PDA

View Full Version : POR Mug ??

FatherForce
09-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Ok, I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but hey, I'm lazy.
We have mugs from our 94 trip to Dixie Landings. Now last year we used 10 year old mugs at the WL, but this time the resort has changed names.

Think we can save some $ and bring our old DL mugs?

I'm not just lazy, I'm cheap too.

Thanks

RRabbitfan
09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
I was just there in August and I got one of the new mugs. I was told "They can only be used in the resort that they were bought at." Well I saw that the same mugs are sold at each resort. Besides that I saw people filling up old PO mugs and non-Disney mugs. So you should have no problem with your old DL mug. :secret:

gardenia
09-26-2007, 12:16 PM
They can only be used for the length of the stay you bought them in. No old mugs.

I see people everywhere doing the wrong thing, does that make it okay for me to do the wrong thing too? No.

#1donaldfan
09-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't think your supposed to use them after your "length of stay" ... so, for those mugs purchased in years past, they are supposed to stay at home.........however, this past year and for many, many years prior, I've seen people use them old, new, not even disney....I guess it's up to each individual in taking the risk of having a CM come up to you and "bust" you......that would just be horrible to have 'em come up to you and your family and ask you to pour out your drink.....

luvdiznee
09-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Is this almost like Disney shooting themselves in the foot by having the same refill mugs for all resorts? (I geuss I'm still upset I can't complete my resort mug collection). But I do wish they would at least go back to the individual mugs for each resort. And until they change them (from the ones they have out now) it will be hard to tell if you bought it on this trip or when you were there say 4 months ago. I plan on buying another one just because I gave my other from my May purchase as a gift, but otherwise how would they know? Not trying to cheat just I see them doing more harm to themselves. Am I that off? If so blame it on the stress headache since we leave TOMORROW! :mickey:

FatherForce
09-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the input.

I will say, however, that last year at the WL, a CM told me the WL were good forever, no matter when we purchased them (95).
That's what I remember from when we bought them too.

I don't wanna be a rule-breaker...just a rule taking-advantage-of-er.

Jeff
09-26-2007, 02:18 PM
I believe the official WDW line is:

The old mugs were for "lifetime" drinks at the resort they were bought at.

The newer (last several years) have a sentence stamped under the handle indicating the mug is for current length of stay only.

Thus, if you have old mugs w/o the "disclaimer" near the handle you can reuse them in good conscience.