PDA

View Full Version : What's everyones favorite counter food..?

AbeeNormal
09-27-2007, 12:03 PM
This will be our first trip to WDW and I hear a lot of great things about restuarants but what about the great counter stuff.....Tell us everything ......Please :eat::popcorn::pizza::bar:

ibrowse17
09-27-2007, 12:29 PM
I am NOT a hot dog eater, but love to get the footlong at Casey's. Man is that good:thumbsup:

tomorrowschild
09-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Throughout Disney you will find basic counter service fair: burgers, chicken strips, fries, etc...but there are a few outstand counter service options.
Here are a few of my favs:

Magic Kingdom: Pacos Bill's- basic fair-cheeseburgers, etc. (it does have a fab fixing's bar- lettuce, tomatoe, fried onions and mushrooms that you can add to your burger for no additional cost). Cosmic Ray's also has this option. Columbia Harbour House has a few different items: fish and chips, salads, and good chowder. Main Street Bakery has some great pastry items. Also make sure to try a Dole Whip- frozen pineapple soft serve.

MGM- my least favorite counter service spot. We always just hit the area outside of Tower of Terror. There is a mix of options at different counters. Burgers, chicken, hot dogs, pizza, etc. Starring Rolls bakery has some great pastry and nice looking sandwiches.

Animal Kingdom- One of my favorite counter service places is here. Flame Tree BBQ is so yummy. It has BBQ items like ribs, chicken sadwiches, baked beans, colslaw. Yummy.

EPCOT- lots of variety here, especially in World Showcase. I enjoy Sunshine Seasons in The Land. There are alot of healthy and fresh items here. Most countries in EPCOT has there own counter service dining. My favorites are the fish and chips in Britian, sushi in Japan, and the School Bread in Norway.

Downtown Disney- Wolfgang Puck Express has great quality counter service food. Many differnt items from pizza to half chickens. I love the BBQ chicken quasidilla (sp?), as well as the garlic mashed potatoes. Earl of Sandwich is also great! It is very reasonably priced and has wonderful sandwiches. I love the All American (turkey, cranberries, and fixings).

WTDing
09-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I'd have to second the Sunshine Seasons in the Land. Lots of options allow you to find something for almost everyone all in one place.

We also enjoyed the food at POFQ. After having stayed at WL last year the POFQ foodcourt was so much better. Some standard fair but also several New Orleans inspired items esp. for dinner.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-28-2007, 12:56 PM
I will put in a third vote for Sunshine Seasons...I really liked the variety...lots of different choices (we didn't have to get stuck with hot dogs and burgers again). The portions were big...yummy all around.

I also have to vote for Casey's...a favourite of our family...just a fun place with wicked good hot dogs :eat:

cal5755
09-28-2007, 12:56 PM
We like Cosmic Rays in MK... the seperate lines can be tedious but thier chicken and ribs plate is a family favorite.

kadesha
09-28-2007, 01:19 PM
I like the little corndog dippers with cheese from Casey's at MK.

laprana
09-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I really like Pecos Bill's at MK and as far as snacks go...funnel cakes! My DBf always goes to Main Street Bakery in MK on our way out to get a GIANT rice krispie treat. He loves them, and best of all, they count as a snack on the DDP!

Earl of Sandwich in DTD is very good with a nice selection of sandwiches, salads, etc.

Also, don't forget about the CS places at the resorts. Boardwalk Bakery on the Boardwalk is fantastic! Really good sandwiches and salads, plus freshly baked pastries and other desserts!:tasty: Captain Cooks at the Poly has a good selection of food that you don't find at other places, most of which is Hawaiian style. But they also have the standard burgers and pizza.

I think that MGM has the worst CS places in all of WDW. We usually take the boat to the Boardwalk or Beach Club and grab a CS meal there rather than try to stomach the stuff they serve in MGM. :ack:

Jared
09-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Here's another recommendation for Sunshine Season Food Fair. The restaurant is divided into stations offering different selections. I particularly like the chicken Caesar salad and turkey foccacia.

My sister likes the Asian choices, but I think they seem pretty mundane.

If you're using the Disney Dining Plan, Sunshine Season Food Fair is even more appealing. The bakery section sells a huge array of cookies, cakes and pastries, all considered a dessert. It's much better than the usual menu of prepackaged chocolate and carrot cake.

At the Magic Kingdom, Columbia Harbour House is my favorite counter service place. It has the traditional fried items, but the sandwiches are tasty and unique.

Lessie
09-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Everyone has already mentioned a lot of great places like Casey's and Pecos Bill's, but we also love to eat at Cantina de San Angel at Epcot. They have yummy Mexican food, which is a nice break from all the burgers and fries, and a great, relaxing view by the water! :thumbsup:

okdukes
09-28-2007, 06:12 PM
We really like Tangeriene Cafe in the Moroccan pavilion of the World Showcase. I'm not big on hummus or cuscus . . . but the meat was awesome!

LibertyTreeGal
09-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Casey's or Cosmic rays at MK
Flame Tree at AK (btw, there is a seating area waaay down by the water where you get to see Expedition Everest and it is VERY pretty and peaceful -- except for the screams....)
Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, right outside the entrance of Soarin'

AbeeNormal
09-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the great idea's everyone:joy:...... My mouth is already watering .......:thanks:

dolphinmickey9170
09-29-2007, 06:23 AM
DD loves the bbq pork sandwich at Cosmic Ray's (MK).....it is a MUST DO everytime.

DH loves the ribs at Flame Tree BBQ (AK).....it is a MUST DO everytime.

I love the Fish and Chips at Yorkshire (Epcot) in the UK......it is a MUST DO everytime.

Also at Peco's Bills, get the chili cheese fries, it counts as a snack credit, but it was a whole meal to me. YUMMY!!!

76 more days.

Natazu
09-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Jym’s Top-7 Best Counter Service Items at WDW:
7. Turkey and Muenster Cheese on Foccacia (Sunshine Seasons)
6. Grilled Turkey & Cheese Sandwich (Backlot Express)
5. Wet Burrito (Cantina De San Angel)
4. The Hawaiian (Earl of Sandwich)
3. Fried Scallops (Cookes of Dublin)
2. Turkey Focaccia (Starring Rolls)
1. Shawarma Combo Platter (Tangierine Café)

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Downtown Disney at Wolfgang Puck's express. We thought their counter service was heavenly. Better than some of the table service meals we've had at WDW. The asian noodle bowl, the pizzas, the mac and cheese for the kids, all top notch. AND..the white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies were the best cookies I ever had in my life! I've never found better.

Mickey 101
09-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Top favorite - Grilled Salmon Platter at Tusker House in AK. Oh wait.....:(

We also enjoy:

Columbia Harbor House in MK (starboard sandwich)

Backlot Express in MGM (grilled turkey sandwich)

Cantina de San Angel in Epcot (one word....nachos!!!!)

Tangierine Cafe in Epcot (vegetarian platter)

Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot (the desserts are amazing, but they also have really good ham and cheese croissants and sandwiches)

Sunshine Seasons looked really impressive last time, too. We had a great breakfast there, but they also had healthy lunch and dinner options like grilled salmon. We just usually end up in WS for food. Much improved!

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
09-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Some of our faves w/pics:

Tangerine Cafe's veggie platter
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/WDWmom/Food%20July%2007/IMG_7937.jpg

Pinocchio's Village Haus Figaro Fries
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/WDWmom/Food%20July%2007/IMG_6901.jpg

Sunshine Seasons veggie cuban sandwich
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/WDWmom/Food%20July%2007/IMG_6746.jpg

Sunshine Seasons turkey and muenster (mentioned by Jym)
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/WDWmom/Food%20July%2007/IMG_6744.jpg

Columbia Harbor House hummus and broccoli slaw sandwich
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/WDWmom/Food%20Feb%2007/IMG_5709.jpg

SBETigg
09-29-2007, 09:27 PM
At MK:
Columbia Harbour House has excellent sandwiches as well as chowder and fish/chicken and chips. Pecos Bill and Casey's are fun, too.

At Epcot:
It's a great way to try new things around World Showcase. Tangierine Cafe, Yakitori House, Boulangerie Patisserie, Cantina de San Angel... all good.

At AK:
Flametree has a great barbecued chicken salad.

At MGM and Downtown Disney:
I haven't been to any outstanding quick service places yet. We don't spend enough time there.

AbeeNormal
09-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I love you people.......:heart: I'm never gonna get enough of this stuff.:hug:

Bluesky481
09-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is one of my favorites! Great variety that makes everyone in our travel party happy.

Also LOVE Columbia Harbor House in MK. Unique fare that offers a break from the "same old" offered in many other CS areas.

Of course, no trip to Disney would be complete without a tasty treat from Aloha Island in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom. If you like pineapple, you'll just have to try some of their Dole Whip Pineapple soft serve ice cream:thumbsup: There's just nothing like it!

ldn324
10-01-2007, 11:18 AM
My fave CS is Morocco's Tangierine Cafe (vegetarian platter) and DH's is probably AK's Flame Tree BBQ (I like it too :thumbsup:)

We tried Tusker House for the first time in Dec. 06 and loved it. Figures since it's now a buffet...oh well, we enjoyed the CS there once at least.

Figgyluv03
10-01-2007, 01:03 PM
I am NOT a hot dog eater, but love to get the footlong at Casey's. Man is that good:thumbsup:

I'm not either, but I love the corn dog nuggets. Yummy!!!!

Mickey'sGirl
10-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Top favorite - Grilled Salmon Platter at Tusker House in AK. Oh wait.....:(

We also enjoy:

Columbia Harbor House in MK (starboard sandwich)

Backlot Express in MGM (grilled turkey sandwich)

Cantina de San Angel in Epcot (one word....nachos!!!!)

Tangierine Cafe in Epcot (vegetarian platter)

Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot (the desserts are amazing, but they also have really good ham and cheese croissants and sandwiches)

Sunshine Seasons looked really impressive last time, too. We had a great breakfast there, but they also had healthy lunch and dinner options like grilled salmon. We just usually end up in WS for food. Much improved!
I'm with you on every single one of these..... :tasty: !