PDA

View Full Version : Yavn Speaks 9/27

cEveArdenfan
09-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I hope I'm not taking anybody's job by posting Yavn Speaks. Here it is! If anybody has the ability to post photos that would be nice.:flower:

9/27 – Live and direct from VMK Central, it's the latest VMK news! In this exciting edition we've got news about the month of October and an update on the CL program. Plus, the scoop on the latest update to the VMK Trading Card Game! And now, with this and much more, heeeeerrre's Yavn!

Yavn Returns

Hello again! It's yours truly, back again with another exciting edition of Yavn Speaks. I know, I know – "Where have you been?? What have you been up to? What's going on with VMK?" Well, like most of you, since summer's over I had to get back to work – in fact, myself and the rest of the VMK team have been hard at work on lots of very cool additions – you'll find out what we've been up to soon enough, but right now let's take a look at what's on tap for the month ahead:

Take Me To Your Leader

First up, some news you've been waiting for about our Community Leader program – we've talked about this before, we're in the process of re-working the program. I'll tell you about how the new system will work in a future Newsletter, but for now the current program's being put on hold as of October 24, 2007.

If you're currently a CL, the CL status will be removed from your title/character name on October 24th.

Remember, don't get upset if didn't get a chance to be a CL. We're re-tooling the program to make it better, so you'll have more chances. We'll have more details soon. Stay tuned!

Leaving the Magic Kingdom

As you already know, we're closing VMK Central at the Magic Kingdom Park on September 30, 2007 – this will be the last day you can Quest in-Park at the Magic Kingdom. As I've said before, as time goes by we're changing the way Quests, rewards, and other parts of VMK work. The game, very much like our theme parks, is always changing. We've always tried to experiment with unique ways of doing things, like in-Park Questing, and we'll continue to do that (for example, we'll still be doing cool stuff in the Parks, like the merchandise cards and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Quest) – but those things won't revolve just around VMK Central.

Thanks to everyone that Quested in-Park at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Remember you can still play the Finding Nemo Submarine Quest at Disneyland (but hurry, it will be ending soon). So if you can, get to the Magic Kingdom and Quest this weekend!

Now that we got that news out of the way, here are some announcements I'm sure you want to hear:

Fall In!

The leaves are turning color, school is back in session, candy and Halloween costumes have taken over your local drug store – it can only mean one thing – Halloween is right around the corner! At VMK Central, we're getting some very special treats ready for you – like some new avatar costumes, a special end of the month Halloween-themed event and the return of the weekend pin!

VMK's getting ready for a spooktacular Halloween. Items like this Mickey Pumpkin hat will be coming in October!

This is just a sample of all the cool stuff we have coming! Besides all the Halloween treats, we're working on cool stuff for the months ahead too – I'll have more details on that in a future Newsletter, so stay tuned.

VMK Trading Card: Advanced

It's been a few weeks since we've talked about the Trading Card game, if you haven't played it yet, be sure to check it out in the VMK Arcade. We rolled out the Basic version to give you a chance to try the game, in the next few weeks we'll introduce the Advanced version of the game!

That's right, I said the advanced version – this version will have lots more features – like the ability to play against another player instead of just the computer! Plus, you'll be able to collect and build your own virtual set of cards! And yes, you WILL be able to play for and win virtual items from the VMK Trading Card Game in this version.

VMK Trading Card Game: Advanced – coming soon!

What's Your Dream?

Finally, what do you guys think of Dreams Month? We're really excited to be making our players dreams come true! Remember the program randomly places Host in certain places at certain times – so they don't know where they will be in advance. Plus, the VMK Dream item they give is generated by our system – so they can only give out what they're supposed to. so while asking a Host for a Dreams Reward is nice, don't be mad at them when they can't give you something, they have to follow the program so it's fair for everyone!

One of the VMK Dreams items, the Castle Suite, it's well, Sweet!

That's a Wrap!

Alright then, I've got to get back to testing the advanced version of the Trading Card Game! Since I'm super, super busy, I know my column may not be updated as frequently as you'd like, just remember my pal Push updates weekly (in addition to the other sections), so be sure to keep checking the whole Newsletter for the latest VMK News.

I'll be back with some more exciting VMK news soon, until then, see you in the game.

- Yavn

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Wow a new leader program eh? This will cause a riot, it will :D It'd be sad for some since you'd have to give up part of your title that you had for a long time.

chrisb26
09-27-2007, 08:28 PM
First off I have to do this :eyes: :jaw: :eek: :faint: because there is a new Newsletter.

Wow so no more CL that is surprising wasn't expecting that they would take away leaders status like that. What is Cita going to do? She will have two characters with the same title.

Excited about the tiny bit of information he had about Halloween I guess we'll have to wait for his next newsletter to hear more so that will probably be the 25th of October. Also with my luck that hat or something else cool will come out on Halloween when I'm at the reall Kingdom. But I think I'd rather be there anyways ;)

I'm also glad to see that the weekend pin will be back! I was kinda bummed out this month when there wasn't one. Also sounds like their will be new costumes!!! I'm so glad I've been saving my credits!

Basically the rest of the newsletter like so many others was a waste. Nothing exciting about that trading card game so it will go live soon that is good and it will have stuff for the game but didn't we know all that already??? Could have sparred us some more details.

Also how long could it possibly take to make a newsletter out of your week 10 minutes :confused: Is he really that busy he cant spare us 10 minutes?

mickeynuts
09-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm glad to see the leader news. The program has not worked out to be what it was meant to be and starting all over seems the best idea to me. Back when they changed me from CL_Mamacita to CL_Cita they told me that if I ever gave up the leader title I could have Mamacita back. I hope that's still true, I already wrote to contact us about it, so I'm hoping they will still let me.
:cool: Laura

Jeremy
09-27-2007, 08:43 PM
i am so excited about the Halloween stuff coming.
like the Mickey Pumpkin hat cool i cant wait for it.:cool:
and pins WOOT!!!:thumbsup:

chrisb26
09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm glad to see the leader news. The program has not worked out to be what it was meant to be and starting all over seems the best idea to me. Back when they changed me from CL_Mamacita to CL_Cita they told me that if I ever gave up the leader title I could have Mamacita back. I hope that's still true, I already wrote to contact us about it, so I'm hoping they will still let me.

That is true leaders don't serve much purpose anymore. I know they used to help with events and such but that hasn't happened for a while now. I'm sure some will be happy that they wont be attacked with friend requests anymore lol

Intresting about your title. Why would they take it away if they would let you have it back if you where not a community leader? That doesn't really make sense.

mickeynuts
09-27-2007, 09:03 PM
She told me they didn't want leaders to have parent type titles. Didn't make sense that it only applied to leaders but it apparantly did. There were a couple of other leaders with variations of mom and dad that got changed also, but I've seen many names like that around without the CL. She did say I could have it back without the CL part though, so we will see.

cheshirecollector
09-27-2007, 09:04 PM
So, let's see what we can look forward to this October:

1) VMK crashing every day that new Halloween stuff comes out (assuming it's the same amount as last year, but they don't announce it ahead of time).

2) The virtual card game crashing the first day that the prizes become available.

3) VMK crashing during the end-of-Halloween event.

:D

Seriously, I hope they give us an idea of how long certain items will be out, so players don't go crazy over anything expensive. I also hope they have as much of a selection as they did last year.

JPL
09-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I find it Hilarious that we get a Yavn Speaks when lots of sources point to Yavn not working for Disney any more.

Randypandy
09-28-2007, 01:50 AM
I was so excited when i read the newsletter. :D. I can't wait to get the mickey pumpkin hat. :mpumpkin: I hope the costumes are pretty good. i got enough credits saved. i have 323,396 credits so far.

WDWfanatic742
09-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Just for reading for two seconds, it didn't really even sound like the way he talks/types. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Finally, they get rid of the leader system. Horrible system that never worked like it should have. I wonder if we will get our titles back when they do work out what they will change or not.

Not much of a newletter as we already knew about the leader system changing and Halloween items coming. The only real news is that we now know a date for the titles to go away, and that they haven't already given up on the Trading Card Game.

varcity
09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm not saying anything.... just going to agree with fan's last paragraph.

It was worth the two month wait -_-

chrisb26
09-28-2007, 11:53 AM
I find it Hilarious that we get a Yavn Speaks when lots of sources point to Yavn not working for Disney any more.

Just for reading for two seconds, it didn't really even sound like the way he talks/types. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Well I noticed the grammar right when I started reading it you could tell that it wasn't him. Maybe he just got a new "editor" again. I personally think that maybe Yavn is like one of the characters at Disney World well a lesser liked character. But it is like a person under the costume. Pluto can be walking around but not always same person wearing the costume. Maybe that is like Yavn. His little avatar person is there it's just somebody else working him now :D

TinkRocks
09-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Anyone else keeping a list of stuff that has been mentioned in a newsletter or in the game that hasn't happened yet?

Flying Carpet Magic
Epcot Pins
Trading Card Game

I'll believe it all when I see it...

chrisb26
09-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Anyone else keeping a list of stuff that has been mentioned in a newsletter or in the game that hasn't happened yet?

Flying Carpet Magic
Epcot Pins
Trading Card Game

I'll believe it all when I see it...

Well Flying Carpet Magic I wouldn't hold my breath on. As far as the Epcot pins and Trading card game I know that the Epcot pins are a card in that game so I'm guessing they will both come out at the same time but who knows when that will be.

varcity
09-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Well, I don't know if this is a stretch or not, but maybe the "real" yavn got in some trouble for that meet he did. It was just a thought I came up with while in my calc class today. Don't know if that would have any effect on his job status or not.

Chescat
09-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Well, I don't know if this is a stretch or not, but maybe the "real" yavn got in some trouble for that meet he did. It was just a thought I came up with while in my calc class today. Don't know if that would have any effect on his job status or not.
It wasn't. Make A Wish set up that whole trip and the Disney corporate was involved. So if there was a problem in the first place, the meet would never have occured. They were given the Cinderella Suite and the whole bit.

People tend to forget when getting mad about that meet, that the kid has cancer and not everybody qualifies for this type of thing. Our thoughts should be toward that he will beat this and be able to live a normal life. :(

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-29-2007, 01:53 PM
People tend to forget when getting mad about that meet, that the kid has cancer and not everybody qualifies for this type of thing. Our thoughts should be toward that he will beat this and be able to live a normal life. :(

Amazing sometimes how some people overlook that kind of thing :(

WDWfanatic742
10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Changing the subject a little:

Here's something I was interested in when thinking in my boring computer class right now. Do you think that CL_'s should be given something when they do get their badge and title's taken away?

varcity
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM
they need to reevaluate this host system...

minicheese
10-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I can't wait until the new trading card game comes out! :mickey:

Patricia
10-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I think many are waiting for that card game.. personally I don't have time to even try it.

JPL
10-19-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm looking forward to the swag from the game not the game itself :thumbsup: