PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations cruise w/a 2 y.o?

rjmdds
09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi, We are thinking about doing something special for our trip in April '08. We are considering an Illuminations cruise for our family. I have a son who will be 2 1/2 by then. Do you think an Illuminations cruise is appropriate for him? Thanks.

TheRustyScupper
09-26-2007, 01:46 PM
1) Yes and no.
2) Yes
. . . you have a good view of the globe
. . . you have a good view of the fireworks
. . . being on the boat is always fun
3) No
. . . if the wind blows wrong, you get LOTs of smoke

vamaggie
09-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Something to also consider is what is your DS like when he is tired? Will he be cranky/fussy while on the boat with no way to escape? When we went with DD (18 mo) we did not try to "do" any of the fireworks/night shows (DS & DH watched from the room/beach instead) since she was used to going to bed at 8 or so and got really cranky when we tried to push that time frame. You know your child best.

disneymomw_3boys
09-26-2007, 02:58 PM
The good thing about the boat though is that the child will be in a safe area and will be able to lay down if needed. We did a cruise a few years back and it is a nice thing to do with your family.

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks for this post, I have been wondering the very same thing. Our DD will be 1 when we go. We are planning a cruise- Chloe will sleep anywhere, no matter the noise.

TammiMcMan
09-26-2007, 05:01 PM
On one of the Illuminations cruises, we were on a boat with another family. They were able to bring their stroller on board and their little one slept comfortably through the whole thing.

Harriet
09-27-2007, 07:51 PM
If you are sharing the cruise with others you need to consider how cranky your child be and disturbing the other folks. I really don't think this is something to take a little on. Why not get a baby sitter for the couple hours.