PDA

View Full Version : Evening EMH at Animal Kingdom

princessM0m
09-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Has anyone done this? What did you think? We have an opportunity to do this on our next trip so I'd like some feedback.

Quasimodo
09-27-2007, 02:52 PM
We did it back in August. I was a little disappointed in it. Kilimanjaro Safaris was closed as was everything else in Africa. I expected the safari to be closed as it was dark, but was surprised the entire Africa section was closed. The Finding Nemo show was closed too. This was the real disappointment as we haven't seen it yet.

Its Tough To Be A Bug was open as were most of the rides in Dinoland. Not sure if Kali River Rapids was open. We didn't want to ride it in the dark, so we never checked.

On the good side, my wife and daughter were able to ride Everest three times with little to no wait. I didn't ride because it makes me feel sick.
All-all-all it wasn't bad. Its worth doing if nothing else is open late and you aren't planning on doing early EMH the next morning. It is cool to see AK at night with the street lights on.

cal5755
09-27-2007, 03:01 PM
We went for EMH on 9/19. We saw the 4:30 showing of the FOTLK then we got our bands. We went on the safari and there were lots of animals out. It had drizzled off and on so the weather was great that day. We went on BUG and then we left for our ADR in epcot.. DH and DD8 stayed behind to ride Mount Everest and actually made it to the bus to ride with us. Well it was the second bus. We waited for one bus to leave and then stood in line.... anway the lines are very short during emh at AK. That was our experience anyway.

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I agree... if you have some time, go for it! Unfortunately many things are closed due to lighting and live animals... I wouldn't make it a "must-do" for your vacation... Have fun!! :mickey: