PDA

View Full Version : 2007 WDW trip! Day 1

boo425
09-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Cast:
Me, my non-Disney husband, DD (25), DS (22), my Mom and Dad

We drove over from Tampa to the ASMu resort on Monday, Sept. 17th. (We are from NY, Mom and Dad live in Tampa). My non-DH and DS drove over early in the morning b/c DS is an actor, and was looking into the possiblity of working for WDW...not feasible on what they pay for now, but maybe in the future if he's really a starving actor! We all met up at the ASMu, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that our room was ready @10:30am!! We dumped everything, and off we go to Epcot!!
First stop: The Livings Seas with Nemo...this was our longest wait of the day (about 15min) and the ride is adorable...I would have liked to see some more real fish though! We then took in Turtle Talk, this show is just great! Next, we strolled over to the Land and got FP for Soarin for a return in about 2 hours. So, we ate lunch (on the free DDP!!) counting one counter service per person, then meandered onto JIYIwith Figment...walked right onto this ride and while I am glad they re-did it from the first disasterous "upgrade", I still miss the old ride with Dreamfinder. Back to the Land to do Soarin...this is really one of the best rides in Epcot!
Next, we were off to Mexico to see the new additions to this ride...Eh, it was just OK. Not as good as I expected. Now the sun was getting really HOT, and we had the long walk over to the Rose and Crown pub for dinner. So, we walked over slowly, listened to some Off-Kilter, wandered through some of the shops, and then waited in the shade for our dinner pager to go off. We were seated at an outside table, but it was in the shade and there was a nice breeze blowing in off the lagoon. The food, on the other hand, was not so pleasant. Appetizers were good (most of us had the fruit and cheese plate or potato soup), but the entrees...well, let me put it this way...I had some pot roast and mashed potatoes with my dish of heavily salted gravy. :ack:Fish and chips were very greasy, but I guess that's to be expected. Desserts were less than memorable, but as I said to our group..Hey at least it's FREE!
After dinner we slowly meandered over to American Adventure, and just missed the 7pm show, so we waited inside for the 7:30 show, happy to be sitting....especially in AC! The end of the movie is updated, and was quite moving. This is another family fav. Then, we called it a night, having to make the seemingly endless trek from the American pavillion to the parking lot! The crowds were so light they didn't even run the trams since only the first 2 lots were open.
Did not see any YOMD awards or people around, but we all have high hopes that tomorrow in the MK we will hit Disney pixie paydirt!

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry your experience at Rose and Crown was not so great.. but like you said - it was free! Sounds like a good first day overall.

faline
09-26-2007, 08:47 PM
I never did quite understand why they eliminated Dreamfinder - it was a great ride! Oh well!

You managed to hit quite a few rides despite the heat!

ChipnDaleGal
09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
I am sorry that your seemed to have hit the Rose and Crown on an off night. Other than that it sounds like your first day was a good one. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing.

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for posting!:thumbsup: Glad you had a good first day.

Off to Day 2! :teleport:

We found that our last meal at the Rose and Crown to be the same as you. Infact the only good thing that I had there was the :beer:!

BronxTigger
09-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks for sharing. Off to Day 2.

Pocahontas
09-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Our family just got back from the UK last month and in my opinion the Rose and Crown's food is just like what you would find in the UK. Both of which is not very good.

boo425
09-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Our family just got back from the UK last month and in my opinion the Rose and Crown's food is just like what you would find in the UK. Both of which is not very good.

Well, at least we know the food is authentic!:mickey: