we are going for ratings...

glenpreece
10-25-2007, 07:30 PM
I will admit though i was tearing up a few times over this past week or so. It was a good event but very predictable.