PDA

View Full Version : Pin Trading

wifey5794
09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm not sure where this goes. My kids have done hidden mickey's, autographs, and pressed coins. They would like to try pin trading. How should I get them started? Do I buy a started package before we go? They are DS9 and DD8.

We'll be ther 11/27-12/4

Thanks!

:santa3:

vamaggie
09-27-2007, 08:28 AM
There are lots of ways to get started. You could buy a "starter lanyard" which comes with 4 pins (I think) 2 to keep and 2 to trade. You could also buy a pin lot off ebay so your kids will have pins to trade. I try to keep the ebay costs to <$2.50/pin inc shipping. We always seem to find a few pins in the lot that we want to keep too. You can buy a lanyard anywhere (we got some at the $1 store)-just make sure they are sturdy enough to hold the pins well. I would suggest that the kids come up with some themes/characters they want to try to collect or else it can get expensive and extensive fast. Our DS started trading when he was 4 and really just traded/bought what he thought was cool. Now that he is 10 he has refined his collection a bit, focusing more on sports pins and ride/event pins. DD started as well and trys to focus on princesses and Chip&Dale. CMs are great places to start trading. There are some CMs who can only trade with kids (can't remember what color these CMs lanyards are) but all CMS have been helpful and great with the kids. Watch out for Pin Hawks who can be rather rude/less than helpful. Enjoy this fun hobby/collection!! Pm me if you have any specific questions.

ariel03
09-27-2007, 09:58 AM
If your looking for a place to buy pins I would recommend mousepinsonline. We have used them twice and have been very please with their grab bags. You get a mix of Bertoni pins, ProPin pins, Cast Lanyard pins, Hidden Mickey pins, as well as pins you would purchase at Disney parks. The quality of these pins are great. Never had any problems trading any of them. This last time we purchased we got more then half of the pins where offical disney pin trading pins. Very cool. :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
09-29-2007, 09:01 PM
ebay has a whole bunch of pin lots you could buy so that the kids could trade them for the ones they want on your trip.