PDA

View Full Version : Our stay at the Wilderness Lodge

RBrooksC
09-27-2007, 08:17 AM
What a fantastic place to stay. The rooms were a nice size. They weren't large but for what we needed they were perfect. We were able to fit a pack and play in the room with the bunk beds and did not feel cramped. Our view was of the pool/landscaping on the second floor. Very close access to a side door that allowed us quick walks to the boats or pool.

The pool was warm so my son and I were able to spend some time swimming in the evening. He loved how the stream flowed into the main pool.

The sea raycers were fantastic and well worth the money however, since their computer had issues when I got back I didn't get charged. Can't beat that. Having access to the Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon in the boat was very liberating and exhilerating.

The boat access to the MK and the CR was a nice touch. It was very relaxing to be on the boat dock at 6:45 AM waiting for the boat to the CM for Chef Mickey's.

I can assure you we will be saving our pennies to be able to stay there again.

SimbaandNalasMama
09-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Glad you enjoyed your trip. We also love the WL. We are staying at the Polynesian for the first time, beginning tomorrow, and altho just about everyone says we will love it, i am a bit nervous. I hope i dont miss the WL too much. Hey, how can it be bad? I will be at Disney!!

good luck saving the pennies for your next trip!

RBrooksC
09-27-2007, 10:14 AM
My wife and I were discussing the other resorts since we did our resort hopping on our arrival day. We didn't like the CR due to its sterile feel. The GF is just way to expensive for us. The Poly would be ok but it still doesn't meet up with the theming of the WL.

I guess also the seeming seclusion of the WL helps in the enjoyablility of the place.

Sinewiz
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Glad you had such a great time. The Wilderness is my favorite as well. I've stayed there three times and swore I would never stay anywhere else, but I'm going to be staying at the Poly come October 31st. Sure hope I have as nice a stay or it's back to the Wilderness Lodge for me.

scootch713
09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the review. We are staying there for the first time in November, just hoping that the boat is as convenient as the monorail. I love the monorail to the Contemporary, so quick.

hellokitty3
09-27-2007, 11:22 AM
We love the WL, we stayed there for a week back in March 07. My 3 year old thought it was spectacular. The little bridge there in the lobby was so entertaining to him. The room was excellent and the service was excellent. We enjoyed eating breakfast at the Roaring Fork every morning. We are planning another trip for March 08. We want to try another location just for different scenery. We are contemplating the Polynesian.

My only gripe is regarding the boat docks at the Wilderness. We used this service to ride over to the Contempory to catch the monorail for the MK. We waited for 30 minutes for the boat, the boat ride took about 15 minutes to reach the Contemporary. Then you must wait at the Contemporary for the monorail. The monorail then stops at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and lastly the MK. We could have gotten in our car and drove to the MK parking lot faster than it took to get to there thru Disney transportation. :mickey:

RBrooksC
09-27-2007, 12:14 PM
There are two boats. The resort boats for Fort Wilderness, CM and WL, and a boat for MK and Ft. Wilderness. If you get on the correct boat it takes you right where you need to go. It is a nice relaxing trip. My wife, son and I really liked the boats for our local transportation. For everywhere else, we took our rented car.

KylesMom
09-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at WL! Our favorite resort had previously been the CR due to the walkway to the MK, but we all agree that the Lodge now has #1 spot in our hearts! :mickey:

SgtTigger
09-27-2007, 07:24 PM
thanks for the review............. :thumbsup:

I know I cant wait for our next trip.......

:cop: :tigger: