PDA

View Full Version : Disney Magic for the soul

MouseDAD74
09-27-2007, 12:55 PM
What are your most magical Disney moments from around the parks or ship? One of ours that might be our top magical moment, happened on the Disney Magic Cruise Ship. While looking through the photo gallery, Cinderella, in all of her splendor, gracefully ascended the stairs. When she reached the top, a look of recognition and a bright smile preceeded a "Hello Kevin!" Then she walked over to our son and took him into her arms for a huge embrace. We still do not know exactly how she knew our son, but what a great thrill for Cinderella to remember your name!:mickey:

Disneyatic
09-27-2007, 01:06 PM
We have only been to WDW 2 times but have already created a liftetime of unforgettable memories!
One of the most magical memories from our last trip is my daughter's first ride on TestTrack. She's not exactly a thrill ride type of girl....but she loved it and I will never forget the sound of her "WOOOHOOOO" on the fast track part. Everytime I think of that it makes me smile and I'll always be able to hear it inside my head!

JohnHMCWYG
09-27-2007, 01:19 PM
My most magical moment, as stated in a previous thread, was when I was dancing in public at Pleasure Island during the day. I attracted a crowd that was cheering me on like you wouldn't believe. I felt magic and respect.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

ElenitaB
09-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Besides the moments of magic that have touched my DS, I've had two personal moments of Disney magic for the soul.

The first came in late November 2001 when I was between two courses of chemo, and we were at an EMH. I stayed behind (on an ECV) in the hub while my DS and his godmother went off to ride Splash and BTTM. I was just sitting watching the Castle when Dale came over, patted my bald head which was covered by a scarf, and put his arms around me. I was so touched.

The second came in May 2006 and we had finally made it back to WDW after a rocky road that started in August 2005, and only a few days after having surgery. I was with PolyGirl40, her family, and ChipnDaleGal. During Wishes, Donna leaned over and told me, "Healing isn't only done by doctors."

I'm sitting here crying... thinking of all the Disney Magic for the Soul moments we've been blessed with over the years. Donna is so right... pixie dust can help one heal just as much as traditional medicine.

disneymom15
09-27-2007, 03:15 PM
My special memory is from X-mas 04. We had a grand gathering which included my MIL. She was so excited for this trip. She had never been more than 200 miles away from home. On Sept 17, she passed away.

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-27-2007, 03:32 PM
My most magical memory is from our Honeymoon trip in Dec of '06... We went to MVMCP, and there was one moment when we were watching Wishes, sipping hot chocolates (it was freezing!), it was snowing on Main Street and we were snuggled together to keep warm... *sigh* what a perfect way to start a life together... I could get teary eyed just thinking about it... :fworks:

I am sure my next magical moment will be when we take our babies for the first time... Lots of crying on that trip to be sure!! :baby::baby:

cal5755
09-27-2007, 03:35 PM
ok ElenitaB ... it is a good thing I keep tissues my my computer!! That was truly magic for the soul.

In 2005 by dd Michelle was dressed as Tink at the AK and as we entered FOTLK a cm took her by the hand and she skipped and waved to everyone in the stands as the cm guided her around the circle!! Her wings bobbing behind her and her waving with everyone clapping!Amazing... and now everytime we go to AK the girls have to wear Tink.

This year it was when the girls went to see the princess in the judges tent. I still can't beleive DH and DS wouldnt stand in line with us because they missed the magical moment of the vacation! My 4 year old Jaquelynn was beside herself with joy and her face alone was priceless. Both girls had done the BBB and Jaquelynn was Aurora and Michelle was Jasmine. First Aurora had a loveley convo about matching dresses with Jaquelynn and one with Michelle about how Jasmine often takes her on carpet rides.
Next was Cinderella... Michelle says to her "don't you remember when you held my baby sister in your arms the last time we saw you and you didnt want to give her back?" Cinderella said "oh yes I do remember that and my how she has grown up since I last saw her" Then she conversed with both of the girls and Michelle sang a dream is a wish to Cinderella. They got pictures and Michelle went to belle while Jaquelynn lingered on wiht Cinderella. Michelle then sings to Belle and is talking to her and I look over at Jaquelynn puzzled as to why she is still sitting with Cinderella.... then Cinderella claps and leads Jaquelynn to belle and tells me... Mom you just missed Jackie singing me the good ship lollipop. I could not believe the amount of time the princess spent with the girls!! It was truly amazing and something I will never forget. Belle and Cinderella both asked for Michelle to sing another song for them and then Jaquelynn and Michelle both signed an autgraph book a cm had!! It was beyond magical.

threeh
09-27-2007, 04:16 PM
. I was just sitting watching the Castle when Dale came over, patted my bald head which was covered by a scarf, and put his arms around me. I was so touched.

Oh my...that brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing it. true Disney magic!!!:thumbsup:

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-27-2007, 04:51 PM
You know what must be amazing, to be the CM behind the character that has the ability to make magic for someone else. What a great job that must be! :tink:

IloveDisney71
09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
My dad died from cancer when I was 11. He loved to take us to Disney World. Epcot opened the year he got sick and I remember how excited he was to be able to take us there. By that time he was in a wheelchair and we knew he didn't have much longer with us. I will never forget how helpful and accomodating all of the CM's were so he could enjoy all of the attractions with us. It was just a magical experience to be able to go there with my dad. He always loved technology and adventure and I know that that experience meant the world to him too. :mickey:

martinfamily5
09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
One of the most magical trips ever for me was in 1980. My parents were divorced and Daddy did not come around very much. When he did he would say "What do you guys (my brother and I) want to do?" We always said go to Disney, but never got to. We lived in Florida. Then in the summer of 1980 he came one day and said ok. So the next day we got up and drove to Disney. It rained the whole day. We all got the yellow ponchos with Mickey on the back. There were no lines and we rode everything at MK. That was when MK was the only park. It was a wonderful trip and a wonderful memory of a dad that we didn't have very many wonderful memories of. Later that summer he told us that he had cancer. He died in April 1981.

mouseketeer mom
10-03-2007, 06:24 AM
We were at MNSSHP back in 2005. We were waiting for the parade to start and CM's with bags of candy were talking to the crowds, handing out candy..and one asked the kids to do something, like tell a joke, do a trick or something before he gave them the candy. My DD, 11 at the time was dressed in her girly ninja costume and said she could do flips for candy. He gave her the green light, and cleared way..and there goes my DD, she did 6or 7 back handsprings working her way down main street while the crowd cheered. That was just an unexpected bit of Disney magic that was a terrific memory for her, and us too!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-03-2007, 07:49 PM
It would probably have to be this year when I took my 4 year old nephew on Soarin' for the first time (in Aug) and I was nervous that he would be scared. The ride came back to the ground and he looked at me and signed and said "it's done?" I answered yes thinking he was glad it was over. He asked "I can go again?" and I could tell him yes because we had done the baby swap. He must have gone on about 6 times during the trip. After the first time he was telling other people in our row what to look for and yelling woohoo! He was so enthusiastic!! Watching him was better than watching the screen.

princessM0m
10-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Hoo boy. So many wonderful moments, many created by CMs. Our very first was on our very first day at WDW with my DD. She was tired and overwhelmed and having a meltdown at EP near SSE and a CM selling Mickey bars nearby say her sobbing. It still reminds me of Tom Hanks, because it was something to the effect of "There's no crying in Disney!" and he asked if an ice cream would help. Of course it would, so he gave her one, free. This was before YOMD giveaways. It had been a long time since I'd visited myself and it endeared CMs to me forever, despite any (rare) bad experiences I've had with them. In fact, I tend to forget the bad and more clearly remember the good, which isn't usually the case. It was just the beginning. Every trip we've taken have been filled by special moments created by CMs.

crazeedizneefinatic
10-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Our most magical memory was from this last trip (9-21 to 9-30). One night we were coming home from the parks and walking the little walkways at the CBR back to our room. A CM from the Hotel was walking twords us and stopped to chat with my son and ask him how his vacation was going. He said wonderful but really wanted a set of dream ears. The CM looked at me and asked our room number and my sons name. She told my son there were no promises but she would try after all it was a YOAMD! The last evening we were there we got home from the MK around 11 or so. After we went into the room a knock at the door came. It was her. She asked if Christian was home and he came running. She presented him with a pair of light up dream ears (not the ones you can win but the ones from the gift shop). She even got them embroidered with his name! He was yelling and screaming and thanking her, it was the most magical moment. It was better than winning ears at the park, these were hand delivered just to him. He proudly displays them in his room.

Disneyatic
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
I have already posted one of my magical moments but I just had to comment on how wonderful it is reading everyone else's magical moments.
Sharing everyone else's moments is a magical experience in itself!

This magic is a big part of the reason that Disney has become such a love of ours.

cal5755
10-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Liz - I agree... I hope we can read more too! I get goosebumps from most of them!! :mickey:

missbunny
10-04-2007, 08:20 PM
My favorite one is from 2000. We went for my birthday. It had been a really trying few months leading up to the trip. We had dinner in the castle and before we went upstairs we meet with Cinderella. My dh had pinned on a birthday button earlier in the day. The Fairy Godmother saw my button and rought me right to Cinderella ( my favorite princess). Cinderella wished me a happy birthday and the Fairy Godmother had everyone sing happy birthday to me and she showered me with Mickey confetti. It made me cry because I was so happy.
In 2004 we had a mini family gathering in December. It was my niece, Jackie, who was 4, first visit. We took her to Chef Mickeys for breakfast and she feel in love with Goofy. Later in the week she saw Goofy again and asked if he remembered her. He leaned over and gave her a big hug and kiss. She cried "Mommy, see I told you Goofy is my best friend." The adults in our party were all choked up. Also whenever CM saw Jackie's hearing aides, they made sure we were seated near the front of most shows. We never asked for special treatment but the CMs made her vacation extra magical.
Next month my dh and I are going back to celebrate our 22nd anniversay a little late. We already know our trip will be filled with magic and lots of pixie dust.
To all the posters, thanks for sharing your memories, they are all wonderful.