PDA

View Full Version : Black silhouette (sp?) heads

luvkatiebug
09-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Does WDW have a place where they will make the black silhouette heads of children. I have never done one before, but I seem to remember that they did it maybe on Main Street somewhere. I'd love to get one done of my 2 girls who will be 3 and 7 when we go. Thanks for the info!:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
09-26-2007, 11:33 AM
1) Youbetchya.
2) The cutouts can be of one or two people.
3) They can be done in person or from photos.
4) The location is on the path to Liberty Square.
5) Walking up Main Street toward the Castle
. . . stay to the left to go around the forecourt stage
. . . on the left is a path top Liberty Square
. . . the space is on the left just before the path
. . . there is an easel with three chairs

goofiecrazy
09-26-2007, 11:34 AM
There is a place on main street that does it but not sure where it is.I asked this awhile ago.Its 25 bucks and there are few other places in the parks to get it done to.

MickeyMousse
09-26-2007, 11:39 AM
If I remember correctly, there was a stand that did this at the Marketplace too.

tiaramom
09-26-2007, 12:00 PM
We have several of these setting back to before my daughter and after.
They hang in our bathroom.
We got ours at down town disney near the rainforest cafe ( its a cart ) the older man is great! they are so well done- look like us too!
lol...
love them!!!

merlinmagic4
09-26-2007, 12:49 PM
We had them done at Downtown Disney and we did three people. I know they are in Liberty Square in MK, too. Also, there used to be a stand in Epcot somewhere around France, I think.

luvkatiebug
09-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks so much. It sounds like we may have several places to do it on our trip. :mickey:

irish1967
09-26-2007, 01:35 PM
FYI - the last time we had it done, they made two copies (I think it is automatic)

For something around $8 you can get a second frame and it makes a GREAT gift for grandparents or another special adult in your children's lives.:mickey:

We always get ours done in the MK - sometimes we have to swing by a couple of times before the cart is open.

disneymajik
09-26-2007, 10:01 PM
We had this done for our daughters last year. As you're walking up Main Street there is a street to the right... before the bakery I believe. There is a cart right there where a CM did the silhouette cutouts. If I remember correctly we got two of each of our daughters for $8 a piece and then the frames were maybe $12?? It was a nice memento to bring home and hang on the wall.

DisneyDudet
09-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I did this at Disneyland, and it was a great and inexpensive souvie! You do get two copies. They are mirror images. I love mine! Since I got mine during the 50th at DLR, I got mine with a gold Mickey. You can get them with characters as well. Its amazing to watch them make them! It takes less than a min!

I do not know if they have one on Main Street. I know they have one in Liberty Square and at DTD near the Pin Traders in the Marketplace.

snowflakegirl
09-28-2007, 09:07 AM
We had this done for our daughters last year. As you're walking up Main Street there is a street to the right... before the bakery I believe. There is a cart right there where a CM did the silhouette cutouts. If I remember correctly we got two of each of our daughters for $8 a piece and then the frames were maybe $12?? It was a nice memento to bring home and hang on the wall.

I got this done two years ago in the same place. It was one of my favorite mementos from that trip.