PDA

View Full Version : Do you rearrange your furniture?

Cinderelley
09-26-2007, 03:46 PM
While I was at Epcot, I bought some stuff for our bedroom. While DH was moving the furniture, he made a comment about females and how they always want to move the furniture. It made me curious, so I thought I would do this poll.

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 04:32 PM
In the seven or so years we've lived in our house I've only rearranged the living room furniture one time.. and that was because we got two doggies and had to make a place for their kennels.

SBETigg
09-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Every now and then, I decide it is time to try to rearrange the furniture. It's not always a popular move around here. I'm running out of possible arrangements. For my next trick, I'm going to buy all new furniture! Ha!

Jimenyfan
09-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Other than to vacumn under it my furniture has been in the same spot for the last 6 years. I guess I just don't like change. I just figure I got it right the first time.

illini
09-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Loving this thread. DH thinks I'm weird for moving furniture constantly. None of my friends ever move theirs, either. I *knew* I wasn't the only mover out there!

Cinderelley
09-26-2007, 05:14 PM
For my next trick, I'm going to buy all new furniture! Ha!

:DMaybe if I told him that, he wouldn't have grumbled so much about moving it. :D

kris10399
09-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I do it about every yr when it comes time to figure out where the christmas tree is going to go. Generally the stuff stays for a while then I move it again.

I'm always changing stuff, never satisfied I guess.

disneymom15
09-26-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't change the furniture in the living room because there aren't many options. However, the bedrooms are changed probably twice a year.

buzznwoodysmom
09-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Not only do I rearrange furniture, but I change around rooms often as well. We've been living in our current house for almost 8 years and have two rooms that have changed many times. At first we had a baby room and an office, then we had a toddler room and a baby room, then we had a kids bed room and a playroom,then we switched the two as to have a bigger playroom, now we have two kids rooms. I like change, it keeps me from getting board with my surroundings. I also love changeing things in a room like comforters, lamps, accessories, wall color, furniture. DH says that our home is never complete, it is always a work in progress!

MsMin
09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
I love change and the pattern of this house doesn't allow for a lot of change. After taking an interior design course, it makes it harder to avoid the "focal points" My bedroom doesn't allow for a lot of change b/c the bathroom door is smack in the middle of the wall so the bed doesn't fit on either side and one part slants so I can't put the 4 poster there and the other wouldn't work either.
In the living room and keeping room I like the sofas to face the fireplace.
I make up for it by repainting and hanging new wallpaper. I wish I had an easier way.

BronxTigger
09-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't move the furniture, but my husband has a knack for moving stuff around fairly often. LOL

MNNHFLTX
09-26-2007, 06:23 PM
We occasionally shuffle the furniture in the game room and my son's bedroom from time to time, but the furniture in the living room and our master bedroom is way too heavy to move around. Fortunately I like the set-up as it is. :)

Pipalotta
09-26-2007, 06:36 PM
I probably change my bedroom about once every 6mos. Mostly this is because I buy new furnature for it. With the exception of about 2 large pieces everything is from Ikea! Yay my favorite! And I am still not done.

When I was younger I used to move my bedroom about every 2 months. Hah.

RedSoxFan
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't re-arrange the furniture. But I will paint and change curtains for a change.

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't rearrange it as much as I used to, as our house is small right now - but in our other house, I would move stuff seasonally!! And growing up, I was always rearranging my room - drove my mom crazy!!:D

amorillo
09-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Another rearranger here! I love to move things around at least once a year. It just makes everything seem fresh! Plus, I have to rotate my toys so that people can get to see everything! :D

Bethis26fan
09-26-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't rearrange it as much as I used to, as our house is small right now - but in our other house, I would move stuff seasonally!! And growing up, I was always rearranging my room - drove my mom crazy!!:D

lol same here and it's worse since I have a whole house to move around. I really do move my living room around about 4 or 5 times a year and my bedroom about twice. I got a promo at work and it moved me into a new office (with one other girl) that I'm over and I've been down there 5 months and have moved the stuff in there 3 times. My boss didn't know what she was doing when she told me I could move it how I wanted.

Magic Smiles
09-27-2007, 07:13 AM
My husband used to big on re-arranging our furniture. I would go out shopping and come home to find the living room had been re-arranged. Most times I would make him put it back the way it was. I guess that worked, as he no longer re-arranges rooms while I am out. He does however still try to get me to agree to re-arranging the furniture, without much success. :mickey:

Cinderelley
09-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Hmmm, it seems like the men aren't even interested enough in rearranging the furniture to take the poll. :D

DisneyDog
09-27-2007, 01:39 PM
The only thing we've rearranged since we moved into this house (almost 3 years ago) is our son's room. But that was because he went from a crib to a bed. The side of the crib was in the middle of the wall and I wanted to have the headboard of the bed up against the wall. I thing it will stay that way for a year or two until we buy him a desk. Then we'll have to rearrange things again.

Other than that, I like the way things are arranged in the rest of the house. The kitchen is currently getting remodeled and we are changing the footprint of where the cabinets are, but I don't think that counts:D

conorsmom2000
09-27-2007, 04:21 PM
I do it about every yr when it comes time to figure out where the christmas tree is going to go.
That's the only time we move furniture as well! :pine: We have a very odd shaped living room - it's 21 feet long by 11 feet wide, and one of the "long" walls has a fireplace and two windows - so, we don't have a lot of options at all! We just bought new furniture so it will be fun trying to figure out where the tree goes this year!! :D

TikiGoddess
09-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I am a frustrated furniture rearranger. My house is small and we've got the furniture in the best spaces possible, so I have nothing to move around! I have to keep myself happy with organizing. I think I've also worn my husband down --- it looks like we're getting a new couch next year, which will free up a lot of space in our 12X18 living room (right now we have an old hand-me-down sectional).

This thread has me thinking... maybe I can do some rearranging in the girls rooms tomorrow... :D

TikiG

dolphinmickey9170
09-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, since Ben and I have been together, I am unable to rearrange the furniture. He would have a cow. Also, the way our living room is, it just wouldn't make sense any other way right now. I would have to move the cable for tv, and I have to be mindful of the AC ducts/heating ducts. I do want to move my bedroom around, but I would not have the window at my head anymore.