PDA

View Full Version : Disney Themed Homes

iDisney
09-26-2007, 12:43 PM
I heard about this on my local news, and a quick Google News Search resulted in a few hits, this being the best. It is from Florida Newspaper Sun-Sentinal.

These homes come with a little Disney magic
KB Home has an exclusive deal to market Disney furnishings at its developments nationwide.
Jerry W. Jackson | Sentinel Staff Writer
September 26, 2007

Walt Disney Co. and KB Home have signed an exclusive marketing agreement to feature Disney-branded home furnishing products in developments throughout the nation, including Orlando, it will be announced today.

Central Florida, home to Walt Disney World, will feature eight model homes with Disney fashions -- more than any other community in Florida.

Disney is best known for its toys and movies, but it also has a line of flooring, window coverings, lighting and more. The various options will be incorporated into select model homes and available for review in KB Home's 15,000-square-foot studio in south Orlando in early 2008.

The Disney furnishings will not be available as options for new houses until next year as well. In the past several years, Disney executives have made a concerted effort to promote the company's branded products, and the collaboration with KB Home will further position Disney "as a leading lifestyle brand," said Pamela Lifford, an executive vice president in Disney's consumer products division.

Lifford said the agreement with KB Home, one of the nation's leading builders, offers an opportunity for the company "to present our extensive collection" to an audience of home shoppers.

The collaboration comes less than a year after KB Home announced a marketing partnership with style maven Martha Stewart, for a line of Martha Stewart homes and Martha Stewart communities.

The company recently opened its first Martha Stewart development in Florida in Ormond Beach. But one planned for west Orange County that was announced last year has been delayed by weak market conditions.

To kick off its campaign with Disney, KB Home is launching an eight-week Magical Dream Sweepstakes. Starting this week, visitors to any KB Home community can enter a drawing to win one of 10 children's bedrooms decorated with Disney-themed furniture and products.

The bedrooms, aimed at children and preteens, will be at eight of the company's 22 communities in Central Florida:

Avalon Park, off Alafaya Trail in east Orange County.

Mallard Pond, off U.S. Highway 192 in St. Cloud.

Hammock Trails, off Ham Brown Road in Kissimmee.

Preserve at Eagle Lake, off State Road 417 in Sanford.

Arbor Ridge, off U.S. 441 in Apopka.

Southern Fields, off U.S. 27 in Clermont.

Landings at Sugar Mill, off Interstate 95 in New Smyrna Beach.

Bayberry Lakes, off LPGA Boulevard in Daytona Beach.

The decor and furnishings will be from popular characters and movies including Cinderella, Disney's Pixar animated movie Cars and Pirates of the Caribbean.

"We're going to have some fun with the characters," said George Glance, division president of KB Home in Orlando. The line of fashions available early next year, he said, will include lighting, flooring, ceiling fans and other products.

Children are the core of Disney's fan base, and almost 60 percent of KB Home buyers are families with children, said Wendy Marlett, senior vice president of sales and marketing for KB Home at its Los Angeles headquarters.

That should "not only drive traffic to our communities," she said, as children clamor for their parents to take them to see the furnishings, but it allows the company "to offer something that no other home builder can -- a little Disney magic built right into their new KB Home."

I cut off the author's phone and e-mail address because I wasn't sure if it was against Intercot's terms.

iDisney
09-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Since no one else seems to want to comment, I will! ;)

I think that if this lasts, could be a very neat idea. I don't know so much that I would want the Pirates logo on my bedroom wall as I saw in one picture, but something more subtle. Disney themed capets and lighting sound rather neat as well. It would allow you to get that Disney feel and magic 365 days a year!

disneycouple2004
09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I think that will be a hit...as much Disney as we have in our home already, how neat would it be to buy a home already dressed out ..:thumbsup:..hope to find some pictures of them somewhere ...:D

Lacy
09-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I too would like to see some pics. I think it sounds like a good idea. I'm pretty sure their teaming with Martha Stewart has been successful (or at least they've done a good job advertising it). I would like to have a home that came pre-decorated with my favorite type of decor! I've been working on my Disney room lately (of course using the Disney paint) but this would make things even easier. Plus, it would just be nice to see the homes to get some ideas :)

Figment!
09-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Examples, model listings and a chance to win a Disney Bedroom set can all be found on the KB Homes website (http://www.kbhome.com/staticTemplates/disney_promo.aspx).

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Wow. I'm in northern NJ and you can pretty much pick me up off the ground right now. Those homes were beautiful, and the prices are what knocked me over. I think a home like that in NJ would go for triple the prices. Wow. That hurt.
On an aside, the Disney rooms are just an awesome idea.

PirateStitch
10-01-2007, 06:03 PM
I would love to have a Lilo and Stitch themed Adult Bedroom !!! Our an all out Disney home that all ages could enjoy!!!!!!

crltkcagle
10-01-2007, 08:24 PM
thats really cool, thanks for the info!

Red Randal
10-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Examples, model listings and a chance to win a Disney Bedroom set can all be found on the KB Homes website (http://www.kbhome.com/staticTemplates/disney_promo.aspx).

Is that the Illuminations music playing on their website?

Tinkermom
10-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Is that the Illuminations music playing on their website?

Yes, it sure is! I have this CD, I just LOVE it!