PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Concourse Steakhouse 9/23/07

MMouse6937
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
I debated on whether or not to post this review as this place will be closing in the future but I thought for people who might have some ADRs for upcoming trips they might want to hear about our experience.

We had a 6:00 ADR and showed up maybe five minutes early. The walk up crowd was being told it was a two hour wait for a table. We were given a pager and told that it shouldn't be very long. We waited maybe 5 minutes before the pager went off and were seated right under the monorail track which was a great view. Our server was Jing who was very nice and helpful with what was included on the dining plan for us to order. I ordered a coke, DH a beer, dad a milkshake, and mom an orange smoothie.

For appetizers I ordered the onion rings with different dips which were very good, DH ordered the honey wings which I tried and were also yummy. Dad got the lobster bisque soup which wasn't as strong as the one at the Coral Reef, and mom ordered the mixed greens salad which she liked.

For entrees, I ordered the prime rib which was pretty good and the potatoes were wonderful. DH ordered the NY strip which was also good. Mom and dad both got the filet mignon which was severed with what they called a bread salad of some sort. Neither one of them touched that part of it, but the meat was tasty.

We took three desserts home: Butterfinger cheesecake which was so rich and tasty, the chocolate cake which nobody tried and the carrot cake which dad had a few bites of. We had to eat the creme brulee there which was not the best my mom had eaten while on our trip but still good.

There was a funny part of dinner. The family next to us was a mother, father, and a 10-11 year old child. The lady kept taking pictures of each one of the plates when it came out before anyone touched it. My mom wondered what the heck she was doing. I thought, she must be an Intercot person doing it for her travel report! :D

Overall, it was a good meal, not sure even if they were going to stay open we would go back. It was similar to the type of meal we could have gotten here at a nice steak place. It would have been $200.33 if we had paid out of pocket.

Princess Maggie
09-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Glad you enjoyed your time at the Concourse. I know from past posts that this place ususally comes with very mixed reviews. I for one am a big fan and very upset that it is closing. Will be there next month to get our fix before it closes. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the review! We will be trying it for the first time in November. I can't wait.

Lynn J Mc
09-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Oh how I will miss this place!! :(

threeh
09-27-2007, 05:04 PM
thanks for the review!!! We are thinking of trying it in Februaury. I think the monorail view in itself is really cool. Thanks again!!!:mickey:

AlvyOT08
09-27-2007, 08:43 PM
How long will the concourse steakhouse be close. I made reservations in january, so I'm assuming that it will be open. Also, what are they planning to do the restuarant? i can't wait to eat there!! thanks:mickey:

pogo
09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the review. Everything sounded so good. :D

laprana
09-28-2007, 10:26 AM
How long will the concourse steakhouse be close. I made reservations in january, so I'm assuming that it will be open. Also, what are they planning to do the restuarant? i can't wait to eat there!! thanks:mickey:

Concourse is closing for good in 2008, I believe sometime in the spring or summer. They're opening a new TS restaurant where the old CS location was. There's now a temporary CS place located on the 4th floor. When Concourse closes, they're going to put a new permanent CS location where it was.

KarenP
09-28-2007, 12:16 PM
I have not yet tried this restaurant and would like to do so before it closes. It sounds like the food is really good.

Thanks for the review!