PDA

View Full Version : Early October crowds?

Mickey 101
09-28-2007, 12:43 AM
We are going to WDW October 5-11......only 7 days to go!!! I was wondering if anyone has been there over Columbus Day weekend. I'm sure the long weekend together with MNSSHP and Food & Wine Festival will impact crowd levels. We survived holiday crowds last December, but just want to be mentally prepared. The weather also looks iffy with quite a bit of heat and t-storms possible. I guess I'm getting a little nervous. :confused: We've never been this time of year, so would appreciate any pointers. Thank you!

faline
09-28-2007, 05:39 AM
Years ago, this used to be a wonderful time to be in the World. It has gotten busier over time. Holiday weekends always increase the crowds. I'd expect at least moderate crowds.

ddcrna
09-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Faline, what do you think about Oct 11-27??

Carol
09-28-2007, 07:40 AM
I've vacationed 3 times during that week - and will be there at that time this year. The crowds are definitely present - but manageable.

I truly do hate the weather in October. It's hot and very humid. Makes me cranky. :ack:

I wished they'd move the Halloween party to January. :thedolls:

CanadianWDWFan
09-28-2007, 08:20 AM
The crowds have just got to be lower than anyother time we have gone. Compared to the summer crowds this time should be a cake walk.

I didn't realize that there was a US holiday weekend in October. Does everyone get it off? I know a bunch of folks in the Northern States that don't get it at all. Here all this time I thought that the Canadian Thanksgiving :turkey:weekend would be a good weekend to go. Oh well, I'll still be at WDW!:cloud9:

faline
09-28-2007, 08:36 AM
I wished they'd move the Halloween party to January. :thedolls:

They sort of did - but they called it the Pirates & Princess Party! :D

faline
09-28-2007, 08:38 AM
I didn't realize that there was a US holiday weekend in October. Does everyone get it off? ...Here all this time I thought that the Canadian Thanksgiving :turkey:weekend would be a good weekend to go.

I beleve that Columbus Day falls on Canadian Thanksgiving day.
Columbus Day is a federal holiday in the U.S. While not everyone gets it off, many people do!

CanadianWDWFan
09-28-2007, 08:46 AM
I beleve that Columbus Day falls on Canadian Thanksgiving day.
Columbus Day is a federal holiday in the U.S. While not everyone gets it off, many people do!
I see that on my calender now! :blush: Thanks Linda! I can't wait to meet you all at the meet!

Still I don't see the crowds being an issue as they are during busier times.

faline
09-28-2007, 08:50 AM
I look forward to meeting you!

I think the crowds will be heavier than I would like - especially when I look at the posted park hours! However, whatever the crowds may be, we'll deal and we'll still have fun!

Dyanna
09-28-2007, 10:03 AM
See if this helps. The hotels are almost sold out & MK will be open until 3am on Sunday Oct 7th to accomadate the large crowds they are expecting. It is fall recess for many southern states so it will be pretty crowded. We are arriving on the 6th leaving on the 12 so we too will be expecting the large crowds but if there are less we will welcome it.