PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Question =)

Tinkerbell_Beauty
09-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone! Well, we leave for Disney World in about 2 months. We are going Nov. 20th - Nov. 27. I am super excited!:mickey:
It is my first time going:blush: I am going with a huge group! It will be Me, My hubby (Dirk), our daughter Kyleigh (8 months old she will be 10 months by the time we go), my mother in-law Sharon, my sister in-law Michele, her husband Kyle, their children Christian, Caleb, Cody and Caitlin, and my sister in-law Dawn, her husband Devin, and their children Jesse, Austin, and Taylor. (There are 15 in all :thumbsup:) We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. I am extremely fortunate to have my first time at Disney be with experienced family members. Okay now that you are completely bored let me get to my question. My husband is a big guy. He is about 6 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 300+lbs. In your experience, will he have any problems riding any of the rides at Disney?

Thanks in advance for your input! Intercot rocks!:D

mrsgaribaldi
09-26-2007, 05:46 PM
My DH used to be 400+ at 6 feet tall. He fit in just about everything, maybe not the coaster in MGM. Weight wise he will be fine, I don't know about the height though. Some things will be tight and maybe uncomfortable.
Did you read this yet? http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/largeandincharge.asp

me...
09-26-2007, 05:58 PM
The only one I really know anything about is Splash. I have seen ALOT of tall men have a hard time getting in and out so my only idea for that one would be to make sure he has his own row by himself so he can at least sit on an angle because the logs aren't tall people friendly hehe : )

He might have some problems with lap bars and harnesses. As long as it clicks once it is good to go.

Read the link alot of great people have some good advice. -Christie

P.s I hope you have a BLAST!!!!

TexasPrincessAurora
09-26-2007, 06:00 PM
I just sent you a PM with a link to a website that might help.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Strmchsr
09-26-2007, 06:01 PM
i'm 6'4 and and around 300 lbs and can ride everything, though a couple of the rides are tight on my knees. With all of the mountains, riding in the front car/row gives more leg room so definitely go for that.

EpcotFan182
09-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm a little shorter - 5'9, but am 300+ and have not had any problems with fitting into rides - Disney is good like that. The only ride I had a slight problem on was Space Mountain - the seat is very low to the ground and had a little trouble getting myself up. The only way I say my weight hold me back was the exit turnstile on IASW and the entrance turnstile on CoP...they should expand those like the others! haha. Hope this helps, and have a great trip!! :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
09-26-2007, 08:23 PM
The cars on Space Mountain are really low to the ground and your legs are going to be squished if you sit in the front row. I'm 6 foot and had a hard time with that front row of that coaster.

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 10:56 PM
:mickey: It looks like you've already gotten a lot of great advice, so I'll just add :welcome: to Intercot, and I hope you all have a GREAT trip!! :thumbsup:

Momof2boys
09-27-2007, 09:23 AM
My husband is just over 6'4 and I'd agree about Splash. He can jostle himself into the log, but getting out takes a bit more coordination. Also, He prefers the back row on Test Track.

snowflakegirl
09-27-2007, 09:45 AM
My DH is 6'2'' and 300 something lbs. He didn't have too hard a time on just about anything. He did say that his knees felt cramped on some things (notably Dinosaur) but that it wasn't too bad. He didn't go on any of the coasters or Splash, however since he hates heights. I'm going to PM you a link to a site that helped ease his worries before our honeymoon.

And Welcome to Intercot!

Imagineer1981
09-27-2007, 02:35 PM
i'm 6'4 and and around 300 lbs and can ride everything, though a couple of the rides are tight on my knees. With all of the mountains, riding in the front car/row gives more leg room so definitely go for that.

Just FYI...on Space Mountain, actually the 2 seats behind the front offer the most leg room. You can slide your legs forward under the seat in front, where as the front seat has no additional space