PDA

View Full Version : What do 2 yr olds like best about MVMCP?

KatGat
09-26-2007, 09:59 AM
We've never atteneded the Christmas party and this year we will only have our 2 yr old with us. Is it worth the $? I don't think he'll care about the snow. We love the snow at the Osborne lights, so hubby and I can get our fix there... For those of you with toddlers or preshcoolers, what did they love about the party?
Thanks!

floridamom
09-27-2007, 10:14 AM
We have friends who have taken their three kids to MVMCP every year since their youngest daughter was 2. Last year (after she had just turned 5) was the first year they felt they got their money's worth for her because in previous years she was either asleep or overtired by 9PM. You may want to consider how flexible your child is with his/her schedule before springing for the extra cost.

I'm sure someone else can speak to the specifics of what a toddler would enjoy most about the party, but we'll probably wait another couple of years until our now two-year old is a bit older. Last year we just stuck to normal park hours and our girls loved the snow, music and dancing lights at Osbourne Lights. They also enjoyed all the fun holiday decorations at MK. Good luck! :mickey:

Goofy Pluto
09-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I'll let you know it 2 months. We go two months from today!!! :D

KatGat
09-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks! I leaning towards waiting until he's older. We joke that we could spend most of our time at the play area near Splash Mtn. and he would be perfectly happy. Of course, with a visit to the ducks that hang out in MK...

TexasPrincessAurora
09-27-2007, 11:38 AM
We went for DS 2nd birthday and took in MVMCP. We were careful to go back to the Poly and swim and nap in the afternoon so that DS wouldn't get overtired.

He loved the Christmas parade. He loved getting the Christmas cookies. He enjoyed seeing the characters. Probably his favorite thing was getting to ride the rides with short lines. He got to ride his first roller coaster, Goofy's Barnstormer, 3 times without getting off. He loved the "Snow" on Main Street.

Gator
09-27-2007, 02:45 PM
My DD really liked the free cookies. She liked the Christmas show at the castle, too. What she really likes is watching video of all the Christmas shows. Take plenty of video - they'll love that most of all.