PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at MGM

tman
09-26-2007, 09:44 AM
We will be arriving on a Saturday at WDW and we want to go to MGM after lunch for a 1/2 day at the park. I saw where Saturday is listed as a crowded day to visit MGM. Has anyone been on a Saturday and the crowds are overwhelming? Only 17 more days to go!!!!!

Strmchsr
09-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Every park is pretty crowded on Saturday, but sine October has grown to be a pretty popular month I would expect large, but not overwhelming, crowds. Just have a plan as to what you really want to see and use Fastpass. With only half a day, don't expect to do much in MGM. Since there are only 2 big rides (TOT and RNRC) they can get crowded, as can the shows.

WDWfanatic742
09-26-2007, 08:09 PM
From what I have seen, the park has been fairly deserted over the past couple weeks. Besides TOT and RNRC, not much crowds anywhere else in the park. Probably going to change in October though.

Fantasmic
09-27-2007, 05:29 AM
I was there Saturday 9/22 and the were practically no crowds, everything was a walk on and we were able to get great seats for all the shows. :blush:

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-28-2007, 09:59 AM
We were at MGM yesterday until a little after noon and it was packed. Alot more crowded than MK or Epcot. We didn't even make it over towards TOT so I don't know what that area looked like or what the wait time was. It was way too HOT for me to handle much, so we left & drove home as it was the last day of vacation.

RBrooksC
09-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I can say that last weekend, MGM was busy but I was able to ride ToT twice in a row and made it into the library without having to wait in a line.

The only line I waited in was Star Tours but that was maybe 10 minutes. This was on a Sunday.